Everest Trains Chugging

JJHale

We just returned from WDW late last night. Spent Saurday at AK and Everest looks spectacular. It is true that most of the scaffolding is down but there is still a lot of work to be done aound the base of the mountain. Several large terraces surround the base, still unfinished - but the mountain ... WOW. I took a lot of pictures. I'll post a trip report as soon as I can gather my thoughts and download the pics. Fantastic time all around at all four parks.

KevinPage

Let's remember to make Jim Hill eat crow when the ride performs fine when it opens and there isn't "throughput" problems as he claims there is going to be.

He was rather nasty & "know it all" in his email response to me when I called him on his remarks months ago.

RSoxNo1

KevinPage said:
Let's remember to make Jim Hill eat crow when the ride performs fine when it opens and there isn't "throughput" problems as he claims there is going to be.

He was rather nasty & "know it all" in his email response to me when I called him on his remarks months ago.

From my understanding their are separate loading and unloading areas in addition to two lift hills that slow the ride up. This should allow at least 3, probably 4 Steam Donkey's running at all times. If anyone has a spec breakdown (estimated ride time, seats per train) we could determine the capacity per hour relatively easily.

peter11435

RSoxNo1 said:
From my understanding their are separate loading and unloading areas in addition to two lift hills that slow the ride up. This should allow at least 3, probably 4 Steam Donkey's running at all times. If anyone has a spec breakdown (estimated ride time, seats per train) we could determine the capacity per hour relatively easily.
There are four lift hills if you count the two where you change direction.

ogryn

xtimMOOthyx said:
There appeared to be something in the seats. At first I thought it was people, but then realized that the seats were just covered with plastic or something. Also, I didn't notice any work being done on the waterfall, and didn't see any Imagineers around at all. They probably just need to turn it on. It was really cool to see.

Were they Water Dummies?
TTD14.jpg

Tim G

mousermerf said:
Do they go "choo-choo" or make any train-type sounds?
On the real Everest there never was a train which did "choo-choo" So on the better advanced version of that previously mentioned mountain, the train won't do "choo-choo" either... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom