Epic Mickey Assistance

Ruggerducky

Original Poster
I'm stuck in the Foyer. I've taken out every opponent, and the ghost says he'd help me when I painted both skulls. After the first one, he dropped a single table on the floor. I've painted both, and one after painting moved behind the wall as it was supposed to (that's when he dropped the table). I've got back to him repeatedly, and he keeps telling me to paint the skulls. I've tried thinning the other back out, painting it over and over, and nothing doing. Any suggestions?

Wilt Dasney

Wow. Sounds like a glitch. The ghost is supposed to clear the way to the film projector after you free him and paint both skulls. Also, each painted skull calms a possessed table. You saw that with the first one.

I hate to suggest it, but if you've run out of ideas, maybe you need to thin out the floor below you to open up a thinner pool and bite the big one. Start the room over and see if the glitch fixes itself.

Ruggerducky

Original Poster
Glitch

Yeah, that's exactly what eventually had to happen. I ran around for literally 30 minutes trying to get that ghost to open the door. No matter what I did, that second skull (and the corresponding eye) wouldn't work. Painted each half, thinned it out by halves, by the whole, over and over, and kept going back to that ghost. I'd long since freed the gremlin, so with only the one (high side) table floating and no staircase, I couldn't possibly get across in time. Since I hate the sound of sizzling Mickey, I opted for suicide by fall from a large height. Repeatedly until dead.

After reincarnation, I quickly converted all the enemy to friends, and shut down the machines. I was very careful to leave both skulls untouched until after I freed the ghost. Then I strolled over, painted each, and voila, worked like a charm.

But man, this was one sucktastic glitch. There's nothing like when you've fully completed a level in a game and having it glitch and not allow you to proceed. Even worse when it makes you restart the whole section to get back to where you were because you had to kill yourself. :fork:

Wilt Dasney

Ruggerducky, that is one seriously evil glitch. I've encountered a few of my own, but nothing that sinister! (Meant to reply to this a few days ago.)

Rubyslipper, the Stretching Room puzzle is fairly simple. Start by rotating the paintings at the bottom until you have each bottom piece in place, paint in one gear and hit the central gear to go to the middle level and rotate the middle pieces into place, paint in both gears and repeat for the top level. Make sure you are OUTSIDE the painting cylinders and not inside.

Alternatively, if you thin away a piece of the dynamite man puzzle on level 2, enter the cylinder and rotate yourself away from the room, you'll find a gremlin who does the whole thing for you.

PurpleRose

I am stuck in the attic myself. I freed the two gremlins so they took care of the first two generators. My problem is that I kind of wasted sketches before reaching the attic and now I am down to three stop watch sketches. I can take out one beetlework on that center box to get an anvil sketch but that doesn't open the generator. I use the anvil on another beetlework and Gus told me about the generator opening but it was closed by the time I could thin the eye out. :brick: I'm having trouble!

Wilt Dasney

PurpleRose:

Have you tried using a stopwatch sketch after you drop the anvil to kill a Beetleworx and open the generator? That could give you a few more seconds to get over to it and thin it out. Getting the generator open is what you need to do, so you just need to find a way to give yourself time to thin out the eye after you do. Also try smashing the Beetleworx as close as possible to the generator, so you don't have far to move when it opens.

Alternately, if you have a TV sketch in tow, you could use a TV and an anvil on each of the pressure pads at the rear of the room, then use a stopwatch to give yourself enough time to stand on the third pad at the front of the room. That's the non-combat method of finishing, but it won't work if you don't have the TV sketch with you, because I don't think there's a way to get one inside the room itself.

PurpleRose

I wasted my sketches stupidly before the attic. I didn't read ahead in my strat or else I would have done that. I am just down to three stop watch sketches. When I drop the anvil, the game play stops and Gus points out the generator and the generator closes before I can do anything. So once again I am running in circles trying to defeat a beetleworks so I can get the generator to open up. Highly fusterating... :fork:

Wilt Dasney

I'm stumped on that one. I don't remember that complete halt in game play, but maybe it's a quirk that happens exclusively on a file's first play-through.

My only other idea is that you'll have to open the generator a second time on the same life. Maybe drop the anvil, let Gus have his say, then try to pick off an easier Beetleworx. My suggestion would be the spider. He's fairly easy to pick off if you stand on a box to thin him out (or better yet, drop him IN some thinner, so the effect will be automatic and continual). The skeleton won't be able to get you up there, so just avoid the other one's thinner shots while you wait for the spider to thin out, jump down and hit him quickly, then jump back up.

Good luck! That part is a bit of a nightmare, and I really think it's a game design flaw that they don't give you a chance to pick up one of each sketch INSIDE the room.

MAF

I remember getting so ticked off during the part where you have to play the huge organ. I had to do that part like 50 times and I almost lost it.

Another area that grinded my gears was on the last part in Dark Beauty Castle where they give you 45 seconds to paint in 5 pipes before the thinner pool comes back up. :fork:

MissMandyLynne

Solve Jim's Riddle

i canot figure it out - heres the riddle...

I smile upon Ventureland. Hunger is my only complaint. To sate my desire, feed me paint.

at first i thought it was the clock but i have thinned and painted EVERYTHING in the level and cant figure it out - and ive gone back and forth so many times between worlds and even quit the game and came back to it - is it something really easy that im just missing?

Mandy

Wilt Dasney

i canot figure it out - heres the riddle...

I smile upon Ventureland. Hunger is my only complaint. To sate my desire, feed me paint.

at first i thought it was the clock but i have thinned and painted EVERYTHING in the level and cant figure it out - and ive gone back and forth so many times between worlds and even quit the game and came back to it - is it something really easy that im just missing?

Mandy

It's the smiling tiki mask above the shop. :)

MissMandyLynne

i cannot believe it was that easy - but non the less does anybody know what will happen if i give Pete Donalds Voodoo doll? - i usually give it to Daisy but i wanted to know whats going to happen - i kind of want to get everything in the game and see it from every angle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom