Epcot: Switching Tiers

disneyfan295

Original Poster
I want to be able to utilize FP+ for both Soarin' and Test Track. I'm going to book Soarin' as my Tier 1 attraction first. If I book a Tier 2 FP+, but then see that the line is short and don't use it, can I change that FP+ to Test Track? Or do I have to change it to a Tier 2?

ratherbeinwdw

I want to be able to utilize FP+ for both Soarin' and Test Track. I'm going to book Soarin' as my Tier 1 attraction first. If I book a Tier 2 FP+, but then see that the line is short and don't use it, can I change that FP+ to Test Track? Or do I have to change it to a Tier 2?
If you will make your tier 1 fastpass for as early as possible, then make your tier 2's back to back, and then move the tier 2's up as soon as you finish tier 1, you may still be able to get a fastpass for the other tier 1 when the tier 2's time has expired. You can move the tier 2's up as soon as you finish the tier 1. You don't have to wait the entire hour. We were able to move ours as soon as we finished one last week.

ratherbeinwdw

We were not able to get TSMM or 7DMT fastpasses for later in the week. There were none available a week out.
We already had fastpasses for those two, but we wanted more for other days.

sjhym333

If you are an early to the park kind of person I would suggest you FP+ Soarin and hit Test Track early in the day. We did that a couple of weeks ago. Got into the park around 9:30 and went to Test Track with a minimal wait then went over to Soarin and used our FP

Dwarful

The other thing you might think about is doing single rider in TT if you want to ride it more than once. We did this and even though we were prepared to be split the two girls were put in a car with a group of four because no one close enough was a party of 2. My husband and I were both in the same car but I was front seat his was back seat. We had two days in Epcot and day one we did our first FP for Soarin', and went to TT at rope drop. Second day we did our FP for TT and went to Soarin' at rope drop. Not as good as the old system, but it was a way for us to work around it.

cw1982

Yep. DH and I did single rider for TT and ended up in the same car lol. A lot of groups of four go in, and those cars leave the loading zone full. So we easily got put together, just me behind him instead of next to him. Worked fine.

sdmpwc96

If you are an early to the park kind of person I would suggest you FP+ Soarin and hit Test Track early in the day. We did that a couple of weeks ago. Got into the park around 9:30 and went to Test Track with a minimal wait then went over to Soarin and used our FP
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I hadn't thought about this. For instance, under the old system if you arrived at rope-drop at Epcot and hoofed it over to Soarin' for fastpasses, even if you were in line at the machines at 9:30am, the return time would often be 11:20am. This means you couldn't get fastpasses for Test Track until 11:20. So at 11:20, we would stand in line to get fastpasses at Test Track that had a return time of usually 5:00pm. (btw, I have one child who is autistic and one with ADHD, so standing in line for 60+ minutes for anything is a farce) This has worked okay for us because we used the down time in the morning to eat the breakfast that we had to skip in order to get to the park on time and we used the lunch hours (when everyone else is eating) to tour World Showcase and then had a late lunch. Honestly, we had it down to a science for a few years. However, last year we had the bright idea to save money by cutting a day off of our vacation and swapping one of our park touring days for a day at Blizzard Beach. Our plan went downhill fast at Epcot. We saved Epcot for our last day, and at 5pm we went to use our fastpasses at Test Track and it was down. We couldn't stay to see if it would come back up and so we never got to ride it.
I could see, however, how having a fastpass ahead of time for one of the headliners could save you time! If you have a late morning fastpass for Soarin', for instance, before you even get to the park, you can make a bee-line for Test Track with perhaps a 20 minute wait (which is possible for us) and still have time for breakfast! :) Even if there is a break-down, I've heard that you can re-schedule for another day in your trip.

cw1982

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I hadn't thought about this. For instance, under the old system if you arrived at rope-drop at Epcot and hoofed it over to Soarin' for fastpasses, even if you were in line at the machines at 9:30am, the return time would often be 11:20am. This means you couldn't get fastpasses for Test Track until 11:20. So at 11:20, we would stand in line to get fastpasses at Test Track that had a return time of usually 5:00pm. (btw, I have one child who is autistic and one with ADHD, so standing in line for 60+ minutes for anything is a farce) This has worked okay for us because we used the down time in the morning to eat the breakfast that we had to skip in order to get to the park on time and we used the lunch hours (when everyone else is eating) to tour World Showcase and then had a late lunch. Honestly, we had it down to a science for a few years. However, last year we had the bright idea to save money by cutting a day off of our vacation and swapping one of our park touring days for a day at Blizzard Beach. Our plan went downhill fast at Epcot. We saved Epcot for our last day, and at 5pm we went to use our fastpasses at Test Track and it was down. We couldn't stay to see if it would come back up and so we never got to ride it.
I could see, however, how having a fastpass ahead of time for one of the headliners could save you time! If you have a late morning fastpass for Soarin', for instance, before you even get to the park, you can make a bee-line for Test Track with perhaps a 20 minute wait (which is possible for us) and still have time for breakfast! :) Even if there is a break-down, I've heard that you can re-schedule for another day in your trip.

Generally, if a ride breaks down during your fp window, that fp automatically becomes good for any attraction in that park for the rest of that day only (almost any attraction... but the things it won't include don't usually need a FP for the most part). If the ride opens up while later that day, you can use it for the original ride. Or, either way, you can use it for a different attraction if you choose. This does not affect your rolling 4th FP in any way.

Now, if you are already in line and the ride breaks down, sometimes they will give out paper FP's in addition to the automatic floating one. This happened to us at AK, and the paper one was good for just about anything at AK for anytime that day or a few days after.

I spelled all this out in more detail on another thread... off to see if I can find it for you :)

sdmpwc96

Marvelous! Thanks for the tips! This new system has really thrown me for a loop! We have been going to WDW every couple of years since 2005 and even though we are not going again until next summer, I like to be well-informed of any changes at the parks. I imagine most of the current info concerning FP+ will stay the same going forward (we hope!), but I can expect that every few months for the next couple of years Disney will be adding enhancements to their system. That's just a guess, mind you. I'm not in a position to guarantee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom