EPCOT RESORTS-International Gateway???

Peter Parker

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO BE CHECKED IN the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club to walk over the bridge to Epcot?? I will be staying at another resort but was thinking of having a character breakfast at Cape May's Cafe and then walking to EPCOT World Showcase thru International Gateway from these resorts. Will they ask if I am staying in one of these 5 resorts???Is it a real long walk????

GoofyMom2

They have turnstiles, security etc at the International Gateway....it's another entrance to the park. They open the same time FW opens (usually 9).

The walk from Swan/Dolphin is about 15 min (some would say 10, guess I walk slow LOL) and walk from YBC is about 5 min. You can also take the Friendship boats, but sometimes walking is faster.

The WS part is closed if you go at opening for FW, but it's still a nice stroll because it's usually not crowded.

Upvote 0

PJLukasik

It's extremely convenient and it's kind of cool to walk through WS while they are still doing some lats minute prep for opening. The only downside in my opinion is not seeing Leave a Legacy and Spaceship Earth immediately when you enter.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

PJLukasik said:
The only downside in my opinion is not seeing Leave a Legacy and Spaceship Earth immediately when you enter.

I wouldn't consider that a downside ;) :lol:

We took the boat from MGM to the IG on our last trip. It was the first time I had ever been in that area of WDW (BW/BC/YC) in all of my 6 trips. It is really charming and, though I haven't been, I'd imagine it's downright beautiful at night.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

If World Showcase isn't open yet, they will direct you towards Canada and into Future World. You won't be able to hang out in World Showcase. But anyone is free to enter Epcot through the International Gateway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom