Everest & 20k pics - 9/15/04. NOT 56K friendly (and special surprises :D )

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
hey hey hey... went to the parks today.. and saw some things I liked and others I didn't...

Everest
dscn1606_0075_std.jpg

dscn1603_0072_std.jpg

dscn1536_0009_std.jpg

<hr>

20k (my sources have told me that demolition of the show building began yesterday)
dscn1615_0084_std.jpg

dscn1616_0085_std.jpg

dscn1617_0086_std.jpg

dscn1624_0093_std.jpg

<hr>
Special Surprises

The area where they're training drivers for the upcoming Motors Stunt Show
dscn1630_0099_std.jpg

A rhino's butt
dscn1576_0049_std.jpg

for the rest of the pics, go to http://www.mkt3000.com/pics/disney_9-15-04/

WDWScottieBoy

Rob those are all excellent pictures as always. I've got a couple questions though...why is there the red dirt added to 20k? I know that there is a lot of red dirt in the south, but is there a reason why they are putting some there?

Also, I see a lot of Caterpillar (CAT) equipment used for the construction/deconstruction going on throughout the WDWR. My father is a very high up exec for Cat and I was wanting to know if they have any special contracts with them that they use so much of their equipment. I'd ask him, but he's always away on business trips and when he's home, it seems like I'm always out.

Thanks again for everything!

Lynx04

Nice pics, specially of the rino's butt. Look at that sexy thing. ;) I wonder, what are the braces under the everest track that comes out of the mountian for. I remember some saying that they were going to theme the track with wood ties like on BTMR. Is this what that is for?

MissM

Generally you see that red clay dirt in Georgia. It's not really Florida-native dirt. Though lately, for some reason, I see it ALL THE TIME in construction projects down here. Like on I-4 they had piles of it. Our dirt is really...well, sand basically, not like the cool red you get when you get into GA. (And possibly northern Florida, though not here in Central Florida.)

And.......woah! A lot has happened in, what, two days? More great photos as always Rob! You're the best.

Ironically, Love and I almost went to MK today. He called in from work and only two things stopped us. 1) The car is on it's last legs and we didn't know if it could make it to Orlando and back and 2) We are kind of broke and didn't really want to have to spend $100 to get in the door when we're trying to save up to renew our passes.

Man, I wanted to go though. It's been months now!
-m

DigitalDisney

WDWScottieBoy said:
Rob those are all excellent pictures as always. I've got a couple questions though...why is there the red dirt added to 20k? I know that there is a lot of red dirt in the south, but is there a reason why they are putting some there?

Also, I see a lot of Caterpillar (CAT) equipment used for the construction/deconstruction going on throughout the WDWR. My father is a very high up exec for Cat and I was wanting to know if they have any special contracts with them that they use so much of their equipment. I'd ask him, but he's always away on business trips and when he's home, it seems like I'm always out.

Thanks again for everything!
I imagine Disney and CAT have a contract or agreement of some sort going on. Remember that CAT used to be the main sponsor of the farm area over at DCA.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
:( I know it's been said by more than one member on the boards - but I have to say again that there are a good deal of memories under that dirt at 20k, very sad.:( - I hate to see the show building go but thats all part of it of course......Oh well.

TURKEY

Wouldn't it be over that dirt? Or was the dirt brought in and placed over the bottom of the lagoon or was the lagoon ripped up entirely?

They've made good progress since the 14th. The entry/exit work was done, but there is now a 3rd hole in the show building.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Scott,

I believe WDW is using whatever equipment the rental companies provide. I know I've seen some Komatsu stuff out there as well

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
TURKEY said:
Wouldn't it be over that dirt? Or was the dirt brought in and placed over the bottom of the lagoon or was the lagoon ripped up entirely?
Over - Under - Equal to the current level.....lol

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the great pics Rob!

It is amazing the change that has happened in the past week @ 20K. By the time I get there in early December it should be a full fledged Meet & Greet. :hammer: :rolleyes:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for the Rhino butt Rob, its a nice change of pace from some of the horses a**es that have been prevalent as of late...oh yea, the other pictures are good too!

Lauriebar

Thanks for the update mkt!!! I'm really starting to get excited about seeing all the new things going on at the parks when we are there in Oct. Until then updates keep WDW in our minds and hearts!! Oh yeah...thanks for the rhino butt picture, I've always wanted one.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom