Ever been to a Pin Convention?

New2WDW

Original Poster
Just wondering if any of you have ever been to one of the Pin Trading Conventions at the Contemporary or elsewhere? The Official Disney Pin site is showing Feb 15 and March 14 as dates at the Contemporary's Convention Center from 6 - 9 PM. What all happens at these events?

Also, that site shows the new Hollywood Studios pins that are coming out....

2007_DHSLogos.jpg

Figment82

I suggest you check out dizpins.com to find out more information about the Pin Trading Nights. They're not conventions, merely a gathering of pin collectors/traders to trade and display pins. Usually Disney will have their own boards set up with upcoming pins, a special pin release will be sold, pin games for the kids, maybe a trading board for the adults, and lots and lots of tables for the guests to use. It can be both fun and incredibly intimidating.

New2WDW

Original Poster
I suggest you check out dizpins.com to find out more information about the Pin Trading Nights. They're not conventions, merely a gathering of pin collectors/traders to trade and display pins. Usually Disney will have their own boards set up with upcoming pins, a special pin release will be sold, pin games for the kids, maybe a trading board for the adults, and lots and lots of tables for the guests to use. It can be both fun and incredibly intimidating.

Thanks for the info! So this would be somewhat similar to the tables setup outside of the Pin Trading area Building at DTD?

ZapperZ

As Figment82 has mentioned, these are more Pin Trading nights than "conventions". The one in Sept. at World Showplace is what I would call a "convention".

While these pin trading nights are more or less a place for pin traders to bring their pins for trading, some time Disney also releases limited edition pins during this event. They did that a few times last year. They also do that at the Disneyland Resort. So unlike just your regular pin trading being done at those tables outside of various pin stores at WDW, some time these pin trading nights can be a special event themselves.

BTW, in case people did not notice this already, they will be having a special 1-day pin event at DAK this coming may called Expedition: PINS. Yours truly will be in attendance and will be expecting all those gifts they will be giving out. This event will be in addition to the yearly pin celebration event in Sept.

It is nice to see Disney ramping up these pin events. Last year was a drought compared to previous years where they had not only the yearly pin celebration, but also holiday pin events, etc..

Zz.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Hey ZapperZ, when and exactly where was this September Pin Event?

Also, I noticed on the Official Disney Pin Trading site they mentioned releasing pins each month during different parts of the month that were limited/special. Have they been doing this in the past?

ZapperZ

Hey ZapperZ, when and exactly where was this September Pin Event?

Also, I noticed on the Official Disney Pin Trading site they mentioned releasing pins each month during different parts of the month that were limited/special. Have they been doing this in the past?

This is the info they have so far on the Sept. pin trading event:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=29193

They have pins being released almost everyday, either at WDW, or DL.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom