epcot to mgm

Maria

Yes, you take it from IG (next to the UK Pavillion) and if I recall correctly, it will make stops at the Boardwalk resorts and then go to The Studios. You can also walk to there.

Upvote 0

jrashadb

If I were you, I'd just drive. It's probably faster. Many a time, I've caught a 7 p.m. Fantasmic, got in my car, driven to Epcot, gotten a margarita or a fine whiskey from teh R&C and had time to find a nice place to watch Illuminations.
Fun times.

Upvote 0

goofyman

Originally posted by Maria
Yes, you take it from IG (next to the UK Pavillion) and if I recall correctly, it will make stops at the Boardwalk resorts and then go to The Studios. You can also walk to there.

The boat is the way to go. But like maria says it does stop at BC and Boardwalk before MGM but it is a quick nice ride

Upvote 0

Nansafan

When going from MGM to EPCOT, does it make the same stops or is it a circle type the the boat that connect GF/Poly/MK? For example, the boat in 7 seas lagoon goes from the MK to GF to Poly. From Poly, the first stop is the MK.

Upvote 0

Sherm00

The boat goes from International gateway, to the Boardwalk to the Beach club to the Swan/Dolphin then to MGM. and from MGM it dose the trip in reverse. it's a nice ride. also if you feel energetic you can walk from epcot to MGM. you have to walk past the boardwalk, but there are some really cool shops and resturants there.

Upvote 0

lt-hambone

Originally posted by madhatter
so the options are bus, boat, car ,or walk then?

Yes -

I think walking is the quickest way. It's just over a mile, and can be done in about 15 minutes if you keep a nice and steady pace. My wife and I walked from MGM after Fantasmic to Epcot for a 7:20 PS, and made it with about five minutes to spare!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

MGM WDWFan

I'm with the walking crowd here. You can take the boat ride, and that's kinda neat to do once, but it's just so much easier to enjoy the weather and to enjoy the experience if you're walking to MGM. I discourage you from driving at all costs because it's not worth it and it'll take you a while to get from your car to the park.

Plus, the walk back to Epcot is fantastic when you walk along the BoardWalk. Spaceship Earth is so beautiful to look at when it's shimmering under those lights.

Upvote 0

Invero

The boat takes about a half hour to get from Epcot to the Studios... and then another half hour for the return trip. Boats typically run every 10 or 20 minutes, depending on time of day. Walking can take 15-30 minutes, depending on your pace.

There is also a Epcot to Studios bus at the Front of Epcot. That bus runs every 15 minutes, and it's a 10 minute ride.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by madhatter
we would be going in dec w/ a 5 yo ,2yo & 6month old. would you still suggest walking?

I'd suggest the boat. You probably won't have to fold the stroller (although sometimes they do ask), and the boat is climate controlled.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I'd suggest the boat. You probably won't have to fold the stroller (although sometimes they do ask), and the boat is climate controlled.

I definitely second Tyler! Your kids will love it, it will give you a nice 30 mins. break and you won´t have to walk to the entrance of the park to take the bus. Plan your day to be at WSC when you plan on going to the Studios. (I´m guessing in the evening). :animwink:

Upvote 0

lt-hambone

Don't Forget The Shortcut!

If you do walk.....

As you come upon the Boardwalk Inn, cut across the sidewalk/grass on your right to the Boardwalk parking lot, then walk to the main entrance of the Boardwalk. To the right of the main entrence is a set of stairs that goes down to the boardwalk. Take them down to the boardwalk, walk straight to the water, and hang a right. Keep walking to Epcot.

If you do not go this way, you'll be walking all the way around the Boardwalk Villas!

This shortcut should shave about ten minutes off of your walk!

Have Fun!

PS - For younger kids, yes, the boat is your best bet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom