Epcot & Restraunts?

Aside from the Coral Reef (I've tried it already and want sumtin new even though I liked it) what would guys sugjest? I was thinking Mexico so if you have anything to say about their restraunt or any others in Epcot, I would be very grateful.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would suggest the Teppanyaki in Japan and also LeCellier Steakhouse in Canada. Another good choice is Chefs de France or Alredo's in Italy. I've never eaten in Mexico, so I can't say. I plan on trying it in Dec. for the Meet though.

Good luck!

Pam

Upvote 0

Figaro

If you mean the fish & chips food stand in United Kingdom, can't help you, we've never been to it. But we have been to the Rose & Crown restaurant quite a few times. They have fish & chips there but, we aren't fish eaters. That used to be my favorite restaurant, but it seems the last few times we've gone, the quality has gone down a bit. The CM's are very friendly, the atmosphere is nice, especially if you get to sit outside by the water. The food is only so-so.

If you like seafood, I hear the Norway restaurant/buffet is very good and very different.

Personally, we like the Biergarten. But only b/c my 3 yr old gets to dance around to the oom-pah band while we eat. The food is ok there too, but I would not consider it excellent german food. But that's just me :D

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I think the food is really overrated for its price. The atmosphere is great, but I wasn' impressed by the food.

Prices were not any higher than what we pay at the local places around here. But then again we pay through the nose :lol:

Upvote 0

Slinky Dog

Originally posted by hmppan
I like the Rose & Crown in Great Britain...

The Prime Rib is AMAZING.....mmnnn

Doesn't sound like an authentic British pub to me if the food is amazing :lol:

Seriously though, I would highly recommend Chefs de France, truly excellent food, service is great, and as for the wine list... :slurp:

Alfredo's can be great fun with a great atomsphere, but although the food was OK, I, personally, didn't think it was anything special.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Restaurants

I think you mentioned a "guy" place. Well, every year we go to Canada because the steaks are outstanding and my husband and my 21 year old son, love it. If you like steak, give it a try!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

:slurp:

I'm with MONORAIL FREAK on this one!!!

The BIERGARTEN in Gremany is my fave!!!

I just have to add this.....I HATED the restaurant in the Mexican pavilion!! As many have found this to be one of their favorites, I just had to get a vote in the other column. I felt the food was no better (maybe even a bit worse) than the local Don Pablo's or Taco Bell!!!

I tried it based on all the raves it gets on this board, but was disappointed.

I guess if we all liked the same things, there would only need to be one restaurant! :lol:

Upvote 0

Lhriangel

Mexico is definately great (eat by the water.. it's like the Blue Bayou at Disneyland only with a different theme). Also I second the Japan restrauant as great, any of them actually.

Places that aren't mentioned yet:

Morroco: If you want to try something different this place is really good. And for men they have a belly dancer.

China: Okay this was some of the best Chinese food I had in Orlando. In fact, it's better then alot of the Asian places in LA (although if anyone knows any good Asian places other then PF Changs in LA let me know, especially if they have crab ragoons cause no place I've tried in LA has them grr).

The Norway buffet is good, but it's different so if you have picky kids it might not be something to try.

Upvote 0

foxfire

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
I would suggest the Teppanyaki in Japan ...

A great time to try this is during the Candlelight Processional. If you book a dinner & show package and choose to eat here, you can get anything (at least when I went back in 98) on the menu.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Teppanyaki in Japan is great food and its different. mexico was definitely a let down. save yourself the money and have a better meal at don pablos outside of disney. I love mexican but the dinners i had on my last 2 trips last summer were a let down. the atmosphere however was really nice but you can go in there and shop if thats all you want.

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

I would suggest Alfredo's in Italy. It's the same restaurant that is famous in Italy (the country). It has the original recipe of Fettucine Alredo, which is to DIE for! I can't compare it to any other Alfredo sauce I have ever tasted before in my life. It's amazing. You can even see the chefs make all the homemade pasta in the kitchen, which is cool. You won't regret it.
Have fun!!

*Erika*

Upvote 0

thumper

My vote goes to the Biergarten buffet in Germany. If you like German food, this one should be on your list. If you want privacy, this may not be the place for you, since they tend to sit you in long tables with strangers. Fortunately, in all the times we've been there, we've lucked out and have chatted with our tablemates ( but some people just like to be left alone!) :)

I have mixed feelings about the Mexican restaurant. We tried it for the first time last year for lunch. Even then, it was packed. They seated us right away since we didn't want to be water-side (eating or watching the boats go by? Hmmm...). I thought the food was decent, but our service was horrible. Our waiter completely messed up our order, and it ended up taking as long as if we did wait for a table by the water. To add to that, they didn't compensate us for their mess-up. Would I do it again? Probably not...but that's just me! :D

Upvote 0

Erika

I second Angel's choice of Morocco. We ate there in 94 and loved it. The belly dancer was so fun to watch. Back then I was a pretty picky eater so I would say it's a pretty safe bet for just about anybody.

I also agree with the people who mentioned Biergarten. The atmosphere is a lot of fun and the food is good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom