Etsy DreamWardrobeShop

Minthorne

Original Poster
Hi folks. I’m going to Dapper Days at the end of the month and I just wanted to mention my experience with this Etsy shop and let folks know.

My friend bought us Dapper Dan’s shirt from there as a surprise for me. Their size charts don’t really match the shirts and the are too small. they don’t except refunds or exchanges so he is out $90 and they only offered to give a 15% discount on the replacement order of the larger size. No sympathy or customer service. Just buyer beware.

We also got a custom mask from them and it was $25 in the dapper Dan material. They apparently don’t use a pattern to make these so it just a flat piece of fabric sewn with single stitch to another flat piece with elastics single stitched on the outside. The $3.99 mask I got at Walgreen yesterday was made from a pattern and fits my face. This Etsy shop mask isn’t made from a pattern and doesn’t fit to your face. It leaves huge gaps at the cheeks. I don’t even know if it will meet Disney mask requirements.

just want folks to know so - buyer beware at the DreamWardrobe Shop on Etsy.

JIMINYCR

Thanks for the heads up. IN ALL THINGS BUYER BEWARE. Things bought on Etsy are mostly hand made or custom made. Each shop has their own policies posted on their page. Lesson I learned years ago... never buy any item you cant try on or return if it doesnt fit. Your friend shouldnt have bought you something without knowing how it might fit you. Or without knowing or understanding their return policy. Too bad hes out the $90.
With masks being required, everyone has started making masks for sale all over the place. Not all are of quality or good proper fit. My DW a while ago bought a custom made Jiminy Cricket mask from an Etsy seller which wasnt well fitting for her face, so shes keeping it as a novelty item.

Shouldigo12

Thanks for the heads up. IN ALL THINGS BUYER BEWARE. Things bought on Etsy are mostly hand made or custom made. Each shop has their own policies posted on their page. Lesson I learned years ago... never buy any item you cant try on or return if it doesnt fit. Your friend shouldnt have bought you something without knowing how it might fit you. Or without knowing or understanding their return policy. Too bad hes out the $90.
With masks being required, everyone has started making masks for sale all over the place. Not all are of quality or good proper fit. My DW a while ago bought a custom made Jiminy Cricket mask from an Etsy seller which wasnt well fitting for her face, so shes keeping it as a novelty item.
And loon closely at pictures. If I'm looking at the right shop, it's obvious (to me) that the majority of the pictures are photoshopped. They took the same photo of a guy in a mask, a guy in a shirt, a girl in a shirt, and leggings, then just slapped each design they planned to use over the picture. This doesn't *always* mean the items are bad quality, but in my experience etsy shops that use this method it usually does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom