Evacuees at Disney?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A thought:

And now, because it's public knowledge, people will begin to abuse it. The Red Cross gave out credit cards so people could buy food - some folks bought Louise Vitton bags so they had to pull them.

Some days I hate humanity.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
A thought:

And now, because it's public knowledge, people will begin to abuse it. The Red Cross gave out credit cards so people could buy food - some folks bought Louise Vitton bags so they had to pull them.

Some days I hate humanity.

I think thats why Disney didn't do "free" rooms or a bigger discount. FL res rates are still pretty high.

Lauriebar

If someone had flood insurance wouldn't that company pay for hotel accomodations? I would think that a Florida Resident rate at a value would be something that they would cover. Or am I just kidding myself?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Lauriebar said:
If someone had flood insurance wouldn't that company pay for hotel accomodations? I would think that a Florida Resident rate at a value would be something that they would cover. Or am I just kidding myself?

I would guess you'd be right. However, I don't know if you'd be able to pick the hotel. I think the insurance company would, and just stick you at some $34.95 Motel 6.

sabian

Look folks. I was an evacuee for just over three weeks. I am now home, hoping not to have to become an evacuee again. There is nothing wrong with someone going to disney, or wherever they want, as an evacuee, as long as YOU are not paying for it. Now, I have, in my wallet, two passes with two days on each. therefore; it would have cost my wife and I nothing to enter the parks for two days. The hotel would have, but i paid for hotels in other cities, so that is not any more expensive. To eat, well, yes, my opinionated friends, evacuees do have to eat. To eat, the cost of food at disney parks is comparable to having a meal at applebees or bennigans. So, what is my point? the point is, do not think that all evacuees were standing on the interstate waiting for the government to get us out. Most of us are family oriented, career-minded, well thinking, dare i say, intelligent people. We got out of new orleans long before the storm made landfall. So, instead of sitting in a family member's house or hotel room watching the national media spread rumors about all of the looting and destruction, that many of us have come home to see has not taken place, some of us have chosen to ease the stress of the situation on our families by trying to find some entertainment to take our minds off of the problems we face upon returning home. It's not frivolous spending. I know we are just simple southern folk to some people but , here in louisiana, some of us even have check books. And, a couple weeks ago in Baton Rouge, some fella came up with this electronic contraption, i think he calls a calculator. He told us you could use it to make sure your check book balances. I tried to balance mine, but it keeps falling of my counter to one side. But you know what else that calculator is for? it helps me make sure that i don't spend more money than i have. neat huh. Wonder if any of yall heard of that before?............

Thrawn

Account Suspended
sabian said:
Look folks. I was an evacuee for just over three weeks. I am now home, hoping not to have to become an evacuee again. There is nothing wrong with someone going to disney, or wherever they want, as an evacuee, as long as YOU are not paying for it. Now, I have, in my wallet, two passes with two days on each. therefore; it would have cost my wife and I nothing to enter the parks for two days. The hotel would have, but i paid for hotels in other cities, so that is not any more expensive. To eat, well, yes, my opinionated friends, evacuees do have to eat. To eat, the cost of food at disney parks is comparable to having a meal at applebees or bennigans. So, what is my point? the point is, do not think that all evacuees were standing on the interstate waiting for the government to get us out. Most of us are family oriented, career-minded, well thinking, dare i say, intelligent people. We got out of new orleans long before the storm made landfall. So, instead of sitting in a family member's house or hotel room watching the national media spread rumors about all of the looting and destruction, that many of us have come home to see has not taken place, some of us have chosen to ease the stress of the situation on our families by trying to find some entertainment to take our minds off of the problems we face upon returning home. It's not frivolous spending. I know we are just simple southern folk to some people but , here in louisiana, some of us even have check books. And, a couple weeks ago in Baton Rouge, some fella came up with this electronic contraption, i think he calls a calculator. He told us you could use it to make sure your check book balances. I tried to balance mine, but it keeps falling of my counter to one side. But you know what else that calculator is for? it helps me make sure that i don't spend more money than i have. neat huh. Wonder if any of yall heard of that before?............

You win this thread.

dizpins14

i evacuated to disney world to work once i realized i would not be having school for awhile. i have received nothing for free from this storm except for sympathy which is all i want. so really not everyone is taking advantage of this situation, it was a small minority.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hmm..

I agree people with the means can goto WDW and since they'll probably be there a while, FL resident rates aren't by any means "too much" for what they've been through.

I don't agree that most people are intelligent though. Not to offend anyone, I just don't think it's true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom