EpcotServo's Updates #2.39- It's only a preview!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Hey there everybody! Got to preview this year's Spectacle of Lights, and here's some pictures! With lights! And words! Dare I say it, pictures! Venture onwards!

STUDIOS

-There's a few new things at spectacle this year, as follows...

-The canopy is no longer just red lights, they all change color.

-They have a window with a screen that displays historical imagery of the show.

-Some of the windows have light screens that shows animated Xmas imagery, which is a nice new plus. Though they do have Prep & Landing synergy, which stinks. Literally nothing can be added with synergy. And not in an awesome full-blown way like Disneyland, just the WDW kind of shady small-scale useless synergy. Just kind of nergy.

-It's still a great display.

And that's about all, so advance to PictureStage!

Enjoy!
( ^ ^)/

https://picasaweb.google.com/116649...Updates239ItSOnlyAPreview#5671376222595234642

Been missing Update in your life? No? Then join us, for a captionful return to the westest, bestest, coast-CALIFORNIA! Keep checking in at the Updatepage for all 7 epic parts of the CALIFORNIA Updates!

http://epcotservoupdate.blogspot.com/

And if you've enjoyed this, journey on over (not to the center of the Earth) but to my new take on WDW-weekly comedy comics, Bishoujo Parks Academy!

http://moeparks.blogspot.com/

TP2000

-Some of the windows have light screens that shows animated Xmas imagery, which is a nice new plus. Though they do have Prep & Landing synergy, which stinks. Literally nothing can be added with synergy. And not in an awesome full-blown way like Disneyland, just the WDW kind of shady small-scale useless synergy. Just kind of nergy.

To be fair, the new Prep & Landing Christmas show at Disneyland doesn't start until next weekend, so it could be horrible synergy. Although it will be big Disneyland-style synergy, and not just WDW-style nergy. :lol:

But we don't know if it will be awesome yet. Check the Disneyland boards next weekend.

Interesting though how they've got a definite Prep & Landing push this year. They must have high hopes for it.

Tip Top Club

I wouldn't knock the Prep and Landing just yet. We were there for about four cycles of songs and not one of them was related to Prep and Landing, so I didn't even know about it.

That being said, one of them was a tribute to Jennings Osborne, who passed away this year, and even the radio chatter before it essentially thanked him for all his philanthropic work over the years, and I thought that was wonderful, and I hope the family is able to come see it this year because I thought they did a great job!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
I wouldn't knock the Prep and Landing just yet. We were there for about four cycles of songs and not one of them was related to Prep and Landing, so I didn't even know about it.

That being said, one of them was a tribute to Jennings Osborne, who passed away this year, and even the radio chatter before it essentially thanked him for all his philanthropic work over the years, and I thought that was wonderful, and I hope the family is able to come see it this year because I thought they did a great job!

I was just speaking on the windows. It was more of a "Oh wow, they added something just because!" -sees nergy- "Ohhh...Alright."
:dazzle: :lol:

Yeah, I think they did a good job this year as well.

dreamscometrue

Thanks for the update. Never get tired of seeing this display, and although it's only early November, I'm starting to feel a bit of a holiday vibe. :)

FigmentJedi

Interesting though how they've got a definite Prep & Landing push this year. They must have high hopes for it.

Indeed. Prep and Landing's going to be the first Disney/Marvel crossover.
PrepAndLanding_Cover_02.jpg

The first one's been doing well the last couple years and with the sequel this year...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom