Everest Aerial Satellite Photo

orlandorealtor

Original Poster
Someone recently, and I cant find it, posted a fairly updated and clear satellite image showing Everest and the new Western Way. I can't seem to find a mapping site that shows an updated photo of Animal Kingdom, let alone one with Everest. Does anyone recall this and can point me to the thread or the program used.

Thanks!

bcampione

A neat way for you to look at WDW from above ground is with the Google Earth program. Last time I was on it only Animal Kingdom was not very clear, but that may have changed since I was on last.

Goodluck with the search!:wave:

orlandorealtor

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I also use google earth. It seems that the pictures havent been updated for AK recently. The line between the newer images and older cut right through The American Adventure and leave AK and that half of the property completely out.

MeTa

I like google earth, but on the free version it will only allow you to see certain areas of disney like the MK and Epcot. It wont allow Typhoon or MGM or Animal. It just shows up blurry.

MeTa

Oh that stinks, I thought that was the reason there were blurry spots. I wonder why they didn't capture certain areas of the globe?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ill say this... if you didnt know what you were looking at, it would look like a big ole' pile of dirt.

secondly, it is great to go back and forth between 2001 and 2005. nice.

CAPTAIN HOOK

MeTa said:
I like google earth, but on the free version it will only allow you to see certain areas of disney like the MK and Epcot. It wont allow Typhoon or MGM or Animal. It just shows up blurry.
Censorship or program errors ??

CoasterJunkie

The reason some areas are blurry on Google Earth is because of when the picture was taken, how it was taken, and what took it. The clear areas of WDW were taken by, what I'm assuming, is a newer satellite with more advanced cameras. So it either couldn't take a picture of other areas (cloud cover, orbit), or the images are still being processed for uploading into Google Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom