Epcot Tour Tips?

MouseCrazy

What is interesting to see in the Future World Section of Epcot lately? I am not so much interested in information about rides, but wish to know where I can get a bit of information on what's inside the science pavillions.

SewIn2Disney

Lots! Let's see.....

In Innoventions, they just opened an area where you can try out a segway for free. Apparantly, you only go down a small aisle and back, but it's still cool!

Also in Innoventions, check out the house of the future, it's kind of a short tour/presentation thing.

One more thing in Innoventions, go to the "Fantastic Plastic" section. First you learn how plastics are manufactured and used, then in teams, you build a virtual robot, and race it against everyone elses robot (with you running on a special mat to make the robot move) then finally you get to build your own FREE robot at the end and take it home.....really fun!

In the Land, you MUST check out Soarin, and I personally love Living with the Land. They also have a short tour for $12 called Behind the Seeds, which I plan to take when I go in two weeks, I let you know how it is.

Over at the Living Seas, Turtle Talk is another must see. Through computer animation and disney magic, Crush from Finding Nemo interacts with the audience.

I dont know if you plan on doing Mission Space, but you should definately check out the post-show area, where they have a play area, places where you can send video postcards for free via the internet, and play a multi-player Space Race game that's a lot of fun.

I hope that helps!

Upvote 0

kennygman77

SewIn2Disney said:
Over at the Living Seas, Turtle Talk is another must see. Through computer animation and disney magic, Crush from Finding Nemo interacts with the audience.

That was a blast! My son was one of the kids picked. I love how the turtle stays in character and describes the kids shirts as "shells."

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Yeah, if you want to "get your hands dirty" on some science stuff, it's all about Innoventions and the Greenhouse tour at the Land. There's also lots of stuff to play with at the Imageworks lab in Imagination.

If you wanna go ahead and drop some coin, maybe you'd be interested in the Undiscovered Future World tour? Lots of discussion of the theme of each pavilion and some behind-the-scenes peeks, too. Do a forum search for tons of reviews and such on the tour. Costs about the same as park admission (you'll pay your regular park admission, then roughly that much again to get on the tour). The tour burns about half a day. Reserve by calling 407-WDW-TOUR.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom