Epcot souvenir question

NonnaT

Does anyone know where (or if) they sell the bracelets made of old WDW park maps in Epcot? They are made in Africa, I believe... Thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Outpost. Between China and Germany.

From AllEars:

The latest vendor to set up shop in the village takes up residence in Bead Outpost. This entrepreneur arranges for old Disney guide books and other out-of-day Disney paper products to be sent to his family in Uganda. Here, the paper is hand rolled into beautifully colored beads which have been strung into necklaces and bracelets. The finished product is extremely durable and water resistant and makes a wonderful gift for yourself or a friend. You can actually wear a bit of recycled Walt Disney World with these pieces of jewelry.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Upvote 0

NonnaT

Original Poster

From AllEars:

The latest vendor to set up shop in the village takes up residence in Bead Outpost. This entrepreneur arranges for old Disney guide books and other out-of-day Disney paper products to be sent to his family in Uganda. Here, the paper is hand rolled into beautifully colored beads which have been strung into necklaces and bracelets. The finished product is extremely durable and water resistant and makes a wonderful gift for yourself or a friend. You can actually wear a bit of recycled Walt Disney World with these pieces of jewelry.
Thank you so much for the info!!!

Upvote 0

smk

From AllEars:

LOVE THIS!! I never took the time to find this place, I will now! How expensive? Does anyone know?

Upvote 0

NonnaT

Original Poster
I like it because it's something Disney AND it's recycled, AND it helps women secure a better life for themselves! Makes me feel good about spending my money, lol!

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

The bracelets were cool. We bought some and we made some of our own from old maps and guides. We almost always stop at the Florida Welcome Center right over the border and pick up some brochures as something to read for the final stretch to wdw. The DW and kids have made a bunch of their own over the years.

*edit* Another cool thing we discovered a few years ago were some small charms and tokens shaped like The Mouse made from old rails from the Walt Disney Rail Road. One side was stamped with that info. I believe we got them from Mouse Gears but we saw them in the other parks too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NonnaT

Original Poster
The bracelets were cool. We bought some and we made some of our own from old maps and guides. We almost always stop at the Florida Welcome Center right over the border and pick up some brochures as something to read for the final stretch to wdw. The DW and kids have made a bunch of their own over the years.

*edit* Another cool thing we discovered a few years ago were some small charms and tokens shaped like The Mouse made from old rails from the Walt Disney Rail Road. One side was stamped with that info. I believe we got th yiem from Mouse Gears but we saw them in the other parks too.
Obviously you have "arts and crafts" genes... Sadly I do not :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom