Epic Mickey Appreciation Thread

Homemade Imagineering

Oh man, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the first Epic Mickey game! My favorite section of the first game was easily the Gremlin Village, since it has such a creepy Disney, small world vibe to it. It feels so run down and sad, yet very charming and nostalgic, and I think that can be said about the game as a whole! I especially love the clocktower boss fight, especially since the actual clocktower is my favorite structure in Disneyland, and because I’m a huge Rolly Crump/ Mary Blair fan. Speaking of a remastered Epic Mickey game, there is actually a fan group working on a fan game called Epic Oswald! Here is their YouTube channel:

EZRock

In the Parks
No
I know I'm a tad bit late, but man, I love this game, probably one of my favorites. I remember playing this a lot when I was younger, and I love the whole concept of "paint" and "thinner." It's quite brilliant in my opinion. I can easily say that this is one of Disney's better video games.
Really hoping the rumors are true that we're getting a remaster for modern consoles.
That would honestly be really sick, although, Junction Point Studios (one of the studios behind Epic Mickey) was shut down in 2013 I believe.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
I know I'm a tad bit late, but man, I love this game, probably one of my favorites. I remember playing this a lot when I was younger, and I love the whole concept of "paint" and "thinner." It's quite brilliant in my opinion. I can easily say that this is one of Disney's better video games.

That would honestly be really sick, although, Junction Point Studios (one of the studios behind Epic Mickey) was shut down in 2013 I believe.
The rumor started with this.

If it's true that the untitled game is a remaster, hopefully it's announced and maybe even released later this year.

Homemade Imagineering

I just watched The Simpsons short film "Playdate with Destiny," the music reminded me of the music in Epic Mickey, something about it just seemed familiar. I checked who composed the music and sure enough, it was James Dooley, the same guy who made the music in Epic Mickey. Idk, I thought it was interesting.
Yup! Jim Dooley also made some scores for the simpsons ride over at Universal!!

sedati

I enjoyed these games mostly for the visuals and music. Gameplay was okay, but the difficulty was all over the place. I remember exploring the Main Street area and thinking, they should have put Walt's apartment in the firehouse, and lo and behold they did. A nice Easter Egg in a game almost made up entirely of easter eggs from throughout the companies history. I'd love a remake, but it should be retooled a bit. Also, as stunning as it was, it didn't fully live up to my expectations based on this teaser artwork:
1587329655037.png

In the Parks
Yes
I adored the fact that the game wasn't "cutesy." Often whenever someone takes on a Mickey project they reduce him to a twee adorable corporate symbol. Epic Mickey was the first time in a while that we returned to Mickey Mouse's roots as an impish scamp. I feel that this game started the whole rethinking Mickey's personality & turning him into a beloved character again. Opened the door for Paul Rudish's shorts in a way.

Twilight_Roxas

Oh man, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the first Epic Mickey game! My favorite section of the first game was easily the Gremlin Village, since it has such a creepy Disney, small world vibe to it. It feels so run down and sad, yet very charming and nostalgic, and I think that can be said about the game as a whole! I especially love the clocktower boss fight, especially since the actual clocktower is my favorite structure in Disneyland, and because I’m a huge Rolly Crump/ Mary Blair fan. Speaking of a remastered Epic Mickey game, there is actually a fan group working on a fan game called Epic Oswald! Here is their YouTube channel:
Your discord invite is invalid or expired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom