everest on the 7th april

imagineerfan

On July 17th, 2005, Disney did a tremendous job making the event easily accessible to the media and extremely memorable for the guests. Of course they had a special section of the hub roped off for the media and special personel, but they still allowed the many excited guests witness the historic event as well. That day (and the night before) could have been a complete nightmare and disaster, but Disney went above and beyond to make it a smooth experience that I will never forget. I'm not sure what else the media got special access to that day, but I definitely felt apart of the celebration with my golden ears and free cupcake that they gave out that day. :sohappy:

Dan

wdhatter

Just so everyone knows...

The main reason why Guests will not be allowed into the Everest Serka Zong village on the morning of April 7th for the Dedication Ceremony is because of safety concerns for overcrowding. For anyone who has been to Everest, you will know that there is NO large audience holding location (similar to the Castle Stage Hub area) to view anything. In fact, the majority of the press aren't even going to be able to witness the actual event live due to this reason. There will be large video screens set up for them to see it. Due to the Castle Hub, that's why so many Guests were able to see the 50th event and SGE event.

So don't feel bad because even a lot of the press aren't going to be able to see it live.

Also from what I've heard, Everest will open to Guests on the 7th later in the afternoon once they are able to clear out the press and some of the stages that will be blocking sidewalks.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but even if they did a separate ceremony for Guests, the vast majority would still not be able to see anything due to the layout of this area of the park.

Sorry.

imagineersrock

wdhatter said:
Just so everyone knows...

The main reason why Guests will not be allowed into the Everest Serka Zong village on the morning of April 7th for the Dedication Ceremony is because of safety concerns for overcrowding. For anyone who has been to Everest, you will know that there is NO large audience holding location (similar to the Castle Stage Hub area) to view anything. In fact, the majority of the press aren't even going to be able to witness the actual event live due to this reason. There will be large video screens set up for them to see it. Due to the Castle Hub, that's why so many Guests were able to see the 50th event and SGE event.

So don't feel bad because even a lot of the press aren't going to be able to see it live.

Also from what I've heard, Everest will open to Guests on the 7th later in the afternoon once they are able to clear out the press and some of the stages that will be blocking sidewalks.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but even if they did a separate ceremony for Guests, the vast majority would still not be able to see anything due to the layout of this area of the park.

Sorry.
Thanks for that info, and glad to hear the origional news I heard was true regarding Everest opening up to guests later in the day on the 7th.

HAHAHA, I went to MGM on May 5th and watched the "first" LMA show. I still have the AP pin and the 5/5/05 LMA pin. I did this because a CM told me that there wasn't a public event at MK. I saw the small tents being set up on the 4th while it was raining but nothing that looked like they were preparing some big event. So I listened when a cast member told me nothing was going on. I didn't know you guys were so against public events, I wouldn't have said anything.

Jheyman

calm down

Enderikari said:
No... No.... No... Disney's appropriate response should be..

"We're sorry that you are ungrateful that we built a hundred million dollar attraction for you to enjoy. We have had the attraction open for months before the attraction's grand opening, which is, within our rights, a press-only event. There are celebratory pins available, but nobody is holding a gun to your head to purchase them. We hope that you continue to enjoy the multiple millions of dollars we spend to make you happier. Oh, almost forgot, have a magical day."

I don't think anyone here was saying that Disney doenst have the right or was wrong to do anything they are doing in reference to opening EE. All I think the people are saying is once in a while and ordinary WDW guest would like the opertunity to be a part of something big. I am sure that you have been able to attend some of these events and therefore do not perhaps see what people are saying. I personally dont see why WDW wouldn't want to do a big public opening as well. This could only attract more guests as well as a big media event. Give the media something to publize by saying on the 10th lets say there will be a grand public opening and have a park wide party or something.

And lets not be so silly here the WDC does not spend millions of dollars a day JUST to make guest happy lets not forget how much of that they MAKE $$$ in a day.

Hmmm...

I pray that Everest opens in the afternoon on April 7th.

I'm flying to Orlando early from California to make a special trip to WDW to ride Everest before my family's cruise. The days we're going to be there are April 6th and 7th. I understand and predicted that Everest would be closed on the 6th due to media events, and since it is not officially open at that date, I have no reason to argue. But the thing that makes me really angry is that they advertised Everest opening on April 7th, and then they won't have it open on that day. Why not just advertise the opening for April 8th if it's not gonna be open on April 7th? This whole situation would be like if they advertised the 50th celebration for DL on May 4th, the day that the park is closed.

I hope they take the route that they did with Space Mountain at DL a couple months back. Only have it closed for a couple hours in the morning, and then open it up for the general public in the afternoon. I don't mind not being able to actually see the ribbon cutting, and it's definately more important to have the media there than a bunch of random Joes. But if you want to give the media more time to promote, have the ride closed on a Wednesday, April 5th, than closing it down the whole day on April 7th.....

wannab@dis

DisneyDellsDude said:
So are we going to see anything on ABC or a different channel on the 7th?
According to http://www.wdwmagic.com/rehabs.htm

* TV Show - Expedition Everest: Journey to Sacred Lands
Sunday April 09, 2006 from 8:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST, Channel - Travel Channel

* TV Show - Building a Thrill Ride: Expedition Everest
April 10 at 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM EST - The Science Channel and Wednesday April 12, 2006 from 8:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST, Channel - Discovery Channel

wannab@dis

DisneyDellsDude said:
But anything on the news or something that day?

BTW, that was a quick reply!!:wave:
I don't know about the news. It's possible, but more than likely any stories would be posted here before the news even comes on. :lol:

CaptainMichael

wannab@dis said:
I don't know about the news. It's possible, but more than likely any stories would be posted here before the news even comes on. :lol:
It's gonna be hard to focus in class while I madly press the refresh button on my laptop.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom