EpcotServo's Jan.26th MEGA update! Pirates and Princess, oh my!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Well, it was a long day at the parks yesterday for me, and a great time was had. The result? Me being void of all energy for the rest of the week, a bag full of loot, and a whole mess of pictures. So sit back, grab a bite to eat, and join me on my 15 hour long day at the parks! We'll see toys, cars, monsters, pirates, and princess on the way! Before we get started, let's check out the updates.

Newsline Updates----------------
-The HSM show is going on now at MGM.
-Toy Story Mania work is going on at full speed.
-the windows at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club are no longer dark-tinted, so you can somewhat see the queue behind it. ( I have a few pictures later in the update.)
-The cart by Buzz is now selling two styles of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club T-shirts.
-Previews of the Laugh Floor are still going on, and getting very good reviews from guests.
-I spotted Bob Peterson and other Pixar talents during a test of the show.
-I did see a copy of the Finding Nemo-The Musical soundtrack at the Emporium.
-The Pirate and Princess event was great! The event went smoothly, and the weather was great. After you get your wristband, they give you a neat little velvet treasure bag with the event logo on it, that you can fill up with beads and candy at "Treasure spots" around the park. This is a great idea, and was a lot of fun filling up the bag while walking around the park. Captain Jack Sparrow had a meet-and-greet set up in the old Adventureland restaraunt, and that had long lines all night long. (They did a great job with the greeting room. It had a moving sign above it to make it feel like you were on a moving ship.) The lighting was great, though not as good as Not-so-scary. The Fireworks were very good and well done. I thought it was much better than the Not-so-scary fireworks IMHO. Crowds at the event were quite light, and I was able to walk right up the second showing of the parade and got a great spot. I was quite surprised by the parade! It was really good. (and that's coming from someone who dosen't really care for parades that much!) The new Pirate ship float was really big, and had these great cannons on the side that shot fog out onto the parade route. The parade also featured the great ghost pirate float from Not-so-scary. Overall, the event was really great, and worth attending next year. I also feel that the event will get better year after year.

Well, that's it for the newsline. Now on to the pictures! Enjoy!
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4359471&a=32449841&p=75245448

lpet11984

Wow, thank you SO MUCH for your mega update! The queue pictures actually look pretty neat, especially the picture that's second to last. And the P&P party looks amazing! Two of my dreams rolled into one: Capt Jack and being a princess :animwink: I hope they decide to do more Capt Jack meet and greets...GREAT PICS! Thanks again.

LongballMG

ugggggh

why did they install those ugly steel switchbacks in the fmr. Timekeeper queue.

They look awful and i'm sure they could easily fit more people inside the building the way it was before, shove everyone to the front and fill the preshow.

ugggh

and i miss the rotating circular LED

mk4me

Thanks for the informative and fun update, EpcotServo!

So where were you viewing the Pirate and Princess Party parade that you had nobody around? Sounds like a great spot!

Theresonly1

great pictures, thanks for sharing.
there is clearly more to the pirate and princess thing than i thought. but it will be gone before I get there.

the-reason14

Anybody know how long this party is going on? I dont want to take away from the emhs for something we would have to pay for in a few months.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Thanks for the informative and fun update, EpcotServo!

So where were you viewing the Pirate and Princess Party parade that you had nobody around? Sounds like a great spot!
It was really a matter of luck. It was on the river side of Frontierland, and it was the second parade, so it was less crowded.
LongballMG
ugggggh

why did they install those ugly steel switchbacks in the fmr. Timekeeper queue.

They look awful and i'm sure they could easily fit more people inside the building the way it was before, shove everyone to the front and fill the preshow.

ugggh

and i miss the rotating circular LED
And there we go. Exactly what I said shouldn't happen. Those pictures aren't very good, and should not be used to judge. What those pictures don't show is the colorful banners above, and the well-themed door loading area. Not to mention the very detailed waiting area in the next room.
Jade
MGM really needs a family dark ride?"

What do you call The Great Movie Ride? :0
Yea, but other than that, what? GMR has been around for about 18 years being the only dark ride that can (kind of) be called a family ride. I say 18 years is long enough to need another one.

And thanks for all the great comments!:D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Anybody know how long this party is going on? I dont want to take away from the emhs for something we would have to pay for in a few months.

2007 DATES for the Pirate and Princess Party:
January 22, 26, 29
February 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 23, 26
March 2, 5, 8​

mousermerf

Account Suspended
So there's actually a real queue in the Laugh Floor thingy? That's actually a big improvement...

The Timekeeper and the rpevious Circlevision shows always had issues because they couldn't generate lines due to their high capacities and then the massive building would hide the waiting group of people and the odd angle hid the entrance - in short - unless you knew it was there, no one wandered in. Add a group of waiting people, and tourists are like sheep.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So there's actually a real queue in the Laugh Floor thingy? That's actually a big improvement...

The Timekeeper and the rpevious Circlevision shows always had issues because they couldn't generate lines due to their high capacities and then the massive building would hide the waiting group of people and the odd angle hid the entrance - in short - unless you knew it was there, no one wandered in. Add a group of waiting people, and tourists are like sheep.

Been drawn into a few lines you didn't know what they led to in your day, Merf? :lol:

LongballMG

i've seen the wonderful detail in the queue and it looks great.

But the plain steel switchbacks is a disappointment, especially awkwardly placed in a nice area.

The new sign helps people know that something is there so i don't think generating a line should be a problem.

i.e. unless you turned the corner in TK's later years, you didn't know anything was there.

I just think that people hate long lines and if they can see the line in switchbacks they won't wait. If people were just hoarded in and they fit as many guests in as possible it would be better.

For example, has anyone waited in the long extended queue outside of Muppet Vision.

It's rarely used b/c they can fit so many people in the building and people won't wait 3 shows. (the usual wait from the covered queue).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom