Ever had a awkward encounter at Disney?

AdamNV87

Original Poster
Ever seen someone at the parks and it be a far from comfortable or casual experience? Here are some examples of what I mean.

You're a central Florida local, and you see your boss or one of your coworkers at the park on a day when one of you supposedly called in "sick" from work.
You're cheating on your significant other, and run into him or her at Disney while with your new fling. (That's just a example. I don't encourage this).
You come across a group of your "friends" partying at Disney Springs on a night when they supposedly couldn't hang out because they were "busy".
You come across someone you never would have thought in a million years you'd ever see at Disney.
You're a teacher, and one of your students got pulled out of school a day or two early before Spring Break because of a family or medical "emergency". Halfway through Spring Break, you see them at Disney.
You see that someone from your office who is always picking on others for going to Disney all the time.
You ARE that someone from the office who pretends to be "above" theme parks, and run into someone you've teased for it in the past.

Any fun stories of those types of chance encounters at the parks, that ended with a little nervous sweat forming under the collar?

cw1982

The last time I went to WDW, I was there with my (now) ex husband. We were meeting Ariel, and my ex told her that Eric was lucky. He had a girl who couldn't talk back for three whole days. Ariel looked at him like he was crazy, looked at me, squeezed my hand, and said, "Oh, honey. We need to find you a new prince."

Turns out, she was right... or at least I'm hoping to find a new "prince!" 😂😂😂

Much-Pixie-Dust

I am a teacher and I had one family find me at Disney World. I say find me because the family was screaming my name and told me they spent the week looking for me. The dad proceeds to tell me they planned their vacation for that week because they heard I always go to WDW the first week in June. It was awkward. We live over 1000 miles from Disney.

cw1982

I am a teacher and I had one family find me at Disney World. I say find me because the family was screaming my name and told me they spent the week looking for me. The dad proceeds to tell me they planned their vacation for that week because they heard I always go to WDW the first week in June. It was awkward. We live over 1000 miles from Disney.

I'm a teacher too. I. Would. Die. If that ever happened to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I had an awkward encounter with the Queen of Hearts at Disneyland once. ;)

AdamNV87

Original Poster
While I don't have any personal experiences that inspired this topic, what made me think of it was something that happened while in line for HM once. After leaving the stretching room, and in the queue area inside the mansion nearing the doombuggy boarding, I felt something kept touching my back as we were in line.

I look over my shoulder, and this girl was looking down, almost burying her head behind my back. When she looked up and realized I was glancing over my shoulder at what she was doing, she said "Oh sorry. That man ahead in yellow is my boss." I look over and see this man in a yellow windbreaker boarding the doombuggy as we were getting near.

I didn't say anything, but to this day have always been curious as to how that story unfolded or what led to it. Was she playing hooky from work? Did she simply just not want to see him? Was she embarrassed that he would find out she goes to Disney?

I never found out what that was all about, or if she and him ever crossed paths near the exit.

mf1972

about 7-8 years ago, my wife & i were in line at epcot for a photo in front of the fountain. a couple was posing for the photographer, but they weren’t in line. as we stood for our pic, the husband/bf (whoever he was) appeared annoyed & kept photobombing is.
when the photographer kindly asked him to step away, he accused us of cutting them off. the photographer told him they were never in line for a pic. if they want one they have to stand in the line (which she pointed too).
the couple just stormed off & continued to say we cut them off. hope they had a magical day 😜

cw1982

My other awkward story happened on the same trip. We met Chip and Dale in Epcot. I hugged one of them, and then I went to hug the other... and my ex snapped a picture right as Dale appeared to be looking at my butt. I'm sure it was just the angle of the head of the costume, but that angle was dead on.

Ok, I think I have one that should make everybody laugh

Our family was on a group vacation to Disney World (grandparents, parents, and kids). We were at the haunted mansion. My mother (the grandmother), was singled out by a cast member in the stretching room. He kept doing little things that scared her. So she was a little nervous before we had to board our Doom Buggies. Well, she fell on the moving platform (I know that isn't funny).

The ride immediately shut down and a male cast member came to assist her in getting up. She was in such a frenzy, she grabbed his leg and then she grabbed him in a very private area 😯 to pull herself up. The cast members looked shocked, and we all burst out laughing. I will never forget the look on his face and my mother's face.

mf1972

Our family was on a group vacation to Disney World (grandparents, parents, and kids). We were at the haunted mansion. My mother (the grandmother), was singled out by a cast member in the stretching room. He kept doing little things that scared her. So she was a little nervous before we had to board our Doom Buggies. Well, she fell on the moving platform (I know that isn't funny).

The ride immediately shut down and a male cast member came to assist her in getting up. She was in such a frenzy, she grabbed his leg and then she grabbed him in a very private area 😯 to pull herself up. The cast members looked shocked, and we all burst out laughing. I will never forget the look on his face and my mother's face.
well that gives the bride decapitating her husband a possible run for her money

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

about 7-8 years ago, my wife & i were in line at epcot for a photo in front of the fountain. a couple was posing for the photographer, but they weren’t in line. as we stood for our pic, the husband/bf (whoever he was) appeared annoyed & kept photobombing is.
when the photographer kindly asked him to step away, he accused us of cutting them off. the photographer told him they were never in line for a pic. if they want one they have to stand in the line (which she pointed too).
the couple just stormed off & continued to say we cut them off. hope they had a magical day 😜
Had to have been Katiebug

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The last time I went to WDW, I was there with my (now) ex husband. We were meeting Ariel, and my ex told her that Eric was lucky. He had a girl who couldn't talk back for three whole days. Ariel looked at him like he was crazy, looked at me, squeezed my hand, and said, "Oh, honey. We need to find you a new prince."

Turns out, she was right... or at least I'm hoping to find a new "prince!" 😂😂😂
My other awkward story happened on the same trip. We met Chip and Dale in Epcot. I hugged one of them, and then I went to hug the other... and my ex snapped a picture right as Dale appeared to be looking at my butt. I'm sure it was just the angle of the head of the costume, but that angle was dead on.
you are about to get a lot of messages in your DM's today

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
I have something similar to what the OP gave as an example. During Food & Wine in 2014, I ran into someone from my hometown who was with another person from my hometown. That other person was not their spouse. White as ghosts when they saw me. I wasn't friends with either of them, but we had common friends. They eventually got divorces and are now in the open with their relationship, they may be married now, I don't know. I put them on my ignore list. This is a post where you expect zero likes.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

his knee cap?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom