everest

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
We just got back from our Disney trip and we were lucky enough to get a fast pass and ride EE. I just wanted to say that the ride was awesome !
My kids loved it as well as my husband and myself . However Tower Of Terror
was the all time favorite ride of the trip .

wannab@dis

Glad to hear that you liked EE! I'm also wondering if EE will top ToT in my view as one of the best attractions on property. While EE looks like a great addition, I'll have to wait until I ride it to see if it beats ToT for me. :wave:

If you are going to the Tower of Terror, don't miss the Rock and Roll Roller Coaster next to it. It is as good (and maybe even a bit better) than Everest.

orioleinflorida said:
We did but my kids liked tot better.

ToT was a lot of fun too. We went to MGM early in the morning to take advantage of the extra hour for resort guest and were able to get on ToT within 10 minutes.

I guess there are different drop rountines, ours was prtty tame. I was anticipating more. Maybe we got an easy ride.

Gary

Epcot82Guy

I'm just glad to hear Disney is able to reinvent the wheel so to speak when it comes to thrill rides. The last major "thrill" additions: ToT, RnRC, TT, M:S, Kali, Dinosaur, and EE specifically, have all been VERY different experiences. A steel coaster is a steel coaster, despite differences in the seating arrangement or track twistedness, so they are constantly compared. However, Disney has really created individual attractions (granted some of which I have not experienced yet) that complement rather than rival each other. Certainly some have been "replaced," but most of them were not the major thrill rides to begin with (see Space Mountain to RnRC).

Disneyfan2000

now im going to Disney april 5-28 so im going to be there for the offical opening....are they going to make a big deal about the opening on the 7th? like some kind of event thing?

bluefaery

DisneyMarg said:
We want to do both Kilanmarjaro Safaris (sp?) and Everest first thing when the park opens, so which do you recommend we fastpass?

I would fast pass EE just b/c the line for KS will be a little smalle.

Disneyfan2000 said:
now im going to Disney april 5-28 so im going to be there for the offical opening....are they going to make a big deal about the opening on the 7th? like some kind of event thing?

I believe they're having an event for the press only. I'm sure doing a search will bring up more official information.

i'll be there April 6-12..so I'll be there for it too. Can't wait!

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
fastpass

I have to tell you we stood inline for a long time for the SAFARI also . we fastpassed EE and then waited for the safari . They were both really busy .

RonAnnArbor

Go directly to EE when the park opens - get to the park ONE HOUR before park opening - it now gets a HUGE crowd at opening time and they all head to either the Safari or EE - Stand to the right when you get to the rope blockade after they open the gates. Follow the path to Asia and turn right - do NOT go through Dinoland - it lands you at the far opposite end of the entrance to EE. Do the regular queu for EE - it moves quickly, the museum is fun, and it adds to the experience. THen immediately head over to the Safari. If it says 20 minutes or less, wait in line. If it is longer, fastpass it. At the beginning of the day, the ride seems to load much quicker as the safari jeeps are all lined up and ready to go and empty so they turnover the first hour much quicker than the rest of the day.

Yetiguy

peter11435 said:
I would fastpass KS. Both get a very long line and the queue is a must see for you first ride on EE.

The queue for Everest is almost as exciting as the camping section at your local sporting goods store! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom