Everest Attraction and Merchandise Reviews.

Soarinluvr

Original Poster
Hey guys Just got home from the Cast Previews and i have to tell u this is the kewlest ride on property now. ( I may have to change my sceenname.) Lets start at the que line. This is one place i wouldnt mind waiting in line. The attention to detail is overwhelming, you really feel like your there. The Yeti muesum is very well done and even have a few pics of the Yeti in the ride on the wall made to look like the pic was taken as people were being attacked. I rode the ride 4 times and the best seats have to be the Back because of the airtime on the hills and the front because of the view. When u come to the torn tracks b4 u go backwards there is a great view of Epcot, and MGM area if your in the front of the train and an interesting thing while you are waiting to go backwards there is a fake Hawk going up and down on the left side makes u feel like your higher than u are.
Now on to the merchandise. The selection is amazing everything from a great amount of shirts, toys, kiddy climbing gear, great looking snow globes that light up, picture framesand some unusual things like binoculars that have a yeti face on them. They will also be taking your picture on the ride im guess when u pass by the Yeti. So all in all I think this will bring some new life into AK. I asked a manager about the opening date and he said it would be in early April with some possible soft opening in late Feb.

Hope you guys ejoyed the review.

Simba1

I agree. Just got back from Cast Previews and it was pretty amazing. Best roller coaster I've ever been on. The yeti is amazing and the sensation you feel going backwards is indescribable. I rode it three times with a bunch of friends and started to feel slightly sick after the third time. But I can't wait to go back and do it again. It's back to work at the Haunted Mansion tomorrow, so come visit.

DS456

You might want to pick up the "I screamed like a little girl" T-shirts as they will be discontinued for being politically incorrect.

Everest was.... good. Im not gonna say it was awesome or the best attraction on property. Im just gonna say it was good. I think maybe there has been a little to much hype going around it. There are a few things that Id like to see added that may enhance the attraction a little bit more. As you stop at the mangled track maybe and audio saying "sorry guys this isnt what we were expecting. Were gonna bring u back down. Something has gone wrong." Also at that point if you look behind you, you can see the track switch which is sweet and a great piece of engineering. A little audio track that could be put in throughout the cave would be good too. There might be but everybody is screaming in there and you cant really hear a thing.

The queue: I think that all the great artifacts are gonna be killed. There are alot of things that can easily be torn down. Also for anybody that did ride it... did you see the typo.

The story: You have to dig deep for the story. Now as members of this forum we all basically know the story. As a regular guest going in there you kinda need to search for the story. I think some nariration in the queue would be great. something similar to like a kilamanjaro safari queue.

All in all I think disney is hitting what disney hits. Its a semi-thrilling attraction with a family appeal. Thats what disney shoots for, thats what they got. Its not a rollercoaster enthusiast thrill ride that is gonna make you wet yourself.

Merchandise has a great selection of stuff. I got a shirt with the concept art on it. They also have other logos and such. Only one pin at this time and it has nothing about opening year or anything. I believe the AP/DVC will get one that says opening or something similar to it. There will be photos also. The camera has been installed yet but there is a place to purchase the photos. Their was a place that you might thing they would have the tv's set up but I was not able to confirm anything

peter11435

Mickeyman819 said:
As you stop at the mangled track maybe and audio saying "sorry guys this isnt what we were expecting. Were gonna bring u back down. Something has gone wrong." Also at that point if you look behind you, you can see the track switch which is sweet and a great piece of engineering.

I don't mean to sound rude. But to be honest I don't like that idea at all.

CoffeeJedi

peter11435 said:
yeah, its a little too "Dinosaur-esque" to have constant radio chatter, i like the lonely desolation a little more

peter11435 said:

Thats cool. Forums are everybodys opinions. I just think that something like that, maybe not necesarily those exact words, would enhance the story of the ride.

EpcotServo

Montu said:
Yeah, you have to understand, "peter" is an expert. It takes a lot to impress someone with as much real-world experience as he (likes to think he) has. :brick:
Alright, you don't like new rides. we get it! good for you. I mean, it's sad. Anytime I begin to consider what you're talking about, you drown it out with stupid remarks like that. So far the only person on this forum who acts like an expert is you.

orlandorealtor

I think the great thing about the story is that it's layered. It's as deep or as shallow as you want it to be. You can't have a huge complicated story for a 3 minute thrill ride. In that respect the simple train to Everest...Yeti doesn't like it theme applies. For those that pay more attention to the que .. and look for more of a story...they'll find the extra elements. I think it's a really great story in that respect. I don't think anyone is going to leave the ride confused...even if they just get the basic elements of what is going on. And maybe as they ride more, they'll catch extra little pieces of the story along the way.

It's like riding the classic Disney rides for the 400th time...somehow there is always something that you missed...an element of the story...or something on the ride.

EpcotServo

orlandorealtor said:
I think the great thing about the story is that it's layered. It's as in deep or as shallow as you want it to be.
Very true. many great Disney rides are like that. Like, Haunted Mansion. HM could be a simple watch the scenes ride, or a long story. It all depends on how much you put into it.

SewIn2Disney

Mickeyman819 said:
The queue: I think that all the great artifacts are gonna be killed. There are alot of things that can easily be torn down. Also for anybody that did ride it... did you see the typo.

Okay, so you can't leave us like that....what was the typo? And please keep in mind that some of us might not get down there for some time now, so please tell us.

(And if anyone could capture a picture...that would be great! Kind of like Space Mountain was out of this "would")

OmegaKnight

Its awesome see everyone praising our merchandise along with the ride. It is true that our photo system isn't currently installed and it won't be during previews next week either but you can see where its going to be.

EpcotServo

OmegaKnight said:
Its awesome see everyone praising our merchandise along with the ride. It is true that our photo system isn't currently installed and it won't be during previews next week either but you can see where its going to be.
Yea, from what I can see, the On-ride photo areas look well designed.:) I just wonder where they'll take the picture. I'm guessing right before the big drop.

Tim G

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Montu
Yeah, you have to understand, "peter" is an expert.
It takes a lot to impress someone with as much real-world experience as he (likes to think he) has. :brick:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's almost offending... Please keep it nice, it makes no sense to make such remarks...

Simba1

The typo was that the word "species" was spelled "speices". Someone had already come along and circled it in bright orange marker and crossed it out. There were also places along the queue where it was clear the signage hadn't come in yet. I'm sure it will all be ready to go by the Grand Opening.

missionspace

Speking about merchandise, over at e-bay someone is bidding $112.00 for patches that are sold in the shop for $8.00! They are not cast patches because non of the say staff or cast.

EpcotServo

missionspace said:
Speking about merchandise, over at e-bay someone is bidding $112.00 for patches that are sold in the shop for $8.00! They are not cast patches because non of the say staff or cast.
:eek: I got those same patchs for $8!:eek: That guy's a scam artist!

peter11435

EpcotServo said:
:eek: I got those same patchs for $8!:eek: That guy's a scam artist!
Well he listed them at only $5.99. It was others who bid it up to $129.50 when they could just by them from WDW mail order.

DonnieDarko

Well the ride isn't terrible, but it isn't that good either. At least it's fun and has good re-rideability. It has what looks and feels like a re dressed Kali queue. It immediatly starts doing coaster swoops which hinders the fact that you are on a train. The lift and view are nice. The bird figure at the top is pretty lame. The backwards section is nice but the fact that daylight can illumiate the walls to show that they were too cheap to make the interioir of the mountain look like a mountain and not a warehouse with structural support beams is pretty embarrasing. The Yeti shadow is silly and the scale is all wrong as he must be standing on a toy train track. The big drop is nice but it isn't 90ft. and it's a tad shaky. The Yeti AA is not too impressive and I think the fact that the hair all over him is constantly jiggling is making people think he is moving really fast when he is just raising and lowering his hand. All in all a fun but dissapointing contender to the Matterhorns icy throne.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom