Ernest Goes to Splash Mountain?

TestTrack

Wow, you to couldn't tell my comment was clearly a joke. I didn't think I need to spell it out for people, but next time I'll make it very clear when what I write on this board is a joke or if I mean it "for reals."

Hey, if you want to make comments like that about your own mother/father/family member that died...go right ahead, that's fine. However, calling a man you don't know "worm food" has nothing to do with being PC it's called being nice.

LoriMistress

TO TEST TRACK:

I don't care what strangers on a message boards says about my family/friends/myself. Even if they die, I don't care. If you still want to take my comment personally, even though YOU don't know Jim personally then be my guest. Why the tantrum? We're not in high school, so relax already. Remember...this is the internet and you're inteacting with strangers from around the world.

Always yours,

LoriMistress

TestTrack

TO TEST TRACK:

I don't care what strangers on a message boards says about my family/friends/myself. Even if they die, I don't care. If you still want to take my comment personally, even though YOU don't know Jim personally then be my guest. Why the tantrum? We're not in high school, so relax already. Remember...this is the internet and you're inteacting with strangers from around the world.

Always yours,

LoriMistress

I don't see any tantrum...I see myself making a point and you not caring. That's cool too, but it doesn't make my opinion wrong

TO TEST TRACK:

Always yours,

LoriMistress

Honestly, Ernest was before my time, and I really had no idea who Jim was before this thread, but I still thought your post was a little insensitive. Once someone mentioned that people on the forum knew Jim personally, once a member openly said they were offended, you probably should have backed down and apologized. Instead, you defended yourself. It would have been one thing if someone became offended because you said you thought Nemo should be shark food, or something else along those lines. It's quite another when the issue was over a death. Just because we're all strangers from around the world doesn't mean we can't have a little decency and respect towards one another.

Brian_B

Wow, I didn't know that "worm food" was such offensive words. But what I wrote wasn't offensive. Americans have this idea that death is suppose to be sad and we cannot joke or say anything that might be negative about the deceased. In actuality Jim (aka Ernest) was a extremely humorous man. And I did write "TOO BAD" he's worm food. It's not like I wrote, "Hooray, the man's worm food. I can't wait for his final movie: ERNEST GOES TO THE MORGUE!" Plus, I know Jim wouldn't give a rat's butt about my comment, do you know why? BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!

I'm just tired of PC people who can't read what's written and who are not able to read between the lines. (And to let you know MITCHK, I'm not really attacking you...just tired of people making comments when they fail to read the actual words themselves. And that's what most Americans do. Only in America where spelling doesn't count; peoples' pets do.)

A lot of hatred for America in your post. Ironic, considering Disney is and always will be an American thing. Feel free to stick to your unfounded prejudices (I assume here that you have NOT, in fact, met every American), so long as you keep giving Disney money.

As for your inability to comprehend why people seem to be so mad at you, I suggest looking up tact in a dictionary. It's the thing that's keeping me from pointing out the irony of your criticisms on American verbosity, when you can't seem to get simple article/noun agreement.

Greenlawler

Okay Lorimistress this is no attack I understand your comments were not intended to be insensitive but I did know Jim Varney, in fact pretty well. I do think your comments were a little too much. I am as unPC as anyone but I was a little thrown off by your post. Jim Varney by the way was not just Ernest and actually toured America as Puck in Midsummers Night Dream he also played Pa in Beverly Hillbillies and he also stared in a NBC show that aired following (briefly) the A-Team. Growing up in Nashville like I did most people around there knew Ernest years before the rest of the country caught on as he got his big break doing milk commercials here. By the way Jim was one of the most intelligent men I ever met and truly the antithesis of his Ernest personna.

LoriMistress

Honestly, Ernest was before my time, and I really had no idea who Jim was before this thread, but I still thought your post was a little insensitive. Once someone mentioned that people on the forum knew Jim personally, once a member openly said they were offended, you probably should have backed down and apologized. Instead, you defended yourself. It would have been one thing if someone became offended because you said you thought Nemo should be shark food, or something else along those lines. It's quite another when the issue was over a death. Just because we're all strangers from around the world doesn't mean we can't have a little decency and respect towards one another.

I respect your opinion because you weren't nagging. I stand by on what I've said. If people want to take my comments, or anyone else's comments personally...that's your issue; not mine. I don't take what yourself, or any other person said personally. Not my style. When it comes down to it, why get worked up over a person you don't know many miles away? Not worth it. And I know most people on this board is above that.

I didn't think this would be so much "conterversy." Oooooooohhh...I've upset that Disney Message Board. I've caused a disturbance in the forse. :animwink:

LoriMistress

A lot of hatred for America in your post. Ironic, considering Disney is and always will be an American thing. Feel free to stick to your unfounded prejudices (I assume here that you have NOT, in fact, met every American), so long as you keep giving Disney money.
LOL...news flash!!! I LIVE IN AMERICA!!! I live in Northern California, and it says that on my profile. Hell, even my signature says I'm part of the Northern California online club here. Not being mean here, but it's just funny how most people don't bother checking people's profile before making statements that destorys the entire point that they're trying to make.:lol: :lol:

As for your inability to comprehend why people seem to be so mad at you, I suggest looking up tact in a dictionary.
If people are losing sleep at night and getting worked up over words on a screen must be completely pathetic. And I find it ironic that the flag waving American such as yourself would support what I had to say and be proud for me to defend myself and not backing down because of a little thing called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!! Nice that a person who loves America doesn't respect the rights people have...but I guess it's just because it's YOUR perception of how America should be...to censor and to be "friendly" and passive agressive through life.

It's the thing that's keeping me from pointing out the irony of your criticisms on American verbosity, when you can't seem to get simple article/noun agreement.
Funny how your entire post just contradicted yourself. Next time, do a bit of research and think before posting.

LoriMistress

Okay Lorimistress this is no attack I understand your comments were not intended to be insensitive but I did know Jim Varney, in fact pretty well. I do think your comments were a little too much. I am as unPC as anyone but I was a little thrown off by your post. Jim Varney by the way was not just Ernest and actually toured America as Puck in Midsummers Night Dream he also played Pa in Beverly Hillbillies and he also stared in a NBC show that aired following (briefly) the A-Team. Growing up in Nashville like I did most people around there knew Ernest years before the rest of the country caught on as he got his big break doing milk commercials here. By the way Jim was one of the most intelligent men I ever met and truly the antithesis of his Ernest personna.

I know he's been in several plays and was in many shows and movies before and after the whole ERNEST cash cow. And I also know that he made a killing off of those local dairy commericals and auto commericals. I've read articals and saw TV specials on his life. I also know he had a great sense of humor. I'm glad that you didn't take my comment to heart and know that I wasn't trying to be vendictive in any way. I'm sorry if you were taken aback on my comment.

mitchk

Wow, I didn't know that "worm food" was such offensive words. But what I wrote wasn't offensive. Americans have this idea that death is suppose to be sad and we cannot joke or say anything that might be negative about the deceased. In actuality Jim (aka Ernest) was a extremely humorous man. And I did write "TOO BAD" he's worm food. It's not like I wrote, "Hooray, the man's worm food. I can't wait for his final movie: ERNEST GOES TO THE MORGUE!" Plus, I know Jim wouldn't give a rat's butt about my comment, do you know why? BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!

I'm just tired of PC people who can't read what's written and who are not able to read between the lines. (And to let you know MITCHK, I'm not really attacking you...just tired of people making comments when they fail to read the actual words themselves. And that's what most Americans do. Only in America where spelling doesn't count; peoples' pets do.)

I hadn't seen this thread in a while...hey I have a very twisted sense of humor myself (not to say your sense of humor is twisted) , but there are a lot of sensitive, and caring people on this site. So you just have to watch your choice of words.BTW thank you for stating that you were not attacking me. Let's just all get along. Peace, love, and Disney. :kiss:

LoriMistress

I hadn't seen this thread in a while...hey I have a very twisted sense of humor myself (not to say your sense of humor is twisted) , but there are a lot of sensitive, and caring people on this site. So you just have to watch your choice of words.BTW thank you for stating that you were not attacking me. Let's just all get along. Peace, love, and Disney. :kiss:

You care correct, sir. I do have a weird and twisted sense of humor.

mitchk

I just read your whole profile, indeed you are a...let's say outgoing person. I don't in anyway want you to get the wrong idea about my posts. I dig your sense of humor, and I'm a pretty vulgar speaking person (only around adults), but I really watch what I say on this site. Anyway...Peace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom