Ernest Goes to Splash Mountain?

Tomorrow'sChild

Original Poster
A buddy asked me to see if I can find a clip of this somewhere on-line or somewhere it can be bought. It was a TV special for the opening of Splash Mountain in Disneyland in 89. Any info? Thanks.

TTA-ATW

i remember this special...i watched it live and have been looking for it ever since. If you find it let me know. Thanks

metscool

I got nothing. I searched both youtube and google video and they got nothing. There is some Ernest stuff on youtube but not the episode that you are looking for.

yodasmith

i too have been searching for this for ages. it's even hard to find any mention of this at all. I think it may not exist any more.

thrown into that crazy disney vault from snl.

LoriMistress

It was great. It was a train wreck to watch but exciting to watch because you want to see the new attraction. I always found Ernest annoying. But too bad he's worm food though.

Mecha Figment

It was great. It was a train wreck to watch but exciting to watch because you want to see the new attraction. I always found Ernest annoying. But too bad he's worm food though.

be cautious on your choice of words. there are a few people on this board that were actualy friends with Jim.

dxwwf3

I was thinking about this show the other day. It was on TBS and had a fake news crew covering the opening. Whenever we are on the ride and we go up the final lift hill before the big drop our family always quotes Ernest by saying "Wish I'd brought a book" :)

I think I have a VHS copy of this special somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. It probably has been accidently taped over, but I really hope that someone online can dig it up.

thedreamer

I remember this. It was so long ago (I was about 4 when I saw it), and there was actually a time I thought I was just making it up in my mind. :lol:

Have no idea where to find it though, wish I knew.

mitchk

Hey, hey, now.. Ernest may have been a little annoying, but worm food...that's harsh. I actually enjoyed Ernest, and I thought he did a great job in the Beverly hillbillies. I do like your profile quote though, drug dealer..keeper awayer (Simpsons classic) :lol:

TheBeatles

I actually have this tape and I have access to it. Whats great is that I got a VHS -> DVD machine last week so as soon as I have time I am going to convert it. The only problem is I don't know how to upload it on the internet. The quality of it most likely won't be that great, but its still watchable.

I also have New Kids on The Block go to MGM Studios, which I sent to DVD.

mitchk

I actually have this tape and I have access to it. Whats great is that I got a VHS -> DVD machine last week so as soon as I have time I am going to convert it. The only problem is I don't know how to upload it on the internet. The quality of it most likely won't be that great, but its still watchable.

I also have New Kids on The Block go to MGM Studios, which I sent to DVD.

I love the DVD recorders (I have 2 of them) I put all my old home videos from Disney (1987 being the first) on to DVD's. Last December I found a VHS copy of Muppets Christmas (the one where they go to Fozzie mother's house) I recorded that on to a DVD, and my Mother, who is a teacher, took it to school, and let her students watch it at there little Christmas party (I like the idea of a younger generation knowing about the Muppets). Bigbird...who's Jim, that's funny :lol:

LoriMistress

:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are quite sensitive aren't you?

Wow, you to couldn't tell my comment was clearly a joke. I didn't think I need to spell it out for people, but next time I'll make it very clear when what I write on this board is a joke or if I mean it "for reals."

LoriMistress

Hey, hey, now.. Ernest may have been a little annoying, but worm food...that's harsh. I actually enjoyed Ernest, and I thought he did a great job in the Beverly hillbillies. I do like your profile quote though, drug dealer..keeper awayer (Simpsons classic) :lol:

Wow, I didn't know that "worm food" was such offensive words. But what I wrote wasn't offensive. Americans have this idea that death is suppose to be sad and we cannot joke or say anything that might be negative about the deceased. In actuality Jim (aka Ernest) was a extremely humorous man. And I did write "TOO BAD" he's worm food. It's not like I wrote, "Hooray, the man's worm food. I can't wait for his final movie: ERNEST GOES TO THE MORGUE!" Plus, I know Jim wouldn't give a rat's butt about my comment, do you know why? BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!

I'm just tired of PC people who can't read what's written and who are not able to read between the lines. (And to let you know MITCHK, I'm not really attacking you...just tired of people making comments when they fail to read the actual words themselves. And that's what most Americans do. Only in America where spelling doesn't count; peoples' pets do.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom