Ever benefited from your LOVE of WDW!!!

Mikester71

Original Poster
So something happened to my wife last week on her way to work that I just had to share with people who could appreciate it for what it's worth. :lol:

My wife is American, but has lived over here with me in Canada since we got married back in 1991. She works nights over in Michigan and has been driving across the Bluewater Bridges for years now, so we jumped at getting NEXUS cards a few years ago when they were introduced. For those of you not familiar with them, they are kind of like a cross between a passport and an enhanced drivers license and are designed to allow for quicker travel back and forth across the U.S. - Canadian borders. So when my wife heads to work at 7:30ish at night, she crosses in the NEXUS lane and usually gets right over in no time. Well one day last week, as she was talking to the U.S. Custom's Agent on the American side, she was informed that she would have to pull over for a random inspection (happens sporadically to her - no biggie) so she pulled the van over. I guess she said the parking area was packed with people pulled in to be inspected and she was all worried that she was going to be late for work when this random agent happened to walk by and saw her standing next to the van so came over to see if he could help her.
Now here is the cool part of the story!!!! :lol: He could have went up to anybody and helped them since there was obviously quite a few people in the same boat, but he chose my wife because he saw that she was wearing a hoodie from WDW! He took her right to the front of the line and processed her through quickly since he knew she had to be at work in a matter of minutes. But while he was processing her, he told my wife how he grew up down in Florida and how he would go to WDW all the time with his family. He told her that his mom and sister both work down in WDW right now and how he still heads down there to visit them whenever he can and how they get him in for free, or at least cheaper. He told her it was nice talking Disney with a fellow Disney fan and let her be on her way. She arrived to work just in the nick of time! :sohappy:

So was just curious if others on here have ever benefited from their love of WDW, or Disney in general, other than just in the parks! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom