News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

dreday3

We decided NOT to buy them based on past defunct things such as Glow With The Show, My Pal Mickey, and the light up buttons from 100 Years of Magic.

Well, I assume they will work with the new show at least.
Not sure if we will have Enchantment or HEA version in April.

I'll just plan to wave at a lot of gold statues...if they are still there when we go after the 50th. 😂

Magic Feather

Admittedly, this project's seeming scope came out of nowhere for me. I had heard about a potential switch in show, but always assumed it would at least use the compass barges (the tacos). EF supposedly being brought back inclines me to think that we are staring down the barrel of a much bigger change. Then again, between remembering how long it took to build Harmonious's barges and the public target of late 2023 for the new new show, I can't help but figure that some of Harmonious's infrastructure would be reused in some capacity. Especially so when considering to obscene cost of them. The reuse capacity is what I'm personally struggling to grapple with. Sure, switching out the centerpiece feels like a no brainer. But I doubt switching the ring for an amped up fountain+inferno barge (pure spec) would take long enough to justify EF coming back. It feels like that could be done just by going dark for a week, if that.

SoFloMagic

True, but there clearly was a different between Epcot Forever and Harmonious at least from an intentions perspective.
Yet epcot forever is gonna end up running longer

Edit:

Maybe they should just call it temporary and steer into the skid. They already replaced a temporary show with a temporary show minus kites, with a show so bad it became temporary, with a temporary show, with a temporary show

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

i was a terrible show and thank god its going. plus i hope all those barges get taken out, really ruined the view and feel of world showcase. Too bad we have to wait till march. yes i hate it that much...
I personally didn't care for it myself, especially after loving ROE so much, but I understand it had its own audience.

My biggest hope is a return to a cleared lagoon in the daytime. So many sightlines have been ruined by those barges.

trainplane3

Could they move the Stargate and the tacos out overnight or over a period of nights and then disassemble backstage?
There's barely enough room in the marina to hold everything. So if everything gets shifted to backstage in one night, that could mean it'll be a fast change. I'd imagine the pyro crews want their space:

Lets remember the middle ring is 3 barges bolted together:

See how wide it is compared to the tacos? That's not going to make it through the gap in one night unless they really hustle the teardown process. It needs to be moved out one section at a time:

Moving the ring backstage will require at least a few days. There's more to it then unbolt and move. There's pumps, electrical, and other doodads in there that need properly disconnected.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Here’s a happy thought: as they tug these barges away, there will come a second when the barges will actually be centered as you enter World Showcase.

And then a moment later, they’ll be brought out back and put-down.

And then the world will still be awful and depressing. But a little bit less awful and depressing.

TheMaxRebo

There's barely enough room in the marina to hold everything. So if everything gets shifted to backstage in one night, that could mean it'll be a fast change. I'd imagine the pyro crews want their space:

Lets remember the middle ring is 3 barges bolted together:

See how wide it is compared to the tacos? That's not going to make it through the gap in one night unless they really hustle the teardown process. It needs to be moved out one section at a time:

Moving the ring backstage will require at least a few days. There's more to it then unbolt and move. There's pumps, electrical, and other doodads in there that need properly disconnected.

Maybe more reason to replace at least that part of the structure - and ideally something pricing a 360 degree viewing

aladdin2007

Admittedly, this project's seeming scope came out of nowhere for me. I had heard about a potential switch in show, but always assumed it would at least use the compass barges (the tacos). EF supposedly being brought back inclines me to think that we are staring down the barrel of a much bigger change. Then again, between remembering how long it took to build Harmonious's barges and the public target of late 2023 for the new new show, I can't help but figure that some of Harmonious's infrastructure would be reused in some capacity. Especially so when considering to obscene cost of them. The reuse capacity is what I'm personally struggling to grapple with. Sure, switching out the centerpiece feels like a no brainer. But I doubt switching the ring for an amped up fountain+inferno barge (pure spec) would take long enough to justify EF coming back. It feels like that could be done just by going dark for a week, if that.
With that being said, Im getting the feeling now they just want rid of all of this, physically and erasing the memory of the mess. Its more costly to run and maintain than it is to keep or even reuse them. Not saying they wont, just saying its starting to feel more evident that a different approach may be at play, and that they are going a whole different direction here, especially after steve's hopeful hinting comments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom