ever been asked if you're tired of going to WDW every year?

Goofnut1980

We average 2-3 trips per year to the World. This next trip will be trip #38 and am I bored and sick of going? I booked another trip didn't I? lol

For me it never gets old. It isn't about the nit-picking of things they could have done, it's about being immersed in the experience and sharing with others. We take 1 trip by ourselves each year and the other 1 or 2 trips we take friends or family along for the ride. There is nothing more exciting than seeing someone for the first time they ride Small World and getting off the attraction and continue singing the song. Or watching Bugs Life and watching them jump out of their seats when the bugs exit the building first. It is a place where I am happiest and in pure joy the entire trip.

Walt said "To all that come to this happy place, Welcome" and that is what I feel every time I walk through the turnstiles, am greeted by a wonderful CM or see a smiling face on children and adults alike. It is a magical place where your cares go out the window. I think the most magical memory was a complete stranger sat next to me during Spectromagic, she was in her mid 50s and had yet to see the show. When it ended she was crying and told me it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. It's the things like that, that keep me coming back.

My work friends no longer say to me, you are going again??? They now just ask... How many days till the next trip because you just got back from your last trip and we know you have at least one more planned...

JiminyandTink

Rather than getting "aren't you tired of going?", I usually get "dont you want to try something new?" I dont really know how to answer that other than to say "not as much as I want to go back" to WDW.

Cmdr_Crimson

This reminds me of an old Apple Jacks cereal commercial that used to run back in the 1980's. It showed a group of kids sitting around a table enjoying the cereal. Some smart-alec kid walks by and in a taunting fashion, asks the group why they enjoy Apple Jacks so much. The kids pause to think of an answer as to why they like it. Finally, one kid speaks up and says: "We just do!" In a way, WDW is my Apple Jacks. I just like it. No explanation required.

They Eat what they like..
aj.jpg

R W B

I'm not saying this to be a beast, but I often find that the people that say this the most are people that can't afford, or think that they can't afford to go (I personally think you can always find a way to afford to go). They like to make you feel bad for going. Just my .02
This is what I've come to find out too for the most part. I use to feel bad because my sister and her husband have never taken their kids who absolutly loves Disney characters and it got to me because I really want the kids to go but I can't afford to pay for an extra family of 5. Then one day I was thinking about just what do they spend their money on that they "can't afford" a trip and I realized with all the baseball, football, scouts and the 2 big ones, dancing amd swim club, they actually do have the money to go but just choose to spend it elsewhere so now I don't feel as bad lol.

plaz10

I get it all the time...

"What do you do there?" (Everything I can!)
"Do they have anything new?" (There are always new experiences!)
"Weren't you just there?" (Been there...done that...going back!)
"You're going AGAIN?" (yep. and again and again!)
"You're obsessed!" (Like it's a bad thing!) :p
"Do you ever get sick of it?" (Obviously not)
"I just don't get it" (I'm not asking you to)

216bruce

I work for two major league sports franchises in game-day operations, so I'm literally surrounded by sports junkies (baseball and basketball) all day at work. Anyway, my answer is "Yes, same obsessive behavior as yours. I'm just getting my monies worth." When 'manliness' gets questioned as they see Disney as a girl/kid thing, the reply is "Hey, you're the one obsessed with watching guys in tight pants." They hate that one.

smk

Always get tired of being asked but I usually never answer them. It is none of their business, I am not asking for them to pay for it, I can go where I want.

We usually go every year, maybe not this year, but we will try our best. Fact is we enjoy getting away and escaping to WDW. I can't think of one time we have had a bad vacation there, nothing that wrecked the whole thing anyway. It is a happy place for us, a place we relax and enjoy our time together, it is priceless. AND, it is a relatively inexpensive vacation for us. We have been so many times, have bought many things, eaten many places and I have tried to price other vacations to match the budget but can't find too many places that can match what we are comfortable spending.

disneyshane88

I have been to WDW 18 times and I'm 21 years old. I have never and will never get tired of it!!! Me and my girlfriend are planning to go in Jan 2015 for the first time on our own and I'm extremely excited already for it. She keeps asking me if we could please talk about something besides WDW lol so long story short I dont see how anyone could be tired of going the the greatest place to ever be on Earth

Goofyernmost

I have been to WDW 18 times and I'm 21 years old. I have never and will never get tired of it!!! Me and my girlfriend are planning to go in Jan 2015 for the first time on our own and I'm extremely excited already for it. She keeps asking me if we could please talk about something besides WDW lol so long story short I dont see how anyone could be tired of going the the greatest place to ever be on Earth
I should clarify that I don't get tired of going, otherwise I wouldn't go as often as I do, but, in all honesty it isn't the same feeling. It might be due to familiarity or maybe things have changed enough that the high polish has worn off. My approach to WDW has never really been on the "magic" side, but, it definitely is on the impressed side. Having worked in positions of real life, I know just how hard it is to maintain things in any consistent manner when so many uncontrollable elements present themselves on a daily basis. Nasty customers, equipment failures, weather interruptions, employee problems and even Murphy's Law, all seem to work together to create sometimes mind boggling problems that no one was able to anticipate.

Having gone, at least, yearly since 1983, I have had to marvel at how they have been able to keep as good as they have considering the difference between today's guest and that of 30 years ago. (and believe me there is a difference.) I've said this once before and I'm sure that people just thought I was crazy, but, back when smoking was allowed in the parks, they had a full time crew that just went around constantly and policed the area for cigarette butts and other assorted trash. Without them, and there really shouldn't be a need for them anymore, it is a longer turn around time between when the stuff was dropped and when it was picked up again. I'm not advocating the return of smoking, but, I do think I understand why, along with generally slobbish people, clutter is more noticeable now then before. I'm telling you those folks were amazing. You didn't see anyone around but drop a cigarette and it was like they came out of the walls and were there almost instantly with their dust pans and brooms. Very impressive.

DVCPluto

My answer to the question - Do you get tired of going to Disney every year? - is a deflection. I usually ask - Do you get tired of going to the same beach every year?

It's just a weird stigma with Disney. People go to the same vacation spots all the time... no one ever says, aren't you sick of going to your lake house? You're going to the beach AGAIN?? Not sure why it's ok to say it about Disney. (Especially when it's my vacation home!)

I have been to Disney World many times and most recently my husband and I have been fortunate enough to switch back and forth between WDW and Disney cruises. This year we are going to WDW for 1 week and then hopping back on the Disney Fantasy to celebrate our oldest son's birthday, as well as my 30th birthday.
People have said the same thing to us, most recently a guy at work. It's pretty annoying. He told me, "oh, you're one of THOSE" families." Get a life!

Mr Anderson

Constantly being immersed in the Disney Bubble is where I'd rather go on vacation. I get it, it is exhausting and has become complicated but there is no where else I'd rather be than WDW. It is my home away from home.
THIS! A million times this. I love the Disney Bubble; there is nothing else like it. (Hi, by the way, friend!!!)

When I put in my vacation request for my upcoming Disney trip in December, my boss gave me the 3rd degree... "Why are you taking off for so long? Didn't you just go to Disney last year? Will these Disney trips be an annual thing now?" Sheesh, give me a break.

However, on the flip side, after hearing a lot of my stories about DisneyWorld, a good buddy of mine from work is now planning his first trip. I'm converting him!!!
tumblr_m68zw68icF1rr9d7p.jpg

ThemeParkJunkee

I have actually been asked why I am going back this Fall since I was "just there" in 2010. Most people I know are not aware that theme parks change attractions from time to time. They are sort of "one and done" kinds of people, so they say. They also go to the same time share in Mexico every year. Hmmmmmmm.

Mr Anderson

I have actually been asked why I am going back this Fall since I was "just there" in 2010. Most people I know are not aware that theme parks change attractions from time to time. They are sort of "one and done" kinds of people, so they say. They also go to the same time share in Mexico every year. Hmmmmmmm.
Just ask them what's so different in Mexico since they were "just there" last year. What, the tides? :hilarious:

Tinkerbella16

THIS! A million times this. I love the Disney Bubble; there is nothing else like it. (Hi, by the way, friend!!!)

When I put in my vacation request for my upcoming Disney trip in December, my boss gave me the 3rd degree... "Why are you taking off for so long? Didn't you just go to Disney last year? Will these Disney trips be an annual thing now?" Sheesh, give me a break. QUOTE]

Oh I wish my boss would say that... Don't question MY earned vacation time! And yes... yes these Disney trips will be an annual thing now and always! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom