EPCOT Report August 26

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
I was in EPCOT this past Wednesday.

-SSE had a 20 minute wait at about 11:15. I really enjoy that ride. I just don't like Judie Dench. The narration is fine but I'd rather have another voice.

-My picture did not work on my second ride and there was no video of me to send home in Project Tomorrow.

-Someone mentioned the street scene in a window next to the now clothed sculpture was missing. Well, it's back now.

-Watched all FoN shows except Celebrate the Future. I later heard the last few seconds at about 10:15 PM

-At 8:00 PM, there was a tone such as that from a grandfather clock played in FW. At each tone, several streams of water were shot rom the FoN; 8 cues for 8 PM. I had never seen this before. Not sure if it is new or if it is hourly.

-There was a refurb wall in the far end of the FW East breezeway, no doubt for the new pavement.

-Noticed the new color schemes for the breezeways as well.

-Test Track was great. 20 minute single rider queue.

-Angler Fish was working in The Seas, as it was on my last trip.

-LwtL was all walled off but I took the Behind the Seeds Tour. Extremely informative and very well worth the small price. Although my father said it does not merit his money...

-Saw one of the Nautilus subs behind the Soarin' building.

-Soarin' was 80 minutes earlier in the day then went up. Rode it using FPs and it really is a fantastic attraction. But it made my father a bit queesy.

-Had a fantastic sandwich at Sunshine Seasons. Turkey, Munster and Chipotle Mayo on Focaccia. Mongolian Beef for dinner. Wanted to try some lamb at Tangerine Cafe but my father isn't adventureous and opted for the same thing he had for lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

-The screen on the left side of Gran Fiesta Tour just before the AA scene was blank.

-Walls were still up infront of the Tequila bar.

-Wall was up between WS Plaza and Mexico for the F&W Festival.

-Wanted to watch the 3 WS films but my father chickened out when I told him they were CircleVision 360.

-In both Mexico and the UK, there were a couple of CMs playing soccer on the promenade with some young kids.

-The torches were lit at the beginning of the RoE pre-show BGM, about 30 minutes prior to the show.

-The first and only glitch in RoE happened right off the bat. The comet launched, the 2 opening Dahlias launched, met up with the comet and just fell back in to the water. They are visible in the video that I took so it must have been a problem with the shells themselves and not the e-matches.

-After that, the show was perfect. The timing on the red strobes is better and the timing of the blue octopi during Celebration was great.

-The strobes on the Earth Barge were not used unlike the last few weeks.

-I'm sorry to say that I have yet to see the elusive overflowing trashcan. Maybe it was an off day? :confused:

EPCOT - what an amazing place.

Cmdr_Crimson

-SSE had a 20 minute wait at about 11:15. I really enjoy that ride. I just don't like Judie Dench. The narration is fine but I'd rather have another voice.

Which is why I carry my MP3 Player put my earphones on and listen to the Jeremy Irons version...Even with the new scenes it still works!:D

WDW Vacationer

-My picture did not work on my second ride and there was no video of me to send home in Project Tomorrow.

-Someone mentioned the street scene in a window next to the now clothed sculpture was missing. Well, it's back now.

-Watched all FoN shows except Celebrate the Future. I later heard the last few seconds at about 10:15 PM

-At 8:00 PM, there was a tone such as that from a grandfather clock played in FW. At each tone, several streams of water were shot rom the FoN; 8 cues for 8 PM. I had never seen this before. Not sure if it is new or if it is hourly.

-There was a refurb wall in the far end of the FW East breezeway, no doubt for the new pavement.

-LwtL was all walled off but I took the Behind the Seeds Tour. Extremely informative and very well worth the small price. Although my father said it does not merit his money...

-Soarin' was 80 minutes earlier in the day then went up. Rode it using FPs and it really is a fantastic attraction. But it made my father a bit queesy.

-Had a fantastic sandwich at Sunshine Seasons. Turkey, Munster and Chipotle Mayo on Focaccia. Mongolian Beef for dinner. Wanted to try some lamb at Tangerine Cafe but my father isn't adventureous and opted for the same thing he had for lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

-The screen on the left side of Gran Fiesta Tour just before the AA scene was blank.

-Wanted to watch the 3 WS films but my father chickened out when I told him they were CircleVision 360.

-In both Mexico and the UK, there were a couple of CMs playing soccer on the promenade with some young kids.

-The torches were lit at the beginning of the RoE pre-show BGM, about 30 minutes prior to the show.

-The first and only glitch in RoE happened right off the bat. The comet launched, the 2 opening Dahlias launched, met up with the comet and just fell back in to the water. They are visible in the video that I took so it must have been a problem with the shells themselves and not the e-matches.

-After that, the show was perfect. The timing on the red strobes is better and the timing of the blue octopi during Celebration was great.

-I'm sorry to say that I have yet to see the elusive overflowing trashcan. Maybe it was an off day? :confused:

I will comment in the order of what I bolded is.

1.Not sure if it is new,I have never seen it,and it sounds cool!

2.Hmmm.....why would that be there?:confused:

3.AMEN TO THAT!:sohappy:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Ooo, how did you see the Nautilus behind Soarin? A backstage door open?

Thanks for the quick update! :wave:

I was on the Behind the Seeds tour. I first saw it just as we exited The Land building. In the 1st greenhouse, a door was open and it was plainly visible so I walked out to take a few pictures.

[/B]
I will comment in the order of what I bolded is.

1.Not sure if it is new,I have never seen it,and it sounds cool!

2.Hmmm.....why would that be there?:confused:

3.AMEN TO THAT!:sohappy:
It has been there for quite some time. Used mainly for special events.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I was on the Behind the Seeds tour. I first saw it just as we exited The Land building. In the 1st greenhouse, a door was open and it was plainly visible so I walked out to take a few pictures.

It has been there for quite some time. Used mainly for special events.
Ah, coooooool! Think I've heard about that around here from some members, but didn't know the part about being able to freely take pictures. Do you mind posting one for all of us 20k fans? :eek: :wave:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Ah, coooooool! Think I've heard about that around here from some members, but didn't know the part about being able to freely take pictures. Do you mind posting one for all of us 20k fans? :eek: :wave:

I could have gotten closer but there were CMs unloading materials, as you may see in the picture, and I didn't want to get in their way.

IMG_4820.jpg

I forgot to mention that I took a spin on a Segway in Innoventions.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Thank you so much for posting the pic! I forgot how HUGE those things were! :lol:

*Considers throwing wheels on there and taking it for a spin*

EPCOT Explorer

WOW! :D sounds like a very nice EPCOT report...Very nice to hear of all the quality coming back to a guest's visit...:D

(Notes on what I have bolded below)

I could have gotten closer but there were CMs unloading materials, as you may see in the picture, and I didn't want to get in their way.

IMG_4820.jpg

I forgot to mention that I took a spin on a Segway in Innoventions.

- You can request to stay on SSE if that happens.

-Never heard of the FoN doing that! Very cool.:D Glad that it's working.

-Good show on the fish.:lol:

-20K FTW.:D that is all.

- Glad the torches are back!! They have not turned them on 30 mins before in a WHILE!

Gooooood news.:D Happy you had fun.

EPCOTPluto

Great update! Perhaps I may go there tomorrow. It seems to me that EPCOT is the one park that always changes every fortnight.

And to point out certain things:

-At 8:00 PM, there was a tone such as that from a grandfather clock played in FW. At each tone, several streams of water were shot from the FoN; 8 cues for 8 PM. I had never seen this before. Not sure if it is new or if it is hourly.
I recall seeing that tone not too long ago. I thought it was convenient. :)

Odd. Perhaps it was just bad timing? At least the rest went well...

Do you mean the talking trash can? It's at the entrance to the Electric Umbrella, nearest SSE. Always a hoot to see the reactions to it. :D

OT: I need to upload some DAK/DTD pics from two weeks ago, now my PC's back to normal.

Think anyone will have an issue with it? :shrug:

DarthGrady

Which is why I carry my MP3 Player put my earphones on and listen to the Jeremy Irons version...Even with the new scenes it still works!:D

Holy crap thats a good idea. I would have never thought of that. :sohappy:

Is the audio available by itself, or do you just use the video file?

EPCOT Explorer

Great update! Perhaps I may go there tomorrow. It seems to me that EPCOT is the one park that always changes every fortnight.

And to point out certain things:

I recall seeing that tone not too long ago. I thought it was convenient. :)

Odd. Perhaps it was just bad timing? At least the rest went well...

Do you mean the talking trash can? It's at the entrance to the Electric Umbrella, nearest SSE. Always a hoot to see the reactions to it. :D

OT: I need to upload some DAK/DTD pics from two weeks ago, now my PC's back to normal.

Think anyone will have an issue with it? :shrug:
Not at all.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom