Ever Heard of Disney Character Warehouse?

DanStat

There was one in Myrtle Beach, SC, and I went everytime I went to the beach! BUT IT CLOSED! :cry: I was so mad! Where do I go to buy WDW stuff now? :lol:

NadieMasK2

I only remember it because I just went down there a couple weeks ago for the Jimmy Buffet concert

:sohappy: :sohappy: WooHoo!!!! A fellow parrothead!!!!

A store like this in the Midwest would be welcome!!

lamarvenoy

I bet those locations that are pretty busy have a great bottom line. The merchandise at the parks has ridiculous mark up and even with the "markdown" prices Disney still must be clearing a great margin, I would guess its even higher than most average retail buisness'.

General Grizz

As of two days ago, the BELZ OUTLET warehouse in St. Augustine had plenty of merchandise. I was lucky enough to pick up an Alien Encounter plush, keychain, mug, and pen. . . along with some other great items reduced in price.

i.e. a Cinderella Castle poster I've seen at the parks for $30 was marked down to $3.

Number_6

These sound like really cool stores!! I don't know if there are any in New England, but since I'm moving before the year is out, then it may not matter to me because I plan on moving to Orlando so I'll be right there. Hooray!:sohappy:

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by General Grizz

i.e. a Cinderella Castle poster I've seen at the parks for $30 was marked down to $3.

I've got that poster...it's so pretty. I spent $3 on it at the store. I have it framed and up in my room. I also bought the IASM attraction poster there, too....for a few dollars. :animwink:

lesm2425

hi have been to them before in orlando.
There is 2 in belts, 1 in florida mall,and one in designer out let area bottom of international drive next to dixie landigs.

not bad for price.

les m

ps try the universal studios store in belt first as they are cheap priced as well , i saw item in the park was £125 and was selling there for £30

les m

StevenT

Original Poster
*MichelleP* said:
Just a small update...The Character Warehouse at the Miromar Outlet Mall in Fort Myers is gone. :cry: Closed without a trace. :(
Have no fear, they just moved a few stores down. I also hear they are moving again once the next phase is done to a bigger store.

StevenT

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
I was just talking about these stores with a CM in my local Disney Store...did you know they are not owned by Disney (nor have any affiliation to the Disney Company)? They buy excess stock & discontinued items & sell them in the stores.
Really?! Because they have the Disney name tags, and I thought someone said (maybe on this thread) it was run by the same part of the company that runs the park merchandising.

*MichelleP*

StevenT said:
Have no fear, they just moved a few stores down. I also hear they are moving again once the next phase is done to a bigger store.

Thank goodness! :) I looked around a little bit hoping that was the case, but I didn't see anything, and there were no signs stating where they went to. I'll have to seek them out!

I can't imagine a bigger store! :sohappy: That might explain why the other store was so cold -- they didn't want to warm it up if they were moving soon. Maybe this one will be like the one at Sawgrass! :sohappy:

I was however, able to snag some awesome deals last weekend at the regular Disney store in the other (yuck! :hurl: ) mall. Embroidered t-shirts for DD for $3.99!

Edited to add: I don't recall seeing name tags at the Character Warehouse.

magicmom

I loved the one at Sawgrass Mills Mall! I used to live about 2 miles from there but now I am in Atlanta. Only Disney Stores here. Not the same! Character Premier was awsome and everytime I go back to Ft. Lauderdale I have to go there ASAP. I went for a weekend in April and went back to the store 3 times to get more stuff. Even had to buy an extra suitcase to bring all the stuff back with me!

There is a catalog outlet in Pigeon Forge, TN. My mom goes there quite a bit. They offer extra discounts for people who register in the system with them and they send her coupons for extra percentages off throughout the year. If you use your Disney credit card you automatically get an extra 10% off. They have some good deals but the Character shops in Orlando, Lake Buena Vista and Sawgrass Rock!

AKQJ10

(Lou typing as quickly as possible... so excited that he lives near Flemington and parents have condo near Ft. Myers!!)

I looked at the web site for the Flemington outlets mall and didn't see the Disney store. Is it still there?

Also, can anyone tell me exactly where the store in Ft. Myers is (heading down in a few weeks and want to "stock up" for my WDW trip in September!) :lol:

Thanks!!! :sohappy:

tiggerlover1971

StevenT said:
The one at Sawgrass Mills is "Disney Character Premier" I think it's the same thing though, from what I just read on a search of google.
yep its the same thing I go to the sawgrass all the time and this store I just love it

AKQJ10

tigsmom said:
The Flemington store (as well as many others have closed) :mad:

From what I can see most are located in Florida (closer to the supply, I guess).

NNNnnoooooooo!!!! (Any word on the Ft. Myers one? Maybe we could actually complie a list a post it here for everyone (since the Disney stores have next to nothing when it comes to adult merchandise)

mickeyislyf

Disney Character Warehouse and stores like it are owned by the Disney company. We are considered part of the Animal Kingdom but are really our own department. We are a liquidation for the parks not only in orlando but around the world. I work at the fort myers one and we are open in the area by aeropostal, pac sun, and puma. It's a smallish store still and used to be an athletic store.

pintraderpayee

I wish there were one near me:cry: The closest I get is the Disney Store in the Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge 5 hours away!!! Online is okay, but I like to touch things before I buy them:shrug:

Less than 3 months until we are ºoºrlando bound with 30 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom