Epcot?

wareagle93

Original Poster
Would you consider Epcot to be a full day with kids who don't care much about the countries? Is there enough rides to make the day, or should I add the hopper option to our tickets?

DisneyBeatles

My family has never really considered EPCOT a full day park because there wasn't really much that interested us. Now that there's 2 teenagers and 3 adults, we spend a little more time there, but still don't consider it a full day one. I would go for the park hopper option

Goofyernmost

Would you consider Epcot to be a full day with kids who don't care much about the countries? Is there enough rides to make the day, or should I add the hopper option to our tickets?
It takes almost a day to just walk through Epcot. Also they may not care about the "countries" per se, but they probably would enjoy the attractions within them. The film in Canada, The music in Great Briton, Great film in France, The drums in Japan, the Miniature Train in Germany, The film in China, The Maelstrom in Denmark, The Boat Ride in Mexico and even the American Adventure. I'm sure there are others that I have forgotten. There are actually more things to do in World Showcase then in Future World.

Couple that with The Seas, The Land, Energy, Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space (depending on their age) and ending the day with Illuminations. You have easily used up a whole day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I don't know we always wind up spending 3 days there. The seas can take quite a while to truly enjoy!! TT was just redone, if they don't like the countries per say there are alot of entertainers in World Showcase that are quite good. Some of the best food on property!!!!! Illuminations. The staff at the kidcot stops keep the children quite amused. I couldn't picture doing even the bare bones in one day!!

BigRedDad

I am going in 5 weeks and doubt I will go there this trip. The reason is my daughter tolerates it. Epcot is simply not kid friendly in my opinion. There are a few kids attractions, but not enough. We are going to hit Typhoon Lagoon twice while there if the weather is right. Much more fun for her to do that. My enjoyment comes from her being happy.

If my daughter was not there, then it is a different story and with a different group. Sitting and having drinks around the world is fun. Definitely not something a 7yo enjoys.

juniorthomas

Definitely a full day park. Lots of rides and entertainment options. A big part of it, however is that the bigger rides tend to have the longest wait times in the park. So a half day definitely wouldn't work. Also, the fireworks at night are a nice way to close it out

juniorthomas

Though I suppose your activities will be determined by how old your children are. Really young kids, maybe it doesn't warrant a full day.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We did 2 half days on our last trip. My kids were 11 months and almost 3. My daughter loved WS. She got to meet lots of characters, got her passport stamped in all the countries. We also let her get a presses penny in each country. She like trying lots of different snacks from around the world.

In the front half of the park she enjoyed the Seas and went on the Nemo ride twice. She like the imagination ride too. As they get older and taller there is even more things for them to do.

KCheatle

We consider it 1 1/2 days. We will usually go for an evening and eat dinner in one of the countries and walk around the world showcase. We ride on the Mexico ride and Norway ride, we like to meet the princesses, we like the American Adventure and the candy lady in Japan. Sometimes we'll go to the French movie if we have time. Then we'll go back the next day early and go on the rides in future world, eat again in one of the countries (food can't be beat) and then go back for more rides. It's a big park so the walking takes awhile.

draybook

Do the Agent P adventure through World Showcase and the kids will care about the countries. You will then have no problem spending the entire day there.

This couldn't be more true! My son and I spent about 2.5 hours doing this, and then we were joined by my wife and daughter and spent another 2. We actually missed out on a few other things because of this. If I had my way, we'd do 2 days at Epcot.

Sneezy62

Epcot is like anyplace else, it is what you make of it. My wife and I took our first trip a few years ago and she was adamant that it sounded boring and not Disney like at all. I wanted to go just so I could ride the monorail from the MK. We were very sad that we had planned only half a day, so we cut our day at DHS short just so we could take the boat ride bacK to Epcot the next day. We are so looking forward to taking our kids as soon as they are old enough to enjoy WDW. They are 3, 1 and in utero and we don't really want to carry a one year old and a newborn around. Once the new baby is 2 or so so we'll be showing all of them the fun to be found in Epcot.

GeoDonJac34

We normally spend two days at Epcot during our trips. We always spend quite a bit of time exploring the countries, but on our last trip DS13 brought along a friend who was noticeably bored in the World Showcase. We cut our time short on this trip. I guess it really depends on the kids. DS really enjoys spending time there. His friend not so much.

Shadowgate

For my family it is a 1.5 to 2.5 day park over a "normal" 7 to 9 day trip. My daughter has always like Epcot ever since she first went at age 4 and that includes the World Showcase. My daughter loves all the countries and thier food, shopping and seeing the characters available there. Plus she enjoys the nightime show nearly as much as MK's fireworks. Part of that is probably due to my wife and I loving all of those things... well maybe all other than the shopping bit! :)

midwest_mice

Easily a full day park with kids. Last week we took family with us with two kids and we they barely got to see everything they wanted to. Future World alone has enough things to see. Now if Horizons was still open...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom