Everest Itinerary

tkdmom

We are returning to WDW in mid-August and would like to experience Mt. Everest in the AK. We plan on purchasing tickets with the park-hopper option, but will only be at Disney parks two days. (We are finally going to spend time at Universal.)

What I am planning is to visit MK first thing, stay 'til 12:30 or so and go back to OKW for rest. Go to AK for about 5:00 p.m. to ride Everest (we'll have to switch off for three year old), then return to MK for evening festivites. We are using a car to get around.

My husband says this is insane and there must be another way. We are taking the next day off, then going to Epcot and MGM the following. We are not huge fans of the AK.

Does anyone have a better idea for just the one ride? I want to do MK in the a.m. because my 3 yr. old does Fantasyland and that gets crazy if not done first thing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

angelfaerie52

I'm not sure what the AK park hours are for August, but I am assuming you checked that... if so, 5 PM is near closing and you will probably not be able to get a fast pass for EE.

If you do not want to go at opening on either of the two days (which would get the ride done very quickly), I would go at the end of the day, but expect to wait in the line for awhile... Good luck, the ride is worth it, and if you can stay at AK until closing, you'll be able to ride a bunch of times in a row, or at least I was in mid May!

Upvote 0

Adreamisawish

Do AK and EE first thing since you are doing it for you and not your child. Then do MK.

That is what we did with our autistic daughter who only cares about MK and Fantasyland and has the mind capabilities of a three year old. We were able to explain things to her and she was fine with it just knowing that Fantasyland was yet to come. It worked perfectly for us.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

From Sunday August 6th through to Saturday August 19th Animal Kingdom closes at 6pm (posted times - not allowing for EMH). I would suggest that the chances of getting a Fast Pass after 12 noon would be practically impossible.

The only way is to go to AK for park opening, ride EE and then go to MK.

Upvote 0

tkdmom

Original Poster
Thanks to all who responded!

You are right. We'll hit AK first then do MK as planned. I believe it's an early entry for AK that day, so perhaps we can get out of there by 9:00 and hit MK around 9:30.

Thanks again!:kiss:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom