Epcot question

htfdwlfpack

Original Poster
So i was watching someones home made videos of Epcot last night, though i cant remember which one. Anyway, The people were just going into Epcot and they had to scan there finger.

Is this still done, is it instead of the ticket system,which i doubt, and if its still done, why.

lazyboy97o

It is done all of the big Orlando area parks in conjunction with the ticket. It is a biometric scan that is intended to help reduce the use of counterfeit or rented tickets by matching each with unique identifiers determined by the structure of your finger.

Wendy517

There was some talk of getting rid of the finger scan, but on our trip in early April, they were still using it.

wizards8507

There was some talk of getting rid of the finger scan, but on our trip in early April, they were still using it.

My understanding is that they switch it off during peak season to help move guests through quicker. Someone can correct me on that.

To the OP, this is in addition to your park ticket. The fingerprint is "matched" to your ticket so you can't swap them around.

Jerm

So i was watching someones home made videos of Epcot last night, though i cant remember which one. Anyway, The people were just going into Epcot and they had to scan there finger.

Is this still done, is it instead of the ticket system,which i doubt, and if its still done, why.

They have been using the biometric system for more then a few years now. It is used in all the major theme parks in Fl and soon to be used in DL in Ca. They don't turn it off during the busy season. It is not a finger print.....trying to think of the other things people have said about it.

It is a 2 fold process, you insert your ticket and then scan the finger and if both match then you are good! You might have seen the test they were doing at EPCOT where it was the turnstile less entry, it was the same process but more of a flow to it. Either way, you have to have a ticket and a scan to get into the parks.

Disneydreamer23

I have been there In march june july sept oct and dec all times this was used.. you are very interested are you planning on sharing tickets lol.... you will probably get busted my fiance and I one yr stayed off property and got the paper tickets both had mickey on them , we got them switched up and as soon as i scanned my fingr pop a security guard was there , i told them i must have mixed them up and they let me try the other one.. but for that split second i was a little scared !

wizards8507

I have been there In march june july sept oct and dec all times this was used.. you are very interested are you planning on sharing tickets lol.... you will probably get busted my fiance and I one yr stayed off property and got the paper tickets both had mickey on them , we got them switched up and as soon as i scanned my fingr pop a security guard was there , i told them i must have mixed them up and they let me try the other one.. but for that split second i was a little scared !

I had the understanding that they put tickets together in groups. So if you had a family of four using four different tickets, the fingerprint would work for any of them as long as it was one of the four.

Jerm

I had the understanding that they put tickets together in groups. So if you had a family of four using four different tickets, the fingerprint would work for any of them as long as it was one of the four.

Nope it is a ticket per person per finger. That is why if you don't have a KttW make sure you write your name on the ticket so you can tell which is which. This is also why Disney started having different designs on the tickets to help tell them apart.

While some feel it takes longer to get through, it 1. helps keep people from cheating the system a whole lot more then it used to and 2. it is a lot fast then some of the other systems I have seen tried.

C&D

Most of the times it is used, however, sometimes (whether because it is inoperative or they choose not to use it) entry is granted without the finger scan. I have seen this at different times of the day (though mostly in the morning) and in different months (my experience would be over the years and be in November, December, January and May; those are the only months that I can vouch for my statement).

Texas84

We were there one week the finger scans were not in use. So I was able to use my Mom's ticket on a future trip. She had one day left. I didn't feel like I was cheating because I originally paid for them. :lookaroun

Rob562

I don't know if we've ever gotten actual confirmation from an official source, but there was anecdotal evidence that tickets purchased in the same sales transaction were "linked" and that if the scans matched any of the group's scan, the turnstile would unlock.

If the earlier poster and his girlfriend bought their tickets in separate transactions, they wouldn't have been linked.

-Rob

Disneydreamer23

I don't know if we've ever gotten actual confirmation from an official source, but there was anecdotal evidence that tickets purchased in the same sales transaction were "linked" and that if the scans matched any of the group's scan, the turnstile would unlock.

If the earlier poster and his girlfriend bought their tickets in separate transactions, they wouldn't have been linked.

-Rob

Yes my fiance used his credit card and my I used mine ha ha

lbrad

I wish they would get rid of the finger scanner!!!
Takes too long and we (family of 5) have always gotten stopped :(
I now put/write our names on our individual ticket

AstareGod

I believe you can still refuse to use the biometric finger scanner and instead opt to show a photo ID as long as your name is on the ticket you're trying to use. Disney won't advertise this but I'm pretty sure they will allow it in lieu of scanning your finger. Can anyone confirm this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom