epcot or epcoy?

Dwight Benedict

Epcot is the ultimate adult park, great rides, great restaurants, great entertainment, great people. End your day with a fabulous dinner at Bistro de Paris, followed by a fireworks show and a romantic stroll to your hotel room at the Boardwalk (or BC or YC). It cannot be beat!!

M. Racer

EPCOT is our favorite park!! Every Person Comes Out Tired..Employee Polyester Costume of Torture...Every Paycheck Comes On Thursday..etc.

JT3000

Empress Room said:
I'd have to disagree. IOA, despite a lot more theming than your typical Six Flags, is more closely related to that genre than to any Disney park. Its narrow walkways, omnipresent roller coasters and teeny bopper feel (although enjoyable at a certain level) cannot compare to the theming of Epcot.

I can only assume you've never been to a Six Flags. Or IOA. They have practically nothing in common. Last time I checked, theming was the largest aspect of a theme park. Right there, the difference is clear. And what's this about narrow walkways and roller coasters? Are you trying to tell me there are no Disney parks with those things? "Teeny boppers" are something Disney attracts, in larger numbers than either Universal park.

Epcot's World Showcase is nice for what it is. Future World is an awfully boring, sterile 80's representation of the future. Not what I'd call top notch theming.

DisneyBride94

Man--I love EPCOT... It's really unfair to pre-judge it like that based on comments from some people who are overly critical.

I think EPCOT is great... I enjoy it more than Magic Kingdom, if I'm being honest. I'm sure my kids enjoy MK more than EPCOT--there is more there for them, and more rides that they can ride since only my older two are just starting to be tall enough for some EPCOT rides... but EPCOT is highly entertaining and informative... the few rides that they do have are outstanding... Mission Space is amazing, as is Soarin'...and I enjoy Test Track(as do my two oldest children who are finally tall enough to ride it).

The variety of food available at EPCOT is amazing--I really enjoy trying all the different eateries... It's a lot of fun. I really enjoy the little street performances that you can catch, if you are lucky, as you tour World Showcase.

I went to EPCOT for the first time within a month or three of its opening... and I was not excited to be there... I was on a school trip... and us girls would have preferred a day at the pool to work on our tans. We sat around on a bench for the first hour or so....trying to catch some rays...but eventually did get in line for a ride...and from then on we loved the place. It was so much fun...

Wait and see--give it a chance... and then post us back later...

Six Flags Over I-Drive

JT3000 said:
Uhh, there's no Six Flags in Orlando. And if you were comparing IOA to a Six Flags, you're out of your mind. :lookaroun

You're right, Six Flags doesn't dress it's employees in pajamas.

Or was that "themeing"?

-Billy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom