Everest & 20k pics - 9/15/04. NOT 56K friendly (and special surprises :D )

mkfan23

Nice pics. Check out hidden Mickey in the puddle next to the rhino. Boy, they really do go out of the way trying to hide those things huh? :lol:

Snapper Bean

Anybody have any knowledge regarding the time length of the Everest coaster? I'm not an expert at these things but there doesn't seem to be alot of track in the mountain itself. Will it be longer than R'n'R coaster? BTMRR? The Mummy?

Snapper Bean

PhilharMagician

mkfan23 said:
Nice pics. Check out hidden Mickey in the puddle next to the rhino. Boy, they really do go out of the way trying to hide those things huh? :lol:

That's awesome! I just had to go back and look at the picture. I must have been looking at that nice a$$ and missed the hidden mickey. :lol:

What is going on here anyway! Last week was all the talk about goats and now this Rhino pic. :confused: :eek: :lol:

SNS

Horizons78 said:
:( I know it's been said by more than one member on the boards - but I have to say again that there are a good deal of memories under that dirt at 20k, very sad.:( - I hate to see the show building go but thats all part of it of course......Oh well.

I agree that it's sad, they should have built a new attraction around the lagoon (like a new water attraction) instead of completely replacing it (or at least they should have waited until they actually had any plans for an attraction).

BTW, how was the problem solved with the danger of the walls collapsing if the water was removed? I know that problem was real because it was stated by many reliable sources.

DarkMeasures

SNS said:
I agree that it's sad, they should have built a new attraction around the lagoon (like a new water attraction) instead of completely replacing it (or at least they should have waited until they actually had any plans for an attraction).

BTW, how was the problem solved with the danger of the walls collapsing if the water was removed? I know that problem was real because it was stated by many reliable sources.

A disagree. 20K should have been demolished the day it was announced to be closed forever if not earlier. (several years between ride being closed, and the closed announcement).

Anyway, attractions should not sit empty for 10 years because that is bad show. Instead, once they close, demolition should happen right away unless current plans call for the show building to be kept intact. (as in Mission Space though the Horizons building was demolished anyway due to certain unpleasing conditions).

SNS

Bad show? I doubt most guests even realized that used to be a ride & besides, the Tomorrowland Skyway building looks worst (especially since they let it rust).

Bairstow

Agreed. The lagoon itself wasn't a bad show at all. What was bad show about a crystal clear lagoon filled with bright tropical coral and surrounded by volcanic rock? I agree that the loading dock should have been removed, since it was boarded up, but the actual lagoon itself and the sub sitting out in the water was always pleasant to look at. I was never a fan of the Triton statue, though.

imagineer99

Bairstow said:
Agreed. The lagoon itself wasn't a bad show at all. What was bad show about a crystal clear lagoon filled with bright tropical coral and surrounded by volcanic rock?.

The Beer cans at the bottom? The rusty track? :lookaroun

Thanks for the pics, Rob.

Everest looks SUH-WEET!

Mickeyrulz

I wouldn't go so far to say it was bad show. Maybe the track could've been removed. But the lagoon and cave were very pretty scenery. I think it looked better than any landscaping project could ever make it look.

And now it will be stupid to put something related to water there. Also Ariel's Grotto is gonna look weird next to a dirt pit.

imagineer99

Mickeyrulz said:
And now it will be stupid to put something related to water there. Also Ariel's Grotto is gonna look weird next to a dirt pit.

To be fair, the area won't just be some "dirt pile." It should be nicely landscaped when all is said and done.

Mickeyrulz

I know it won't be a dirt pile. They will put pretty landscape & gardens. But I'm just saying it can't possibly beat how pretty the lagoon was.

Donfan

Great pictures. Neat Stuff.

As far as red dirt in Florida, I know I have seen a lot of that red dirt up in the Fort Walton Beach area when they start construction around there. But that may be more like Georgia or Alabama in terms of soil types than the Florida peninsula is.

Love that swooping rail off of Everest. :sohappy:

TheDisneyGirl02

Great pictures! Too bad they are tearing down the show building...wonder if the area backstage where the subs used to be repaired is still full of water? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

TheDisneyGirl02

Jabarr

Hey It is good to see a Tech fan on this site! That Clemson game was the best and N.C. should make us 3-0! GO TECH!!!
Hey these pics are great cant wait to see it all in person on Nov. 27!!

Atta83

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Great pictures! Too bad they are tearing down the show building...wonder if the area backstage where the subs used to be repaired is still full of water? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

TheDisneyGirl02

Nope no water there, it was connected with the lagoon so it was drained as well.

raven

What did they ever do with the show building for the 20K attraction at DisneyLAND? The show building there is underground and Autopia, Peoplemover and the Monorail was ontop of it. :veryconfu

TheDisneyGirl02

Atta83 said:
Nope no water there, it was connected with the lagoon so it was drained as well.
That's sad...I figured as much though. I used to love walking by there on the way up to Toon Town and seeing ducks swimming!

TheDisneyGirl02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom