News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Despite some chill wind, it seems like we will have perimeters. 3 Pyro Tech crews out as of 8:35.

20231205_203346.jpg

JediMasterMatt

Despite some chill wind, it seems like we will have perimeters. 3 Pyro Tech crews out as of 8:35.

View attachment 757710
Unless this show has a completely different safety protocol, loading the perimeter/sea wall launchers in advance of the show is normal. They won't be armed at this point. It's the next check in the last 30 minutes where they are armed and even then - they are subject to cancellation even after the show starts.

Still, it's a good sign they are out there.

I have noticed in the past that the premier of a new show seems to have a bit more leeway in making sure everything goes off.

**Looking at the clock, they may be arming them now. Didn't realize it was this late.

jrhwdw

All of you who are there, please sign the following pledge:

I solemnly swear that I will give my true, honest, non-pixie-dusted opinion of Luminous after I have seen it.

I could very easily this becoming "OMG amazing OMG amazing, etc. etc. etc." so I personally would appreciate total honesty in what you see tonight.
I don’t want total negative feedback either......

wutisgood

Some people who saw harmonious likes it a lot initially and maintained that view. I do wonder if it just had a lot to do with getting a better spot and how much those people were soured from the barges being out during the day.

Vinnie Mac

All of you who are there, please sign the following pledge:

I solemnly swear that I will give my true, honest, non-pixie-dusted opinion of Luminous after I have seen it.

I could very easily this becoming "OMG amazing OMG amazing, etc. etc. etc." so I personally would appreciate total honesty in what you see tonight.
Not making the same mistake with Harmonious. Going to give my raw honest opinion in 4 days when I see it in person

wutisgood

They seem to currently be broadcasting from Candlelight.

Edited to add: Duh. They start at 9:30 right now because of Candlelight. Still plenty of time for them to cut over to Luminous at 9:30. Carry on. 🤣🤣
Is the park not crowded as hell? Did they just say excuse me and cut in front? Haven't a lot of people been there for hours for prime spots?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom