EPCOT pavilion pins - do I have them all?

osian

Original Poster
I've been trying to collect all the EPCOT Center pavilion logo pins, but I don't know how many there actually are in the set. I also believe there was more than one release, I don't even know if the ones I've got come from the same collection!

So far, I've got Imagination, The Land, Communicore, Living Seas, World of Motion, Wonders of Life, Universe of Energy, Horizons. I imagine there might/should also be Spaceship Earth, Odyssey and the EPCOT Center logo. Can anyone shed some light?

Attachments

• pins.JPG
    pins.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 22

Royal Purple Pigment

These pins come from different collections:

I am not sure if you are aware but around 95% of pins on WDW pin boards are fake pins of low quality. People are buying low quality fake pins in bulk from Ebay, Amazon, etc. and put them on Disney boards. It's hard to tell from your pictures but I suspect the ones you have are not mostly not real. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy them but it's good to know what is going on so you don't trade real ($$$) pins for fake pins.

osian

Original Poster
Thank you for replying and the links to those collections. I'm happy with the quality of the ones I've got, they do seem genuine, they look exactly the same as the pics in those links and they have genuine Disney markings on the back. Looks like I have three from one collection and five from the other. I don't mind that, I just want all the EPCOT pavilions! Do you know if these 2015 and 2018 collections are the same ones that were in the mystery boxes of a few years ago? Was that as far back as 2018?

I'm aware that most of the pins on the pin boards are very generic and non-descript. I suspect it's those you're referring to, but I like to think these ones are genuine, not sure if 95% of these specific EPCOT ones are faked! I'm not a pin collector as such, I'm just interested in these EPCOT ones.

Until I had a look at those pages, I didn't realise the markings on the back also say 1 of 5, 2 of 5 etc, too small to be seen with my uncorrected eyes! Seems like, officially, there are only 5 in each collection. The others are extras, called completers, or chasers. I have all 5 from 2015, but I'd also like the Spaceship Earth "completer". Not bothered about the Communicore "chaser", it doesn't match the others. I've got 3 from 2018, not bothered about the logo "chaser" or the ISTC "completer", again they don't match the others. So there are 3 in total that I need to look out for.

Last edited:

Royal Purple Pigment

These particular pins were "Hidden Mickey" pins and were not available directly for purchase. They were put on cast lanyards by Disney for trading with guests.

Here are a few videos on how to spot fake pins:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom