Epcot to Disney Hollywood Studios

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
One of the things my wife and I discovered is that if you want to head over to Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney MGM Studios) from Epcot, there are two ways to get there and two ways to save your feet from extra walking. :)

If you're at the front of the park (FutureWorld), head out the busses and go to Disney Hollywood Studios from there. But, if you're at the very back of the park (World Showcase), and you don't want to add the extra "steppage", just head to the International Gateway near France and take the boat.

We enjoyed the boat ride very much!! Of course, it makes a few stops along the way to the hotels, but we eventually got there. So, again, if you don't want to make the trek all the way to the front of the park from the World Showcase, the International Gateway near France is the way to go. :)

wiigirl

Yeah, the boat ride to MGM is lovely!! :)

...and relaxing...a great little break. ;)
75.gif

RonAnnArbor

Yup, I love that boat trip -- in either direction -- it also makes lunch easy -- DHS has notoriously few good eateries for lunch -- but its easy to book a lunch in Epcot -- take the boat over from DHS, have lunch, and then head back to DHS for the afternoon....

coachwnh

its a long boat ride with multiple stops you would be better off walking (about 45 minutes - and yes that would be faster than the boat) or take the bus. We often stay at BC/YC or BW and rarely (if at all) use the boats.

StarWarsGirl

We usually walk. Yes walk. It is very good exercise. We did this twice last trip. Once it was raining. We practically never take the boat (though we did last trip once on the way back). Plus we usually stay over st Beach Club or Boardwalk, so we end up walking to Hollywood Studios. If we go to Hollywood Studios, we end up doing a lot of walking.

But yes, this is usually the way to get to Epcot.

GeoDonJac34

We walked last year after a big meal at Cape May Cafe. I definitely needed to walk some of that off. On a nice night it was very enjoyable.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I enjoy the boats when time isn't an issue and save the wear on my feet. You tend to watch the time really tick away when you just want to get from one park to the other.

My Dream, like the monorail, a resort loop boat and an express boat. An express boat would really be a nice addition for guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom