Everest Attraction and Merchandise Reviews.

fundesign

True review

I think DonnieDarko has posted the most accurate, or at least the closest to my opinion, review thus far. The elaborate exterior not whithstanding, this is plain and simple a family coaster with a couple of old effects and an animatronic. Not much more than Thunder Mountain. Not a bad ride mind you, but certainly nothing groundbreaking in my opinion.

Montu

DonnieDarko said:
Well the ride isn't terrible, but it isn't that good either. At least it's fun and has good re-rideability. It has what looks and feels like a re dressed Kali queue. It immediatly starts doing coaster swoops which hinders the fact that you are on a train. The lift and view are nice. The bird figure at the top is pretty lame. The backwards section is nice but the fact that daylight can illumiate the walls to show that they were too cheap to make the interioir of the mountain look like a mountain and not a warehouse with structural support beams is pretty embarrasing. The Yeti shadow is silly and the scale is all wrong as he must be standing on a toy train track. The big drop is nice but it isn't 90ft. and it's a tad shaky. The Yeti AA is not too impressive and I think the fact that the hair all over him is constantly jiggling is making people think he is moving really fast when he is just raising and lowering his hand. All in all a fun but dissapointing contender to the Matterhorns icy throne.

Thank you for posting the internets first REAL Expedition Everest ride report. It's good that people can cut through all the hype and give a real review.

basas

Montu said:
Thank you for posting the internets first REAL Expedition Everest ride report. It's good that people can cut through all the hype and give a real review.

I suppose only reviews that are in line with your own opinion are considered 'real'?

CrashNet

OmegaKnight said:
So since I absolutely loved the ride, my review won't count because it doesn't come in line with your own?
Exactly...a "real" review is only a review to you if it follows your opinion. Am I getting that right, or am I wrong like everyone else here?

What's so funny is this happens everytime, with every new ride ever constructed at Disney. You have the lovers, likers, dislikers, and ones who can't stand it from the day its announced till the day it becomes just another ride at Disney and the increased talking over the new attraction levels off. I saw it on here with Stitch, Soarin', and every other ride thats been opened since I've been a member. Can't wait to see what Disney thinks of next. :)

DonnieDarko

Before everyone gets defensive let us remember that I liked the ride. Went on it 7 times in a row. I just pointed out it's shortcomings and gave my honest opinion about it. You folks can love it all you want as did I but that doesn't change the fact that all of the problems I stated in my review were true(the cheap interior, scale errors, etc.). So no attacking me for not liking the ride cause I did but i've been on enough Disney rides around the world for 15 years to know when they cut corners or do enough to get by.

basas

DonnieDarko said:
Before everyone gets defensive let us remember that I liked the ride. Went on it 7 times in a row. I just pointed out it's shortcomings and gave my honest opinion about it. You folks can love it all you want as did I but that doesn't change the fact that all of the problems I stated in my review were true(the cheap interior, scale errors, etc.). So no attacking me for not liking the ride cause I did but i've been on enough Disney rides around the world for 15 years to know when they cut corners or do enough to get by.

It's not your review that was the problem. I find it informing and naturally expect to get all kinds of reviews (good, medicere, bad, horrible, whatever). The problem was Montu's response that your review was the first "real" review (he agreed with you), and by saying this dismissing all the other review's we've seen as 'wrong' (as if apparently those people are too dumb and un-educated to realize this is a poor attraction). Thanks for the review though! Always nice to hear things from different sides!

CrashNet

DonnieDarko said:
Oh no attack here. My previous post just stems from repetitive remarks Montu has made towards anyone with a remotely positive review.

I actually like your review. Granted it was a little too negative for my taste because my personnal opinion of the ride tends to disregard some of what you said, but its still your honest opinion, which I respect. For example, from the time we knew a new mountain was going to be constructed, I knew this wasn't going to be the thrill ride to end all thrill rides. Remember Disney develops the story first before the ride is even thought about.

Now one thing I will agree on: the interior. I saw a couple snapshots people took with a flash while riding...you can see the dang beams everywhere. I was a little surprised with that one, and hopefully some adjustments will be made to that. That is was cast previews are for: to get an idea of what people are thinking and make changes...might be a little large scale of a change, but we'll see.

Just curious...anyone figure out yet where the on-ride photo will be taken? Is it right up there with the falcon when the car starts going backwards, or at the yeti?

Legacy

DonnieDarko said:
Well the ride isn't terrible, but it isn't that good either. At least it's fun and has good re-rideability. It has what looks and feels like a re dressed Kali queue. It immediatly starts doing coaster swoops which hinders the fact that you are on a train. The lift and view are nice. The bird figure at the top is pretty lame. The backwards section is nice but the fact that daylight can illumiate the walls to show that they were too cheap to make the interioir of the mountain look like a mountain and not a warehouse with structural support beams is pretty embarrasing. The Yeti shadow is silly and the scale is all wrong as he must be standing on a toy train track. The big drop is nice but it isn't 90ft. and it's a tad shaky. The Yeti AA is not too impressive and I think the fact that the hair all over him is constantly jiggling is making people think he is moving really fast when he is just raising and lowering his hand. All in all a fun but dissapointing contender to the Matterhorns icy throne.
See, this is what I wanted to hear. I don't want to hear, "The ride is the best ever!" because even if it was true I would still just strike it as fanatical fan-boyism, until I could ride it myself. Thank you for actually providing a review that doesn't seem to stem from some obsession but from an actual, realized fact-based opinion.

Thank you. I don't see you post a lot, but I really enjoy reading your posts.

ISTCrew20

I'm not thinking much will change from now 'til then, but the ride does have it's grand opening in April. Some things may be changed. If nothing else, I hope something is done with that bird.

DonnieDarko

Last thing I forgot, the CM's denying people access to the attraction area were telling guests that the ride would be open in three weeks. Another woman told me this too and I found out a few minutes later that she was the Animal Kingdom park president so I guess Everest will follow in the footsteps of Mission Space and unnofficially open months earlier than expected.

Montu

Legacy said:
See, this is what I wanted to hear. I don't want to hear, "The ride is the best ever!" because even if it was true I would still just strike it as fanatical fan-boyism, until I could ride it myself. Thank you for actually providing a review that doesn't seem to stem from some obsession but from an actual, realized fact-based opinion.

Thank you. I don't see you post a lot, but I really enjoy reading your posts.

Congratulations ladies and gentlemen - somebody GETS it. And though it's obviously not a word- you sum it up PERFECTLY - "fanatical fan-boyism". I applaud you.

The problem isn't that you kiddies LIKE Everest. The problem is that you think Everest is the greatest thing to come to WDW. Before Everest, you thought Soarin' was the greatest thing to come to WDW. Before Soarin' you thought Mission: SPACE was the greatest thing to come to WDW.

Notice the trend? WHATEVER the new big major attraction is instantly becomes amazing, because it's new. This, ladies and gentlemen, is PRECISELY what "fanatical fan-boyism" is.

Legacy

Montu said:
Congratulations ladies and gentlemen - somebody GETS it. And though it's obviously not a word- you sum it up PERFECTLY - "fanatical fan-boyism". I applaud you.

The problem isn't that you kiddies LIKE Everest. The problem is that you think Everest is the greatest thing to come to WDW. Before Everest, you thought Soarin' was the greatest thing to come to WDW. Before Soarin' you thought Mission: SPACE was the greatest thing to come to WDW.

Notice the trend? WHATEVER the new big major attraction is instantly becomes amazing, because it's new. This, ladies and gentlemen, is PRECISELY what "fanatical fan-boyism" is.
And that is also why I try to stay in the PML as much as I can. But I've been feeling a bit antsy recently.

basas

Montu said:

You know what: I really think most of us are old and intelligent enough to make up our own minds and opinions on attractions. That is all I will say at this point.

Montu

jmuboy said:
Is the interior of the ride really a bare warehouse like Matterhorn was originally?

Yeah - I just mentioned this to Taylor earlier. My theory is that in 19 years, Everest will have themed tunnels.

I can't wait for 2025!!! I'm planning my trip now! We are going to stay at DISNEY'S PARADISE PIER HOTEL and eat every night at the Adventurers Club I can't wait look for a count down in every one of my posts for the next 19 years.

Brent

True BUT!!!

peter11435 said:
Well he listed them at only $5.99. It was others who bid it up to $129.50 when they could just by them from WDW mail order.
The person listed them as being CM patches therefore this pushed up the bidding hense he should be in big trouble for lieing about what they are.
(off to report him)
OK I checked out his auction again & I can't report him because he really didn't lie about them but was VERY MISLEADING!!!! oh well some people will do anything to make a $ won't they:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom