Epcot's Pin Traders and Camera Center to reopen in December

DisneyFreak

Time to dust off this bad boy.

1574089413143.png

DisneyDreamerxyz

I'm confused though. Will it still be called Camera Center? or is it Pin Central?

I assume the name Pin Central came in part to mean "the main place for pins" but also that it's in the center of Epcot. Camera Center sounds outdated even if it's still going to be a photopass spot. Maybe they should call it "Pins and Photos" ;)

ToTBellHop

I'm confused though. Will it still be called Camera Center? or is it Pin Central?

I assume the name Pin Central came in part to mean "the main place for pins" but also that it's in the center of Epcot. Camera Center sounds outdated even if it's still going to be a photopass spot. Maybe they should call it "Pins and Photos" ;)
It will be the Timeless Magical Disney Family Store.

Epcot82Guy

Mickey's Pintastic Cameriffic Poking Profit Experience

Goofnut1980

This is a great addition to the park. I just can't wait to be first in line! I bet people will line up like they did for Star Wars Land! :hilarious:

Figments Friend

Maybe i am showing my age, but....

Remember back in the day you used to be able to 'rent a Kodak camera' at EPCOT Center's Camera Center?
Guests would put down a deposit , $30 at the time, i believe....about the price of a Day Ticket.
And off they went, snapping lots of photographs of the family and sights as well as taking full advantage of the multiple 'Kodak Camera Spots'
At the end of your visit, you returned the camera ( taking the film spools inside with you ) and collected your deposit.
It was a nice option for Guests wanting to take some pictures, as well as a clever marketing strategy by Kodak to get the latest models of cameras into potential customers hands.
;)

Also, remember 'film processing'..?
Yeah, you know...back before digital photography and hand held devices providing instant gratification existed.
You had to actually WAIT two hours or perhaps even two days before being able to see the images you shot.
But at WDW, you need not journey off-Property to see if you had managed to capture that dimly lit Show scene in one of the dark rides or little Timmy's rare chance encounter with Mickey Mouse.
The Parks offered film developing for a short time, processing all of those snapshots into crisp Kodak Color prints ....unless of course it was a 'Kodak DISC Camera.
In which case the shots were all horrifically fuzzy due to the microscopic negatives on said 'disc'...but Disney offered to develop them for you, regardless!

And speaking of film....
Remember FILM..??
Thin strips of celluloid stretched between the metal pins inside of your camera of choice.
The Camera Center used to sell bucket loads of film spools daily, but much to the frustration of photography buffs, they only offered Kodak products.
Forget it if you needed some other type of emulsion, or Fuji Film !
Nope, not in 'the World' back then when Kodak was the official sponsor!

:)

-

Last edited:

DisneyFreak

Maybe i am showing my age, but....

Remember back in the day you used to be able to 'rent a Kodak camera' at EPCOT Center's Camera Center?
Guests would put down a deposit , $30 at the time, i believe....about the price of a Day Ticket.
And off they went, snapping lots of photographs of the family and sights as well as taking full advantage of the multiple 'Kodak Camera Spots'
At the end of your visit, you returned the camera ( taking the film spools inside with you ) and collected your deposit.
It was a nice option for Guests wanting to take some pictures, as well as a clever marketing strategy by Kodak to get the latest models of cameras into potential customers hands.
;)

Also, remember 'film processing'..?
Yeah, you know...back before digital photography and hand held devices providing instant gratification existed.
You had to actually WAIT two hours or perhaps even two days before being able to see the images you shot.
But at WDW, you need not journey off-Property to see if you had managed to capture that dimly lit Show scene in one of the dark rides or little Timmy's rare chance encounter with Mickey Mouse.
The Parks offered film developing for a short time, processing all of those snapshots into crisp Kodak Color prints ....unless of course it was a 'Kodak DISC Camera.
In which case the shots were all horrifically fuzzy due to the microscopic negatives on said 'disc'...but Disney offered to develop them for you, regardless!

And speaking of film....
Remember FILM..??
Thin strips of celluloid stretched between the metal pins inside of your camera of choice.
The Camera Center used to sell bucket loads of film spools daily, but much to the frustration of photography buffs, they only offered Kodak products.
Forget it if you needed some other type of emulsion, or Fuji Film !
Nope, not in 'the World' back then when Kodak was the official sponsor!

:)

-

#whenKodakwasking

Monorail_Red_77

That's what I thought. I know they were both open beyond the other 9/29 closures but I imagine they're not long for this world.
Yes, my guess is early December or early January. Probably will line up with Electric Umbrella Closure. Every time I see them lately, I think WOW its still open. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom