Everest Question

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is no info on that yet, hopefully something will leak out soon :) but its safe to say that capacity will need to be around 2000 guests per hour, so it will have to be multi-train I would think.

Lee

Adventurer
Check the concept art.
It clearly shows a train on the lift, and one on the outside drop.
We can safely say there will be at least 2 trains on the course at any given time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Lee
Check the concept art.
It clearly shows a train on the lift, and one on the outside drop.
We can safely say there will be at least 2 trains on the course at any given time.

That's true. So assuming the concept art is technically accurate, there will definately be more than one train. That certainly makes sense due to the capacity issues.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i doubt 5 trains.. the speeds at which a modern coaster v. BTM run.. it'd be too big of a safety risk. I'm thinking 2 running while a third loads.

Shaman

Does anyone know if E:E will be like Space Mountain with two separate tracks....if so then the capacity issue won't be a big deal...because if each track has two trains that equals to four running on the track and two possibly loading...just my opinion.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
Everest is supposed to be very similar to BTM. If this holds true is should probably be able to handle five trains at a time.

That would be consistant with Rock n RollerCoaster, which can handle 5 trains on track at once.

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by mkt
i doubt 5 trains.. the speeds at which a modern coaster v. BTM run.. it'd be too big of a safety risk. I'm thinking 2 running while a third loads.

It doesn't really matter how fast it goes. It just depends on how many lift hills and brake zones there are. As stated before me, RnRC can handle 5 trains and that is much faster than BTM. You also have to consider if the station on Everest will have two loading sides like BTM. That would mean you'd have to be able to get at least 4 trains on the track at a time.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I think there might be some confusion on the whole "backwards" thing with Everest. My understanding (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is that at some point in the ride the train will somehow position itself to go in reverse during a PORTION of the track (probably at some climactic moment in the ride). But I think some are understanding the that train will go through it's course and then suddenly do the SAME course again, only backwards. I do not believe it is the latter. Am I wrong?

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by Merlin
I think there might be some confusion on the whole "backwards" thing with Everest. My understanding (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is that at some point in the ride the train will somehow position itself to go in reverse during a PORTION of the track (probably at some climactic moment in the ride). But I think some are understanding the that train will go through it's course and then suddenly do the SAME course again, only backwards. I do not believe it is the latter. Am I wrong?

You are correct. Everest is being adversited as the first coaster to go forwards and backwards and still be a complete circuit. But I don't think that was the confusion on this board.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
You are correct. Everest is being adversited as the first coaster to go forwards and backwards and still be a complete circuit. But I don't think that was the confusion on this board.

Well the starter of this thread posed the question of whether it would be just one train because of the forward and backward aspect. That led me to believe that he/she was confused about whether it would be a complete circuit or not.

ToTBellHop

1 train loading
1 train at unloading platform (assuming it's separate--otherwise, just sitting at the brake run)
1 train on the lift hill
1 train b/t the first turn around and the second turn around.

If there are either two loading platforms or a separate unloading platform (one train unloading, one at the brakes), you can handle a fifth given what we know about the ride system. I would be tempted to say they will go w/ separate loading and unloading platforms...given the idea of this ride, w/ trains going up EVEREST in search for the feared Yeti, it would certainly make sense for trains to return empty...

TimeTrip

Guess, they haven't heard of Ultra-Twister then ;)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
The forward/backwards set up might be pretty easy to figure out. My theroy is this, that they might take a page out of Malestrom, where the trolls cast the spell on your boat (You know what Im talkin about right?).

it's a very old technique but hey, it might still work. After all, you run into the yeti when you get the base at the top of everest and from that point on your attempting to escape the mountain, so when you run into the Yeti at the base, then would be a perfect spot to do the track switch, and the guest would be paying attention to the Yedi, and might not even feel/notice the track changing.....what do you guys thinks?

ucf disneyfan

I agree with you X2CommNavISTC. That's what my theory has been all along. The only other way I see it happening is if it comes to a complete stop and then a section of the track does a 180. But I would think it would be more like the Maelstrom idea.

Mr. Magic

Well, I think that the trains, with each cart, will be able to spin around like an omnimover (almost.) just for the backwards part and then around to continue back to the station.
Just an idea:)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Mr. Magic
Well, I think that the trains, with each cart, will be able to spin around like an omnimover (almost.) just for the backwards part and then around to continue back to the station.

In other words, the same layout as the cars in Spaceship Earth...

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Mr. Magic

That seems like it would be the most efficient and logical way to do it. Regardless, I keep wondering how they're going to fit going backwards into the story. Most trains that I know of don't suddenly switch tracks and go backward, or spin around or anything like that. Any thoughts on how they're going to work it in? I know someone suggested that we're trying to escape the yeti, but it's not like we (the passengers) would have much control over that. After all, we're on a frickin' TRAIN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom