News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

gerarar

Premium Member
If Epcot Forever makes a temporary return, replace "A Whole New World" with Harmonius's "Someday" finale, albeit without the use of the barges as they (supposedly) get removed from the lagoon.

I honestly thought Someday was an original song for the show because I never heard of it before, until I did some research after seeing the show in-person.

And to be completely honest, the Someday finale, pyro-rise, doesn't even use the barges much. A few comets launch from the center stargate, but that's all. Its true power draws from the pyro barges that get floated out daily and the perimeter launchers. That's sufficient enough for a new EF finale, imo.

dreday3

If Epcot Forever makes a return, replace "A Whole New World" with Harmonius's "Someday" finale, albeit without the use of the barges as they (supposedly) get removed from the lagoon.

I honestly thought Someday was an original song for the show because I never heard of it before, until I did some research after seeing the show in-person.

And to be completely honest, the Someday finale, pyro-rise, doesn't even use the barges much. A few comets launch from the center stargate, but that's all. Its true power draws from the pyro barges that get floated out daily and the perimeter launchers. That's sufficient enough for a new EF finale, imo.

Someday is such a beautiful song.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Exactly. Give them whizz bangs and they’ll be happy. Give those who care more, should they want to find it.

Much like riding BTM because it’s a “coaster”. Or you can dig deeper and understand the backstory and what every area represents. Especially BTM Paris - it can be enjoyed on multiple levels from most shallow to very deep.
I think this is an excellent point. The brilliance of yesteryear Disney is that they completely understood this. They made 1982 - 1992ish Epcot inclusive to all guests, whether they appreciated/understood the theme & backstory or not. By default, you garnered admiration from all.

trainplane3

Heh.
Just talked to the family about this. We're happy this trip will be the last time we see Harmonious. Kind of looking forward to it knowing the next time we're back we'll most likely have whatever is after EF.

bcoachable

I just hope they use an original score again.

Hands down, the best part about Illuminations was the music. I still get chills when I listen to it.
Listen to it all the time…
Am I the only one that puts the soundtrack on before I enter the car wash? ;)
(And space ship earth, and soarin, etc… and yes, I keep my cars clean!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom