Every ADR... Say What?!?!?

dkosdros

Original Poster
That's right. I snagged every ADR we wanted.

We arrive Tue Feb 4th. Check in and heading to DTD to shop and have dinner @ Rainforest Cafe @ 7:30pm

Wed Feb 5th headed to Magic Kingdom and scored ADR for Be Our Guest for 6:50pm.

A little side story. On our 180 day mark we logged online to book at 6am. It only had a table of 2 open. So we booked it and at 7am called and explained we made a mistake and needed a table for 6. Well they wouldn't budge. I tried every trick in the book. Went up to several manager levels. Basically the response I got was Disney has locked this restaurant. NO ONE is able to go in and open up tables etc. I threatened to pull my wedding from Disney and everything. They swore they couldn't do a thing and said in the past we were able to have some wiggle room and they can accommodate any request of mine for every other restaurant but Be our Guest because it is locked now. I believe them. I think changes were made and they have locked everyone out of the system. They stated we could go to our reservation that was for 2 people and see if they could make room for the additional 4 but it would be up to the servers. Well I have been checking on and off and this morning scored the 6:50pm reservation for the table of 6. It let me book this while keeping my 5pm table for 2. Which I thought the system wouldn't let you book at the same restaurant within the same time frame but it worked. So I went in and just canceled the table of 2. I didn't want to take chances and have them not accommodate us and we be left in the cold. Although I really like the 5pm time slot better. Now we are cutting it close to wishes.

Do you think we will be able to get in and out in time for Wish's at 8pm? We plan on arriving early in hopes they can take us in early as well as know ahead of time what we want to order so we can keep things moving along. :cautious:

Thu Feb 6th headed to Breakfast at Ohana's @ 9am (Going to try to keep checking for an earlier one so we can get to Epcot at opening, grab Monorail to Epcot, Dinner at Coral Reef @ 6:15pm, illuminations @ 9pm

Fri Feb 7th headed to Animal Kingdom then Dinner at Bomas @ 6:30pm

Sat Feb 8th headed to Disney Hollywood Studios Dinner @ 50's Prime Time Cafe 5:15pm then Fantasmic @ 7pm

Sun Feb 9th, Head to Disney Cruise where we don't need to worry about ADRs' Yaaaay :happy:

I am so excited. It seems to be slow time of year but I really didn't think we would get every restaurant we wanted.

TAMarie

Congrstulations! It will be tough to get 6 guests in and out in an hour for Wishes.You often aren't seated exactly at time of ressie. Plus I wouldn't want rush BOG! Take in all the rooms, the atmosphere, the snowfall and the Beast.

rsoxguy

I don't really do long trips to WDW anymore, beyond the occasional three day trip. We often call just a few days ahead for a Saturday trip to a park, and we seem to always get an available ADR for the places that we want to eat. We must be calling at the right time.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

We arrive Tue Feb 4th. Check in and heading to DTD to shop and have dinner @ Rainforest Cafe @ 7:30pm

A little side story. On our 180 day mark we logged online to book at 6am. It only had a table of 2 open. So we booked it and at 7am called and explained we made a mistake and needed a table for 6. Well they wouldn't budge. I tried every trick in the book. Went up to several manager levels. Basically the response I got was Disney has locked this restaurant. NO ONE is able to go in and open up tables etc. I threatened to pull my wedding from Disney and everything. They swore they couldn't do a thing and said in the past we were able to have some wiggle room and they can accommodate any request of mine for every other restaurant but Be our Guest because it is locked now. I believe them. I think changes were made and they have locked everyone out of the system. They stated we could go to our reservation that was for 2 people and see if they could make room for the additional 4 but it would be up to the servers. Well I have been checking on and off and this morning scored the 6:50pm reservation for the table of 6. It let me book this while keeping my 5pm table for 2. Which I thought the system wouldn't let you book at the same restaurant within the same time frame but it worked. So I went in and just canceled the table of 2. I didn't want to take chances and have them not accommodate us and we be left in the cold. Although I really like the 5pm time slot better. Now we are cutting it close to wishes.

Do you think we will be able to get in and out in time for Wish's at 8pm? We plan on arriving early in hopes they can take us in early as well as know ahead of time what we want to order so we can keep things moving along. :cautious:

Thu Feb 6th headed to Breakfast at Ohana's @ 9am (Going to try to keep checking for an earlier one so we can get to Epcot at opening, grab Monorail to Epcot, Dinner at Coral Reef @ 6:15pm, illuminations @ 9pm

Sat Feb 8th headed to Disney Hollywood Studios Dinner @ 50's Prime Time Cafe 5:15pm then Fantasmic @ 7pm

Sun Feb 9th, Head to Disney Cruise where we don't need to worry about ADRs' Yaaaay :happy:

I am so excited. It seems to be slow time of year but I really didn't think we would get every restaurant we wanted.
By the time Feb comes along Wishes will probably not be until 9pm or 10pm b/c the hours will most likely change. This happens all the time. Magic Kingdom rarely does a Wishes show that early even in the slow months when parks close earlier and have shorter hours. So hopefully this happens and you will be fine. :)

dkosdros

Original Poster
It wasn't tough because we were dillegent. Had all our days mapped out and times and places we wanted to be. So I think we went into it well prepared and got up early to make them. All before taking an 8 hr drive to Michigan that morning. But it was a great start to the trip knowing we scored all our ADR's.

@sxeensweet I hope you are right. I saw other posting about hours and stated the same thing that it will most likley change. That makes it a lot less stressful because I really wanted us to be able to soak in the sights and sounds. I thought it seemed a little early for the show but thought hey what do I know?!!? LOL

@rsoxguy you must be calling at the right times. I have been watching the restaurants like a hawk. I am still trying to get an earlier time for breakfast at Ohana's and I have seen them all book right up and then sporadically one or two open up here or there.

epcotisbest

You went up to several manager levels and threatened to pull your wedding over an ADR? Ever heard of karma? Enjoy your meal.

dkosdros

Original Poster
Well I work in customer service and I know that reps on a lower level only have so much authority, and then on up they have more and more flexibility. I was nice about it. I made sure not to give them to hard of a time. I felt bad because it is totally not me. But I read that they save a few tables and have the ability to open them up and well that turned out to be old news or they just recently changed it so they are not. But you would think someone that is spending thousands and thousands and thousands and bringing an additional 23 adults along with them that will spend hundreds if not thousands you would think they could make room for 4 additional people (1 being and infant, and one a 6 year old) for dinner with us?!?! But at this point I was patient and it paid off. I ended up scoring the ADR with 6 people and hopefully made someone else's day by releasing our ADR for 2 people. I am a big believer in Karma. Hopefully I have a full plate of good Karma. :)

epcotisbest

Well I work in customer service and I know that reps on a lower level only have so much authority, and then on up they have more and more flexibility. I was nice about it. I made sure not to give them to hard of a time. I felt bad because it is totally not me. But I read that they save a few tables and have the ability to open them up and well that turned out to be old news or they just recently changed it so they are not. But you would think someone that is spending thousands and thousands and thousands and bringing an additional 23 adults along with them that will spend hundreds if not thousands you would think they could make room for 4 additional people (1 being and infant, and one a 6 year old) for dinner with us?!?! But at this point I was patient and it paid off. I ended up scoring the ADR with 6 people and hopefully made someone else's day by releasing our ADR for 2 people. I am a big believer in Karma. Hopefully I have a full plate of good Karma. :)
Hopefully.

rsoxguy

@rsoxguy you must be calling at the right times. I have been watching the restaurants like a hawk. I am still trying to get an earlier time for breakfast at Ohana's and I have seen them all book right up and then sporadically one or two open up here or there.

Sorry about your troubles. I called two days ago and requested an ADR for dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe for this Saturday and received one within an hour and a half of my desired time. Perhaps the CM on the other end was a Red Sox fan?

dkosdros

Original Poster
It probably the accent. Whenever I hear it I cave everytime too. :) and BTW I checked the website online yesterday every 5 minutes and Ohana's opened up for 7:30am so I was able to snag that and release my other one. So now I am officially all set and happy with all my ADR's. I just hope Epcotisbest doesn't spit in my food. They have me worried about the Karma thing and I am wondering if they are out to sabotage my magical vacation now. LOL

epcotisbest

It probably the accent. Whenever I hear it I cave everytime too. :) and BTW I checked the website online yesterday every 5 minutes and Ohana's opened up for 7:30am so I was able to snag that and release my other one. So now I am officially all set and happy with all my ADR's. I just hope Epcotisbest doesn't spit in my food. They have me worried about the Karma thing and I am wondering if they are out to sabotage my magical vacation now. LOL
Would never want anyone's vacation sabotaged...it just seemed a bit heavy handed they way you initially described the BOG ADR. I am too old and laid back to let something like that bother me. We are going back in Sept. No BOG available and I did not threaten to pull my vacation or go through several managers. I just said, OK maybe next time. Still hope you have a great time and always get your way. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom