Evening dining dress

acgift

Original Poster
Hi - Going to Disney next week. We have dinner reservations at Coral Seas and with Cinderella at the Grand Floridian. Do people "dress" for dinner? Should my husband bring dockers and a nice polo? Do people usually just wear the shorts/tees they wear during the day? Thanks so much.

tigsmom

Some restaurants have a definite dress code (Business casual) but they are the signature restaurants. You can do a search to find the discussions.
Restaurants in the parks are usually open to "park attire", but more and more people are dressing up at the other restaurants. Jeans, Dockers and polos are fine for guys and most women I've seen dress similarly or in light dresses or dress pants/blouse.

MickeyFan77

We went to the Coral Reef during our trip in September and let me tell you after walking around Epcot in the on/off rain all day and heat I don't think we looked our best LOL:) So don't worry. BTW we got a seat right next to the tank VERY COOL!!!

acgift

Original Poster
Evening dress

Tigsmom - Thanks for your reply. We'll "dress" for those 2 dinners. For Pooh and Fantasmic we'll just wear our daytime clothes. I really appreciate your answer. :)

LeeSeeBabe

Most of the restaurants in the parks have families that have been out all day. Most people are dressed down. However, when my boyfriend and I go to Disney, we always go back to the room before we head to the parks for dinner and such. We both tend to wear nicer clothes (jeans and a nice shirt) at night as opposed to park day-wear, but that is because we allow ourselves time to do this. It kinda makes it more special for us.

bluefaery

I'm glad someone asked this question. I have a smiliar question. My boyfriend and I have ADR's for dinner at 1900 park fair on v-day. Do you think we should dress up a lil better then we did at the parks? I have a nice green/black dress I want to wear. Any help would be gratefull.

LeeSeeBabe

You might feel like the most dressed up, but I don't think anyone else would think twice of it. And if they did, they would probably be thinking, 'I wish I wasn't so tired so I could look like that!'

tigsmom

I'm glad someone asked this question. I have a smiliar question. My boyfriend and I have ADR's for dinner at 1900 park fair on v-day. Do you think we should dress up a lil better then we did at the parks? I have a nice green/black dress I want to wear. Any help would be gratefull.

Go right ahead and wear it. I've seen women in cocktail dresses and diamonds at the Concourse Steakhouse.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
With the Coral Reef especially, you are welcome in your park clothes because the restaurant is within Epcot. With the resort restaurants it's always nice to change first, and like someone else mentioned already, you may feel better changing even for the Coral Reef if time permits, but you definitely don't have to if you don't have time.

righttrack

We like to change for dinner/evening outing, and typically make that mid-afternoon resort break. It really depends on what plans for activities you have. If we plan on hitting it hard, we'll switch to nice shorts and golf shirts. If not, and its going to be fireworks, parade, or something light, dockers and golf shirts. In the heat of summer, and every other time, shorts and t-shirts. We dress for us, and thats what makes us comfortable. I suggest you do the same. In other words, whatever makes you feel comfortable.

acgift

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for all your posts. Since we'll be returning to Coral Seas from our resort we'll probably change. Our granddaughter wants to wear a dress. :ROFLOL:(This is her 7th birthday present.) Same for Grand Floridian. The other nights it will be our daytime wear. (Crystal Palace/Hollywood and Vine) Again, thanks.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom