News Escape of the White Rhino

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I remember it being mentioned by the guide on the backstage magic tour a few years back that all the toilet buildings ad AK had lockable doors to the outside in case of animal escape. It is not just a JH rumour.

Missing20K

So when the animals escape, do the CM's direct guests to the bathrooms and instruct them on how to barricade themselves in the bathrooms?

Is this training part of the Traditions class?

Are all CM's trained in and aware of said "Restroom Refuge in case of Animal Escape" protocol?

What if I'm being chased by a wildebeest and there are no CM's to guide me to the nearest restroom?

Missing20K

At least this one's a vegetarian.

In more carnivorous cases, the park simply doesn't have to feed the animals for the next few days.
But it smells the umami from all the soy I eat, being full vegan and all. So to the wildebeest, I'm just a mushroom that can run.

"Dad, there is a cheetah behind you."
"Son, please. Let's calmly walk to the restroom and lock the door. Geez, it's like you've never been to a zoo before. I'm almost ashamed to call you my son."

Disney Analyst

The part about the bathrooms having doors at DAK for the potential of an animal escape is definetly not false. Every bathroom around the park has a door for just that reason.

Just to add, as someone who worked at MK with friends at AK. The bathrooms do have doors, and they are there as an extra precaution against animal escapes. I think most also close in, so that an animal couldn’t push it open. Can’t remember however.

You should ask about the procedure if someone falls in the crocodile enclosure...

Disney Analyst

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Check to see if the guest is a club-level guest first before attempting rescue?
Bill their room for the extra immersive experience they are now having ?
Inform their next of kin about the amazing time they are having at Walt Disney World's Crocodile Country, A Disney Nature Crocodile Experience, by Adventures by Disney.

Yes, yes, and yes!
Don't forget to get the photo release form signed before they expire...

UKDisney Dave

So what’s the answer on the door thing? Can anyone set this straight one way or the other?

I have no idea, I just noticed the sturdy doors and locks on a couple of visits and made a wild guess. Hadn’t heard the Jim Hill thing.

But now I really want to know! Are the bathrooms designed as refuge, or are the locks on the inside of the doors so I can get away from my family and have a 10 minute snooze in peace and quiet?

peter11435

So what’s the answer on the door thing? Can anyone set this straight one way or the other?

I have no idea, I just noticed the sturdy doors and locks on a couple of visits and made a wild guess. Hadn’t heard the Jim Hill thing.

But now I really want to know! Are the bathrooms designed as refuge, or are the locks on the inside of the doors so I can get away from my family and have a 10 minute snooze in peace and quiet?
Yes

JoeCamel

Before the rates get worse hop a flight over and check it out. If you do a good vlog you can put it on utube. A star is born!

JohnD

We can nickel and dime whether other restrooms in the parks have doors but the point remains that all the public restrooms in AK have doors where most (okay perhaps not all) of the public restrooms in the other parks don't. The reason in AK is for protecting against an animal escape. Now you can pooh pooh it all you want but that is the reason.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We can nickel and dime whether other restrooms in the parks have doors but the point remains that all the public restrooms in AK have doors where most (okay perhaps not all) of the public restrooms in the other parks don't. The reason in AK is for protecting against an animal escape. Now you can pooh pooh it all you want but that is the reason.
Well, you could say the doors in the smaller Epcot rest rooms are for protection against roving bands of raging drunks...

RSoxNo1

I think the animal factor is unrelated here, I think it's largely a design choice in various areas in each of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom