Epcot?

laxchik18

Yes definitely a full day park! They haves some great rides but they sometimes have long waits so it may take a while. You could also spend a good hour in innovations. They may not seem interested other countries right now, but once you get there you can't resist going over and checking them out. Once you see the, you'll see there is a lot for the kids to do, and great food! I'd make it at least a full day, maybe two

Bama14

It is refreshing to hear of a child that age who is genuinely interested in the learning & culture of Epcot, and not simply looking for rides...rides...RIDES...and princessy-delights like so many other children. Good for him!

Epcot is our favorite park as well, and seldom can be done all in one day.
Well I'm working on a Master's in History and I have a double major in History and Art History for my Bachelors so he has grown up going to museums and learning about different cultures. He actually really enjoys it though.

spiritofNorway

It takes almost a day to just walk through Epcot. Also they may not care about the "countries" per se, but they probably would enjoy the attractions within them. The film in Canada, The music in Great Briton, Great film in France, The drums in Japan, the Miniature Train in Germany, The film in China, The Maelstrom in Denmark, The Boat Ride in Mexico and even the American Adventure. I'm sure there are others that I have forgotten. There are actually more things to do in World Showcase then in Future World.

Couple that with The Seas, The Land, Energy, Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space (depending on their age) and ending the day with Illuminations. You have easily used up a whole day.
Find one error...

I_heart_Tigger

I guess it depends on the kids. My niece loved it at age 5, 8 and 11. We go at least two days. One full day for Future World and the Norway and Mexico boat ride and another full day just for the showcase.

She enjoys the shops, trying on clothes in Morocco, seeing the toys in Japan, the cuckoo clocks in Germany. She tries on a sombrero and gets her photo in Mexico. Her favourite quick service is Morocco, 2nd favourite is Japan. She did the Kim Possible adventure when it was there and enjoyed that. We also manage to get in a lot of character visits there.

We gave her her own camera and she got a photo of one CM from each country and got them to sign her autograph book. She had a pressed penny book on one trip and made sure to get one from each country.

If you make it interesting, it will be interesting. If you make it seem like its a dull place for kids, your kids will be bored. There's bound to be something there they enjoy, you just have to figure out what will appeal to your child and play that up.

lisa1018

A good idea might be to get a park hopper option. That way, even if you don't get everything done and want to go back and do some more rides in the future world, you don't have to spend the entire day there so your kids don't get bored.

The Empress Lilly

EPCOT takes three whole days just to see it all. Horizons, WoM, Imagination are massive E-tickets through lavishly decorated life-size sets. Their rides alone take fifteen minutes each, and, in the finest tradition of Walt siting on a bench thinking up something to enjoy for both parent and kid together, both the adults and the kids love them in equal measure! Then there are the great post-shows with lots of fun things to do, including for young ones. Games, shows, hands-on fun. You can spend all afternoon. You may even learn a thing or two!

Then there is the impressive Energy pavilion, with its avant-garde 'kinetic mosaic' preshow which is a genius attraction in its own right. Genius, that is, until you see the even more impressive 360 degree laser room, with its rousing score.

Communicore are two giant, open buildings full of wonder and diverse amusement and exhibits. While over at...

....wait. Wrong decade.

/ Yes, yes, we shall never shut up about the 1990s Epcotalypse. They took the world's greatest theme park and turned it into something that people ask if it is worth more than half a day. Hrmpf. :oops:

Obi Walt Kenobi

My family needs a full day there, and we have three little girls, We always spend too much time in the seas, it's almost a half day. Other highlights for little ones, spaceship earth they feel like they really went to space when you reach the top. The land boat ride and timon and pumba movie, character connection which can take quit sometime. Our kids would never skip imagination and it never has a wait, I feel bad for them they never saw the old version. Kids love the Mexico pavilion and boat ride. If they are older my oldest is eight and loves test track soarin and Norway, that's not counting lunch dinner, fireworks, and all the other characters and shows you run into. Full day indeed!

WED99

When I was 8 I remember not wanting the check out the countries because I thought it would be boring. By the end of the day I was in love with them! Epcot is definitely full day!

Ginzuishou

A friend and I managed to spend an entire day (morning until fireworks) at EPCOT (we are age 35). Since we chose only one park, we explored EVERYTHING and found a lot of fun stuff.

There is definitely enough to keep everyone interested, and if someone gets bored, just move on to the next thing.

FULL DAY PARK

Susan Savia

We always go to Epcot at rope drop and usually leave after dark. Just too much to see and do. Many times we'll finish AK or HS (half day parks for us) and finish up the day back at Epcot.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We gave her her own camera and she got a photo of one CM from each country and got them to sign her autograph book. She had a pressed penny book on one trip and made sure to get one from each country.

Great idea to get a picture with the CM that signs their autograph book or passport. I'm going to do this next time with my kids.

JIMINYCR

When I was 8 I remember not wanting the check out the countries because I thought it would be boring. By the end of the day I was in love with them! Epcot is definitely full day!

When my son was younger ( around 8 years old too ) he too wasnt enthused about visiting Epcot but as we progressed around the countries he found out how interesting it could be, especially after he began interacting with the CM's who talked about their country. He loved history so when we reached American Adventure he loved the show, the various old flags, and the historical exhibit. So it depends on what would fascinate each young kid to determine if they find enough to make it a days visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom