Epcot's 25th at EE Grand Open (4/1)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney has finally set the pans for Epcot's 25th in stone and will be making major announcements at the Everest grand opening.

First off, they're kicking thing off in September 2007. It'll be the "Future of Celebrations!" and they want to kick things off in a grand way. SSE is getting a "new and exciting" look. I'm not sure I would call it that... It's this birthday layover thing, to be perfectly honest i'm not sure I really like...

kugels.jpg

Atleast the wand is gone.. but I dunno.. maybe SSE would look better with a blue bow? You can see in the concept art, the new rainforest roller coaster everyone has been talking about. Construction is expected to begin in June, with the pathways between Living Seas and the Land to close from time to time to allow crane access to the area.

After the initial "big ugly bow" they're planning to keep making SSE over for each Holiday throughout the year. Things like a giant christmas ornament, easter egg, smiling sunshine for the summer.. I don't know if this is the direction I want Epcot taking.. but I like the Halloween look.. it's umm.. cheerful..

img00132171.jpg

Anyways, happy April Fools Day everyone.. and I think anyone who actually beleive that "Eurosat" monstrosity at Europa Park looks like SSE deserves to be confused ;) And aren't we luckey they don't do this to our beloved ball?

RobGraves

mousermerf said:
Anyways, happy April Fools Day everyone.. and I think anyone who actually beleive that "Eurosat" monstrosity at Europa Park looks like SSE deserves to be confused ;) And aren't we luckey they don't do this to our beloved ball?

Eurosat is awesome... and well, it sorta does look like SSE.

JuanD_20k

mousermerf said:
Disney has finally set the pans for Epcot's 25th in stone and will be making major announcements at the Everest grand opening.

They are actually doing this... well they are making an announcement on the future of the parks from Al Weiss.

MickeyTigg

mousermerf said:

First off, they're kicking thing off in September 2007. It'll be the "Future of Celebrations!" and they want to kick things off in a grand way. SSE is getting a "new and exciting" look. I'm not sure I would call it that... It's this birthday layover thing, to be perfectly honest i'm not sure I really like...

kugels.jpg

Atleast the wand is gone.. but I dunno.. maybe SSE would look better with a blue bow? You can see in the concept art, the new rainforest roller coaster everyone has been talking about. Construction is expected to begin in June, with the pathways between Living Seas and the Land to close from time to time to allow crane access to the area.

After the initial "big ugly bow" they're planning to keep making SSE over for each Holiday throughout the year. Things like a giant christmas ornament, easter egg, smiling sunshine for the summer.. I don't know if this is the direction I want Epcot taking.. but I like the Halloween look.. it's umm.. cheerful..

img00132171.jpg

The rollercoaster in the background kinda gave it away.

:rolleyes:

gsimpson

nicely done

It is nice to finally have an April fools that shows creativity and talent! Well done. Having seen the asthetic travesty they commited in "decorating" Cindy's castle on the MK's birthday we can only hope that no one gets any ideas from you work!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom