Ever visit WDW alone?

JuicyJessie

I visit the parks solo on my days off when all my fellow CM friends are all disneyed out. I love being able to go at my own pace, ride all the rides I want to do and eat when and where I choose. Standing in lines for attractions are usually quite fun as I tend to get adopted by the family in front or behind me and you wouldn't believe how quickly time flies once you get chatting to complete strangers! :lol:

Dragonrider1227

don't think I could. I mean, I live in Rhode Island XD
But if the option were avalible, I don't think I would. I mean, it'd proboly get lonely and my folks would kill me knowing I went to WDW and didn't bring them XD

redsfan4life

Just another loaner here I have been going to disney my whole life 33 years sunday. My best trips have been my last 8 all alone during off season . 3 years ago i brought my mom and sister and neice loved the trip but as soon as we returned i was making my plans for the next sept. had to go back alone again. like alot of said your pace you decide when to get up when to return to the resort , when to eat where to eat. I am now worried that i have gotten so used to be in the world solo that i am going to fell held back when i go again in sept. on my honeymoon and added the fact she will be a disney virgin with a disney vet ( 20 visits ). i might have to give up my opening the early entry park or closing the extra hour park and then traveling to pleasure island . Goodbye getting out of bed at 600 am and returning to the resort at 3 am.

mouseman720

Wow I don't know doing disney Solo? I guess I could i mean like all of you have said, yes it must be fun to go at your own pace, ride the rides you want to, take the pics that you want to, eat where you want to. I mean I guess I could do it, but i feel that disney should be enjoyed with either your family or friends. Going there with a group of people is amazing, the best part is taking little kids who have never gone before and watching the smile they get across there face when they see mickey, minnie, or any of the other characters. Also when you all sit together for spectro magic, or any of those night shows, I feel they just bring everyone a little bit closer.

On the other hand, I guess I would love to do disney solo, there are so many thing that i know that I would want to do that ifI went down with a bunch of people I wouldn't be able to do it. for example, I would love to just sit and watch the animals in animal kingdom and not be rushed becasue someone wants to eat or some one has to go to the bathroom. Also I deffently would like to go around the world showcase and see every countrythat is there. I know when I go to Epcot with my family it is touch maybe three or the countries and that is it. At MGM just being able to see the shows that i want to see, and riding TOT and Rockin Roller coaster as many times as I want would be very fulfilling. The World being able to do the rides that I want and being able to stop and see whatever I want there and not be rushed around would be amazing.

I guess all in all I would be able to fly solo at disney, I just have never taken the chance or oprotunity to do so. now I am in a relationship of three years and i don't know if my partner would let me go down to disney by myself for a few days. Well maybe somday I will be able to look back at this post and say I finally got to fly solo and the Happiest place on earth, every single one of ours home away from home, The Magic Kingdom.

:king:

Agent1964fem

I've gone to MGM by myself....I went on the Rocking Roller Coaster by myself I made friends in line. Me personally I don't mind being by myself ...I work with the public.... sometimes its just good therapy.

Rob562

Everyone else has mentioned the benefits of a solo trip, and I agree with all of them. I've done 4 days alone in the parks when a friend could only make the trip for half the time I was going to be down there.

But something I'd like to suggest to everyone that does travel with others (as most of my trips are). Plan a "solo day"! My friends and I have done this on just about every one of our trips. We're not used to spending THAT much time together, so it keeps us sane.

About midway through the trip, we just have a day where each of us sets out on our own and does what we want to, all day long. We then usually meet up in the evening for dinner or some time at PI.

We also don't hesitate to split up toward the end of the evening if some are getting tired but others want to stay in the park longer.

(And put me down as another "confused for a CM". Perhaps it's because I'm more apt to randomly stopping and helping lost-looking guests when I'm alone. Probably because I notice them more when I'm not walking along talking with my friends) :)

-Rob

PurpleDragon

I've done WDW alone on a couple occasions. Back when my family all had APs, I would plan a weekend trip down there and if the wife didn't wanna go I was goin solo.

Its pretty fun, you can do whatever you want, you can hit your favorite rides anytime, and as many times as you want. You can see the parks at your own pace without someone else nagging you.

I had a few points where it wasn't as fun alone, like in the mornings eating breakfast alone at the resort wasn't fun, and in the evenings it was a bit lonely, but outside of that I had an absolute blast. As long as you keep yourself busy you will have a great time. :D

shoppingnut

I've done a few trips on my own and have always enjoyed them. I get up and go whenn and where I want, don't need to worry about what anyone else wants to do. I also have no problem eating on my own at sit down restaurants since I've done it many times before when travelling for business. It's definitely a nice break from being with people.

figmentmom

Absolutely - in fact, my annual birthday gift from my not-so-nuts-about-Disney husband was always a week at WDW by myself! (Last year, I worked there as a seasonal Cast Member - again, with his blessing! - and I will be there again this July! :sohappy: )

I have always felt very safe at WDW alone, and I enjoyed the freedom of being able to set my own itinerary.

Darwin

I think chillin in the park solo depends on the kind of person you are. Some love doing, some don't. I love to be with company at times because a big part of me is being a people person. The other side of me likes to be independent and would love going and doing things by myself because I can. I like to sit on bench and just soak in the environment. Call me crazy but with all the "magic" there or the positive emotions/feelings of hapiness/joy that people have there, you can just feel it sometimes by just sitting down and watching people. It's a lot of fun. :D

applelific

I have gone by myself twice and its kinda weird....you do have the freedom to do w/e you wanna do and you have a valid excuse to be in the singles line....i prefer to be with a group though.

SCRacerX70

I love the freedom of it, so yes!

Last year I was in Orlando for a 3 day trade show in early December and because I was late getting admission passes for it, I was "stuck" at the DTD Hilton for accomodations. So.. I took along my AP with me and enjoyed Epcot for three late afternoon/nights alone. I was able to ride Soarin' 6 times during those nights, and caught RoE each night too. It was truly fun not having to drag along the family, or wait for them, etc. and when I'd get a little lonely for them, I'd email a cameraphone pic and talk to them via DC (thanks, Nextel!). I met and talked with a lot of different people as well. After closing, it was a quick trip to Sosa's for a cigar and decompress... kind of a mini-vacation mixed with business.

10 days later, I was back at WDW with the family for our "official" Christmas vacation anyway. :xmas:

I already have my reservations for this December's trade show.... at DTD! :sohappy:

PineapplePrincess

alone

I've never gone alone, but when my husband & I went w/out our daughter we each did a "solo" day. I've always thought that if I ever vacation alone, that's where I'd go though. It's the place where I feel safe, and at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom