Epcot to MGM and other questions

SweetJulia

Hi, I have a few questions about an upcoming trip. How long is the walk between Epcot and MGM? Is it faster to take a boat from one of the Epcot hotels?

Also, if I go to MK on the day of MVMCP, what happens during the hour after the park closes, before the party starts? Can I get a party wristband earlier to save time? (is there an hour when none of the rides are open?)

Thanks!
Jen :)

ctwhalerman

It's sometimes quicker to walk from Epcot to MGM, as the boats are notoriously slow, in my opinion at least, and waiting for one will also eat up time.

I've never done the Christmas Party, but I know from the old E-Ride nights a few years ago that you can get your wristband earlier, but the rides are still closed for an hour so they can kick out all the other guests before the event begins, and MVMCP probably works the same way. They will let you in the queue for various rides if you have a wristband around closing time, but you will still have to wait an hour in line (found that out the hard way on Space Mountain).

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Walk vs. ride is pretty much dead even. If the boat is waiting or just pulling up to the dock take it. If it is nowhere to be seen walking will be the best bet.
Generally for the hard ticket events like MVMCP and MNSSHP you are allowed in the park 2 hours before the event officially begins.

Upvote 0

loriwdunn

I've waited for both the bus and the boat from MGM to EPCOT. I ended up walking. It's not the shortest walk, but it's not that bad. You probably will get there faster.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I took the boat and could not believe how slow it was. I was in a rush at the time and i was rather impatient. So if you are not in a rush its a nice boat ride.

Upvote 0

SweetJulia

Original Poster
Thanks for the help everyone! Looks like I'll just walk from Epcot to MGM, I get impatient waiting for transportation.

If they let people into the Christmas party 2 hours early, can they go on rides like daytime guests or do they have to wait somewhere until the park closes?

Jen :)

Upvote 0

scarfoney

Last year rides in FrontierLand were open, but all the rest were closed about an hour before the party started. We went and ate and then rode the rides we could. It was pretty nice because there was no wait at all. Be ready to show your wrist bands though, they asked to see them a lot. Have fun....it's was a blast!!:wave:

Upvote 0

swimmom

The year before Tomorrowland was open, so we got over to Tomorrowland to find out that Frontierland was open between park closing and MVMCP starting. You may want to ask what will be open when you pick up your wristband.

We have always taken the boat between MGM & Epcot. Yes you could probably walk there faster, but it's a nice to get off your feet if you could use a break.

Upvote 0

SweetJulia

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help! It seems like a good idea to just go to MK for the whole day then. What's the best day of the week to go? Do any days sell out more often than others?

Upvote 0

jeffs10

I think the only way to really enjoy the magic kingdom is to walk from epcot to mgm or vice versa. I do it about 5 time a trip but i have never timed it. I say it takes about 30 min straight threw to an hour depends how much time is spent at the boardwalk. Plus you get to tour the boardwalk on the way and stop and get a snack or a drink.

I hardly ever see anyone walking so its nice and quite. I think the boat is faster if you dont mind waiting for the boat. I alway go in off season so it might be different in the summer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom