EPCOT vs Hollywood Studios

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

JusticeDisney

I strongly disagree on the attraction lineup -- it's not close to what it was 25 years ago. EPCOT used to have several of the best attractions WDW has ever built anywhere; now it has one (Spaceship Earth) and it's not even as good as it used to be.

I know people love Guardians, and I think it's fine, but it's not a top 10 ride at WDW for me. It's an improvement over Ellen's Energy Adventure since that ride was tremendously outdated, but they could have done something better in that spot IMO. Everything else there is worse than what it replaced. Mission: SPACE isn't even comparable to Horizons, Test Track is fun but not as good as World of Motion, and JIYI is an embarrassment compared to the original Imagination attraction (all three of those were top 10 all time WDW attractions). Beyond that, most of the pavilions used to have various other activities/shows that no longer exist.

EPCOT used to have the best attraction lineup anywhere -- even with the recent construction, it's still in a fight for last place with DHS.
I certainly respect your opinion, but with Soarin, Test Track, Guardians and Remy’s, I’ll take that any day over any other collection of rides that the park as ever had. Again, however, to each his own.

As for Guardians, again we disagree. For me and my family, it is a top three ride anywhere on property, and maybe even the best.

UNCgolf

I certainly respect your opinion, but with Soarin, Test Track, Guardians and Remy’s, I’ll take that any day over any other collection of rides that the park as ever had. Again, however, to each his own.

As for Guardians, again we disagree. For me and my family, it is a top three ride anywhere on property, and maybe even the best.

I'd rather ride the early 1990s EPCOT attraction lineup (especially World of Motion, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, and Journey into Imagination) than any other collection of rides at any park. Having stuff like original Seabase Alpha (still one of the best overall executions of any concept Disney has done IMO) and all of the extra pavilion activities is just a huge bonus.

But like you said, it's all subjective opinion!

JusticeDisney

I'd rather ride the early 1990s EPCOT attraction lineup (especially World of Motion, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, and Journey into Imagination) than any other collection of rides at any park. Having stuff like original Seabase Alpha (still one of the best overall executions of any concept Disney has done IMO) and all of the extra pavilion activities is just a huge bonus.

But like you said, it's all subjective opinion!
You definitely do have me feeling pretty nostalgic!

JIMINYCR

For quite some time I was a bigger fan of DHS but over the years EP grew on me and has altered my opinion of it. Still I fit 2 full days of each park during our visits.

tanc

Honestly I really miss the old MGM/HS with Toy Story Mania. I will admit I still have yet to ride Rise but I just am not a huge fan of the additions and removals they have done. Sunset boulevard certainly doesn't feel like the main center of the park and the removal of GMR was quite sad. GMR was a fantastic way to introduce children into classic films. A golden age of Hollywood. I know it was likely removed due to licensing issues but some of the films in there were just incredible.

I really just did not like the new train ride. It felt like Disney took an abandoned warehouse and stuffed a few props and projectors into it. Idk that's just me though I guess.

Unfortunately I never experienced Epcot in its prime but the experience is still one of the best feelings in the world. The world showcase is a dream come true for someone who can't spend the money to visit a country. I like to go and speak Japanese to the cast members and the amount of appreciation they have when a guest can speak their language is remarkable.

The mouse gear was the best store on property, there were numerous times I found things I could not find anywhere else there. Sad to see that go... but alternatively I am glad that epcot is getting some love.

UpAllNight

Epcot. I feel you can have a good day there without Genie +. Studios, hmm not so much.

We all called it when they cut the rumoured 3rd land from the expansion that what they added wasn't enough. It's fantastic, but not enough. The park has better highlights, but just needs more to make for an enjoyable experience.

The queues are still absolute chaos every day at Studios.

FutureCEO

Even with the so called improvements to Epcot (declining since Frozen), I would take it over MGM due to the crowds. I pray that Disney doesn't bleep up my favorite park, Animal Kingdom but it's bound to happen soon.

gitchard

I really can't choose. The both have their advantages and disadvantages. Being a local annual passholder, it depends on how I am feeling at the time I choose a park.

tpoly88

I hear what you’re saying, but in my personal opinion Epcot is well on its way to being the best version of itself that it has ever been. The dining options are as good as ever, and the overall lineup of attractions is also better than at any time in the past, especially with the recent addition of Guardians. Once all the current construction is resolved (if that ever occurs, lol), I think the place is going to be spectacular.
I can see the point about the 20yrs ago, i feel that way sometimes. MGM was good but you could do the whole park in 3 -4hrs max. Backlot tour and the stunt show were fun but youre not doing it everytime you go. Same with the shows, how many times could you watch indiana jones or fantasmic. the rides there now are good, its just that it is so crowded there now and every ride is an hr or more. i think they need some more of the attractions that suck up a lot of guests at once to distribute the crowd a little. Doesn't do it for me over there anymore. Epcot is my pick but i wish theyd get the central area done and change that blasted Harmonious! Someone mentioned an updated illuminations which i agree. hate seeing that stuff in the lake all day. I do have to say that now Remy and GoG is there its changed the park a lot for the better and i always enjoy the festivals and the food at Epcot. Epcot hands down!

Walt Disney1955

Epcot wins here, doesn't it? Anyway I voted for it. Partly because there isn't a place like Epcot anywhere else. It is very unique. It never feels crammed to me, never has overbearing lines (to my standard at least) and back in 2018 we finished Test Track right before the fireworks show and that concluded every single attraction in the park. Our feet were burning and killing us by 9:30pm but it was worth it. Easily the 2nd best WDW park. I guess some pick it #1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom