Every Hotel

venooch333

Original Poster
On are next trip (in a month :sohappy: ) me and my mum are planning on taking a day out to try and visit every hotel in WDW!! :) Do you have any suggestions on what would be the best route to take (only using WDW transportation) :confused: We would also like to buy something in every hotel (not too expensive :lookaroun ) any suggestions on what this could be :veryconfu :king:

FatBoy976

I would say take the monorail to the three hotels on the track. A few of the buses stop at multiple hotels, like swan and dolphin and the all stars. You could buy a shot glass at each hotel. Good luck getting to all of them in one day.

tigsmom

Wow, thats some plan! I'm not sure what the best way would be, but try to group them together if possible. Start out close to where you are staying or maybe start at the farthest & work your way back? The MK ones are easy... they are on the monorail and you can take a boat to the WL from the Contemporary. As for the others I'm sure somebody will come up with a plan, maybe one of our transportation CMs?

As for a souvenier how about a magnet? Thats what I do; most hotels have them in the giftshops. You could also collect postcards that show the resort & set up a scrapbook. Don't forget photos. Ask a CM or another guest to take a pic of the two of you at the Resort. They all have specific landmarks that identify them.

Sounds like a great trip, let us know how you make out. :wave:

Trishnh

wow! good luck on trying to hit all the properties!! I think it will be very time consuming. Obviously the monorail hotels will be easy to get to, but as far as I know the other hotels you can only get to by takinga bus from one of the parks, the TTC or Down Town Disney. The Boarwalk and Beach & Yact club are within walking distance of each other so those would be easy, too.

As for a small item from each hotel, we like to collect shot glasses from each place we go to. They are inexpensive and do not take up a lot of space!

Have fun on your rounds!! Where are you staying? :wave:

Tricia

Number_6

One possible way to do it would be to make your way to DTD. Pretty much all the hotels have some form of transport(bus or water shuttle) that will get you to and from DTD. I would start with the ones around the MK, though. Then get a bus from one of them to DTD. Once I had hit the majority of them from there, I would make a final run to MGM and take the water shuttle to the Swan, Dolphin, Y&B Club and Boardwalk to finish out the collection. Plus, going to Boardwalk last will make it so you can either have dinner at one of the fine establishments there, or walk over to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot and go someplace there and take in Illuminations.

popkid

I've actually done this before (with the exception of the Swan & Dolphin). Not only did we go to each hotel, we got to see a room at each. Granted I was on a Disney Sales Training Seminar, and we had a bus taking us directly from one resort to the next.

Let me just say, that even with the direct transportation - it was a heckuva day. Good luck on your quest though...

Kadee

We plan on doing that on our next trip, too. Maybe not all in one day, but I love the resorts. I've been to several already, but I want to REALLY see them; spend some time walking around the grounds and such. You may want to drive. Just tell the guard you are going to eat at the restaurant or something.

ral8026

You can hit Swan,Dolphin,Boardwalk,Beach, on the same boat from MGM. Go then by bus to AK then AKL back to AK get bus to CS back to AK then bus toAll- Star group.Start with All-Star Music the Sports,and Moive. PO and POR are easy(next to each other) FW boat to WL then boat to Contemp to monorail GF, then Poly,the T&TC.From T&TC go to CaribCarb to DTD bus to POP bus back to DTD KW back to DTD the SS. I think thats all. That will be one LONG day! Get a pin from each hotel a(about 6 or 7 dollars US)

chucknstuff

I did the hotel/park thing in 2003, I got shot glasses...err Toothpick holders as they were labeled. I was staying at Grand Floridian here is the route I took:
mono to contemp, boat to wild lodge, boat to ft wild, bus to DTD, boat to Pt Orle, bus to typh lgn, bus to POP, bus to Sports cmplx, bus to allstars (all 3), bus to AK (park), bus to AKL, bus to Bliz BCH, bus to coronado, bus to MGM, bus to Carrib, Bus to epcot, walk fut wld, walk wld sho, walk yat and BCH, walk Brdwlk and ESPN, walk swan, walk dolphin, Bus to TTC, mono to Poly, boat to MK. Better bring your walking shoes. spent about $170 for all. Did not do Old Key west though. If you want to do it quicker split the list like Epoct - north to MK and EPCOT East and west (AK - DTD)
and meat back at Epcot for Lunch/dinner and illuminations. It took me a good part of the day. The Wife and kid thought i was Crazy, I just didn't want to spend the day at blizzard beach that's all...Can you say "look mom there's a beached Whale!!!"

rick3236

Great plan. I thought I was the only lunatic who did this. We got pins at each hotel (except Swan and Dolphin).

We were staying at CBR, so here is what we did:

Bus to MK, Monorail to GF, then to Poly, then to Contemporary. Boat to Wilderness Lodge and boat to Ft. Wilderness. Bus from Ft. Wilderness to Epcot, walk through Epcot to International Gateway, Boardwalk, YC & BC, Swan & Dolphin, then boat to MGM. Bus at MGM to OKW, then bus to DTD, and boat to Port Orleans, Walk from Riverside to French Quarter. Then bus to AK. From AK bus to All-Stars started at Sports and walked to Movies where we took the bus back to AK, bus to Coronado Springs, back to AK and finally to AKL (where we had a fantastic dinner at Boma's). Bus to DTD and back to CBR.

Saratoga Springs and POP were not open when we did this. WE had a great time when we did this and it was also holiday time so we enjoyed seeing all the different decorations at each hotel.

Have fun.

WDWScottieBoy

I just want to say good luck and enjoy your day(s) in doing this trip to all the resorts. I've always wanted to visit them all but never managed to do it.

signerdreams

souveniers from every hotel: here's my suggestion POSTCARDS

I took a 11 day senior trip up the east coast i bought a ton of postcards i then put them in a photo album book with a bunch of my recepits and small momentos from the trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom