Evaluating Seuss Land?

lazyboy97o

Why should they be ashamed? Did they put those illustrations in there? Profiting (in this case with respect to good PR) off of others’ past mistakes is widely rewarded today, but it isn’t in any way morally correct.

There is no progression in society by dealing with past issues like this. I just hope more people realize that.

Yes, the illustrations were offensive. Yes, the books probably weren’t that great to begin with. But how we deal with it, how we respond to it, is just as important for our growth. That is the point I’m attempting to illustrate.
You tell us why they should be ashamed. You’re the one saying that discontinuing the books should have been kept secret.

Brer Oswald

You tell us why they should be ashamed. You’re the one saying that discontinuing the books should have been kept secret.
Ashamed of what? Why are people ashamed of what people who died decades ago did? Focus on what you can do today.

They should’ve just edited out the negative depictions with absolutely no fanfare. Nobody would know the difference, and nobody would be offended because the stereotypes would be gone.

Instead, they put the decision on center stage. Every single time a company does this, it justifies political radicalizations in the mind of radicals, and causes an unnecessary fighting. I’m sick and tired of it. It seems like everyone just wants to hate someone else.

lebeau

6046957f5fd43.image.jpg

doctornick

Why is that the right thing to do but discontinuing them isn't? Reminder that these were books that nobody cares about.

These are far from his most popular books of course, but I'd argue that Mulberry Street and If I Ran the Zoo at least had some level of interest. The former especially since it was the first book he published. And, of course - keeping on this topic - both had enough cache to be referenced in Seuss Landing in Uni.

Last edited:

Ginzuishou

I think the train ride mentions Mulberry Street and there is some reference to the Zoo, so maybe they'll take out those two things so someone doesn't sue for pain and suffering. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom