ESPN the Weekend...Why not this year?

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Can anyone shed some light on why ESPN the Weekend is not going to happen this year? Kind of disappointing imo.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Where did you hear it isnt running in 2010?

I had not seen any announcements and I wanted to take my son this year (2010) I knew I had to book a DVC sooner rather than later. So I inquired of the DVC member services rep. He did not see any information and went to ask someone. When he returned he indicated that they did not intend on having an ESPN the Weekend this year.

I'm going to gabosh this rumor before it spreads like wild fire here...if this is true then why can you still register for the 2010 ESPN The Weekend 5K; http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....entDetail/detail?name=ESPN5KDetailPage&bhcp=1

So nope there is still one for 2010.

If I am mistaken I apologize. It is not my intent, now or ever, to spread a false rumor. I am merely acting on what I was told by DVC member services. No one will be happier than I to have this event occur.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's going to happen as they've already started to name guests who are going to appear.

Great! Is there a link you could post. The one to the 5k had a link for more info, but it went to the 2009 ESPN the Weekend site. Now all I have to do is call DVC back.

Captain Hank

According to an article in Eyes and Ears regarding the rennovation of the Wide World of Sports, the 2010 ESPN: The Weekend will be taking place the weekend of February 25th.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
It appears that I was very misinformed by the "knowledgable" members services rep. I apologize again for any false alarms this thread may have caused

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom